Your guy friends want to have sex with you. Wake up ladies!

diabolik

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southern, I'm glad you posted this - if you remember this thread over the coming years, it may save you some grief. I've seen your pic - I'd say probably close to 100% of your straight male friends want to have sex with you. What might be happening is that many are probably too intimidated to hit on you. Could be other things, but regardless of the reason, and despite your protestations, I can assure you that you are highly desirable to men.

First off, thank you for such a huge compliment! Secondly, I've been completely wasted out of my mind with these guys just about every weekend for 2 years now (I don't drink like I did last year though). They do NOT hit on me. Honestly. I even put that in the thread when I made one about just being one of the guys. And I'm glad that they're not pigs and I can trust them and all, but sometimes a girl wants to feel a little different than just a buddy to frickin everyone.

Trust me, I'm pretty street smart. I know they'd never take advantage of me or anything like that. I've been around these guys for a looong time. I was in this category in high school and I'm in it again in college. I really think that some girls are just friends with guys. Not saying they haven't pictured me naked from time to time--guys do that with ALL girls just about. But they'd never act on it.

I used to think that I was just one of the guys, as well. Then I became single and I was suddenly a lot more popular with my guy friends.

I've been single for 9 months. After my last boyfriend and I broke up, I thought I'd get different attention from the guys, especially since they had never even met my bf cuz he was back home. But nope.

In high school though, I always had a boyfriend. So that would explain why my guy friends stayed guy friends.

Trust me, I'm pretty street smart. I know they'd never take advantage of me or anything like that. I've been around these guys for a looong time. I was in this category in high school and I'm in it again in college. I really think that some girls are just friends with guys. Not saying they haven't pictured me naked from time to time--guys do that with ALL girls just about. But they'd never act on it.

I think you'll find things a bit different once you're out of school, assuming you go live in an urban area.

I'm very glad I'm one of the (according to this thread) few guys who befriends people to be friends, not as a ploy to get them in bed.

That's not what he's trying to say. What he means is that nearly all guys would sleep with any of their good female friends if the opportunity arised, and there were no strings attached (Such as awkwardness between them, or anyone else).

We can become good friends with girls just because we genuinely like their personalities. But the fact is that I'd sleep with any one of my good female friends given the chance.

That's not what he's trying to say. What he means is that nearly all guys would sleep with any of their good female friends if the opportunity arised, and there were no strings attached (Such as awkwardness between them, or anyone else).

We can become good friends with girls just because we genuinely like their personalities. But the fact is that I'd sleep with any one of my good female friends given the chance.

Well, in that case I'm still apparently one of the few that wouldn't.

All this thread is accomplishing is making girls more insecure about their guy friends. If a girl doesn't want to have sex with their guy friends well its her choice. If she doesn't want to have sex well then no ones going to have sex. The controls in the girls hands so I don't understand why you are sounding off the warning sirens here. Now I am going to have to watch my harmless flirtation with all my girl friends because they might take it as something else. Thanks for making life a bit more difficult for those guys who just want to be friends...

All this thread is accomplishing is making girls more insecure about their guy friends. If a girl doesn't want to have sex with their guy friends well its her choice. If she doesn't want to have sex well then no ones going to have sex. The controls in the girls hands so I don't understand why you are sounding off the warning sirens here. Now I am going to have to watch my harmless flirtation with all my girl friends because they might take it as something else. Thanks for making life a bit more difficult for those guys who just want to be friends...

Don't worry. I'm sure your friends won't know about this.

I think it's refreshing to hear this from a man.

Of course it's her choice. The OP was just pointing out that a girl's guy friends would most likely have sex with her if given the chance. Nothing wrong with that IMO. I'm perfectly fine with knowing that my guy friends wouldn't mind having sex with me. It doesn't bother me at all.

You know I was just thinking about it and the person who will probably get screwed the most from women believing this is probably the friend who genuinely loves his friend. Now the girls who are reading this are going to push those guys away when really that engagement is quite harmless.

I just think bringing this out and telling women its what most men think is causing a lot more damage then good. Women should be smart enough to realize which guys have it in for them and which ones are harmless.

She may feel it compromises her relationship if she is in one or the relationship with him. Could get awkward. Who knows. Don't think it would happen often.

And what is the point of generalizing everything when we already know that every guy is different just like every girl is different. Its just a pointless debate when it comes down to it...

This I agree with.

Right on! I'm glad someone finally brought this up and told it like it is! As a guy I have to say that this article is very accurate. This is an issue that my ex and I used to debate about. She had alot of male friends and I would always say to her "you know that guy wants to date / have sex with you" and she would always say that he didn't and they were just friends no matter how clear the guy was making it. Ladies just need to accept that they have no idea how guys really think no matter how much they think they do! Not to be sexist but thats just how it is.

Right on! I'm glad someone finally brought this up and told it like it is! As a guy I have to say that this article is very accurate. This is an issue that my ex and I used to debate about. She had alot of male friends and I would always say to her "you know that guy wants to date / have sex with you" and she would always say that he didn't and they were just friends no matter how clear the guy was making it. Ladies just need to accept that they have no idea how guys really think no matter how much they think they do! Not to be sexist but thats just how it is.

And other guys need to learn to not speak for other guys on what they really think.

I only have sexual interest, and it's not any of my female friends.

I agree, men and women can't be platonic unless the woman is seriously ugly or something. If I had guy friends though it wouldn't bother me at all that they would want to have sex with me because I would find it flattering. It would feed my ego. I would like it. I am single though so it's different vs a woman who is not. All guys who have befriended me in the past wanted to do me. I agree.

Why are you telling me to wake up though? I already knew all guy friends/acquaintances want to have sex with me and I am fine with it. I have no problem with guy friends fantasizing about me and wanting to have sex with me. I like it. lol

I am starting to get seriously irratated with the blatent generalizations in this thread that some people are continuing to use. If you are a guy and you believe this is the way things work then speak ONLY for yourself. If you are a girl then you shouldn't be even be making such sweeping generalizations.

I find it very frustrating because people are painting every guy with a single paint brush. Personally, I have very beautiful girl friends and in fact 99.9% of my close friends are girls. I wouldn't ever take advantage of them even if they threw themselves at me because thats my moral and ethical stand on this issue.

I would like you to making that sweeping generalization now...

The point of this post is to encourage women to be vigilent, yes?

How do you propose women practically take steps to be vigilent? What exactly should we be doing with this new found knowledge that all our male friends want to sleep with us?

What should we be doing that you think we are not currently doing? It's one thing to say "be vigilent" - what does that mean to you exactly?

Archived