THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

End of Day 19.

Today was tough. I miss my best friend. Maybe if I had left him alone for a month right after the break up we would be back together by now, but no, I had to pester him for a month and a half. I hate being single, I don't want to have to start dating again. I just want to be with him again.

In a couple of hours it will have been 24 hours of true no contact. I think this is the longest either of us have gone without reaching out. I woke up not feeling the sadness that I usually feel after our breakups, but obviously it's still on my mind. We'll see how I feel throughout the day. Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe I was more ready to move on than I realized.

I really need to do no contact, but i have a hard time hard time going above 3 days i hope this thread will help

She left me a month ago and we've talk or text every week since...

She's seeing someone else altought she tells me there is no feeling on her part cause she still loves me.

We talk and texted all night last night and this morning i really want to call her but I wont

I really need to go more then 3 days....

*sigh* .. it's almost end of day 8.

I really have no words. I think about him, yeah. I still can't believe what happened to us. What he did to us. Why couldn't he just be a good guy? I hate the person he became, the lies he told to cover up his deceiving actions. If I talk about it anymore I will sound like a broken record.

I'm perfectly fine with NC. NC forever if needed. I will not break.

Technically Day 23

I have therapy in the morning, a test to take for school that I'm not ready for, and getting drinks with some girls from a meetup.com group. I'm trying my best to stay busy. I still think about him all the time and mornings are definitely the most difficult. Just trying to remember that if he wanted to talk to me he could.

Hi, my boyfriend broke up with me on 3.01.17, you sound like you are feeling just like me. He was totally in love with me then said it hurt him too much and wanted to go back to being friends. In fact he wanted to to get to know me all over again and date again. At first he messaged but without any kisses, now he's ignoring me.

I broke NC last night after 4 days.

We hadn't talked since the day of the break up. Things were left open ended and I didn't enjoy the uncertainty so I requested a talk. Initially we both thought it might have been too early, but we ended up having a really good discussion, and pinpointed a couple of issues we didn't even realize we had, but agree to work on after our break.

I think it was good because he seemed to think things were too damaged to move forward, due to the way he handled it. We both agreed we have something worth trying to going back to once he realizes he can be independent.

We're going back to minimal contact, but agree that we'll sort of use FB to let each other know when we're thinking of the other.

Day 14

If you have unfinished business then go and finish it. When my ex and i fought before i said a lot of things i didnt mean and we didnt speak for 6 months during which he blocked me on his phone. I couldnt move on so i showed up at his work to get some kind of closure, but we ended up reconnecting and reconciling for a year where we became codependent which is unhealthy. When i became busy he got lonely and was starting to date other people behind my back. He wanted to do the lets be friends thing but I couldnt because I am still so inlove with him and I felt I have given everything I had to give despite school, work, and now my internship. I walked away on new years day and I know I did the right thing. Do I miss him like crazy? Hell yes! But you know what I miss more? My self-respect and my sanity. At least now I walked away knowing I gave everything I had and if it still wasn't enough, it was his problem, not mine.

DAY 30 NC, 15 days since LC

Was his experience so lopsided from mine?? How is this even possible. I feel awful that i was so in love and he was falling out of it and i had no idea. I just feel awful.

Will he ever talk to me again...why did he make assumptions about "what i want" and "what my path is" without ever having that talk with me. Im just so frustrated.

And sad. I feel bad because my parents worry because they live overseas and there is nothing anyone can do.

Does he ever look at photos of us or me and wish to go back to that day like I do?

Day 26

This morning I slid in to a curb while taking a turn because of ice on the road. I'm fine, but my front left tire is not and the wheel and suspension might be messed up too. So much for going away this weekend. Now I'm going to have 3 days off in a row with nothing to do except think about him. I really wanted to call him today. He was always the one I called to vent about things going on, but he doesn't want to hear from me.