THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 7 NC

Glad the holidays are over. I am honestly thankful to be moving on. Spent the past few days doing some hobbies I haven't been interested in due to the stress of the break up. Considering moving back to the town we originally came from to put some space and distance between myself and her new situation, and taking a small vacation just to enjoy some personal time.

Getting there.

Day 1

Not really contact him, but was New Year, I forgive myself on that. I know this BU will be much easier, as I am really in control most time, personally I do not believe NC, I like NIC, but I think I will like to be clean as possible this time. That is why I want to give it try.

Only the issues, that he still have my things at his place, for some reasons, he still hold it, not give to me, I did ask him 1st day when we BU, he always says “ very soon he will drop off…” it is been almost 4 weeks already...

Yesterday was hard, as I realize I did have good time with him last year, we have done so much travelling together, he did bring so much joy in my life, pain was intense, but joy was incredible too…

Need move on w/without him!!!

I'm trying the No Contact thing. Things I usually do, I don't. But she keeps contacting me. So I contact her back. It's only day 2. Making it harder, she texted me the day after she said she wants a break and space saying she missed me. I didnt text back. But she texted a sad face to me. It woke me up so I texted what's wrong out of habit. She said she missed me. Sigh...so I gave in and said I missed her too...sigh...so far, not so good.

Day 8 NC.

Just realized my blocked filtering on Hotmail was set improperly. So, there was an email from her this morning saying "Can I ask you a question?". I had told her previously not to contact me. I am not answering, I know whatever it is - she can figure it out WITHOUT me. She has a new boyfriend to assist her with life's difficult questions, and if it was legitimate and it somehow pertained to us....well there is no us anymore. It will remain a mystery to her. There was a time when I would have already answered. Not now, maybe not ever. It feels good to take control of my life again.

I feel better everyday already. There are definitely some twinges of mixed emotions, but then I try and focus on the bad things she did to me.

A cute girl I know started blowing me up over text and email the past couple days - and I have gone down to her work during her breaks to sit and just talk. She likes to laugh. It's nice...

No Contact.

Day 2.

I did NC for 3 months. He then texted me. Professing his love. But we met twice. On the second occasion we argued. Be told me he didn't want to be with me ever. I let my emotions get the best of me. I appeared weak and desperate. I ruined my chances. So I think going NC at this point el just help me heal. I'm sure after our big fight he is convinced I'm crazy. I did text him 3 days ago to apologize for how I acted. Be was at fault too. But I only mentioned my involvement in a 4 sentence text. He responded, Ok. And I haven't heard from him since.

Is been 2 days. I'm not happy about the impression I made.

I think it's impossible to reconcile if there are still hard feelings and the issues pop up. This is exactly what happened when I got back together with my ex. It was too much, too soon. There were too many hard feelings left over - too much anger - too much pain. Sometimes you just have to let go completely.

Day 10

Some details about our relationship :

We broke up on December 14th, after a month of "break" (she wanted that break but, really, I think she essentially tried to "soften" this break-up by delaying it... ) and a 7 1/2 years relationship...

On December 14th, she mailed me that she wanted to break up and that she was absolutely sure of her decision. I didn't beg, didn't panic and quite simply sent her a letter explaining that I realized many things and was still in love with her (even wrote her that I cannot be her friend because, for me, it's all or nothing). I learned from a mutual friend about 5 days later that she is already with another guy and went to Montreal with him for some holidays (he lives there)... I felt betrayed, extremely hurt and went NC from this point. I never told her that I'm aware of her new relationship and she never told me... She e-mailed me twice since then (quite friendly...) and I don't understand why...

I texted her one last "merry Christmas" on December 24th and NC from there.

Day 1. Together for four years. He confessed he hasn't been in love with me for a few months and told me he needs a break. He is going to focus on himself and work and think about everything. I have moved out most of the stuff that I need from our apartment. It has been one day since we texted one another. He is at a party we were supposed to go to together and my friend texted me saying he looks sad. My heart hurts but I know I need him to feel remorse and miss me if we have any hope of getting back together. I will not text him!

Went off NC after she emailed and I gave it a day - called and chatted her up - I know she's doing her best to move on and so am I. I just manned up and decided to get on with my life. I finally realized I did as much as she did to destroy the relationship. Maybe more. I'm capable of being friends with her - and I feel solid in my skin. Good luck to everyone here. I know the pain you're feeling. I think the old adage "Time heals all things" is pretty much spot on.

I'm definitely doing this

I've already done one month of no contact already but I had a terrible habit of going and looking at this FB profile page every now and again (we are no friends on FB anymore although he is still friends with a lot of my close mates and my sister), as well as for a period asking a mutual friend about him.

So this time I have blocked him on FB to make it harder for me to see his profile and am taking space from mutual friends also so I am not tempted. I feel a lot better alright. It is tough though since I know he is in a relationship with a really spiteful girl (she WAS a mutual friend but I recently saw her true colours and want nothing more to do with her), but that's his choice, hopefully it will open his eyes to what he has lost.

I'll start from tomorrow

Day 1

It's pretty rough what I'm going through right now. She messaged me last night but I did not respond to it. She broke up with me and now she's messing with another guy. I know she's just playing games with me because when I told her I would be exiting her life, she told me "You can't just walk out my f*****g life like that". However, I am extremely determined to follow this NC rule. It will be tough, but I have to do it. I find myself dazing off and constantly thinking about her. I know what I deserve though, and I'm not going to be her "friend" that she can talk to whenever she wants. I treated her so nicely when we were together so I will not be used. I just really want to get her out of my head. The difficult part is that me and her attend the same school and we have classes with one another; we also might have to work in a group together for a chemistry class. If it's strictly about school, I won't count it as breaking the NC rule. I will not give into her laughs, smiles, etc. I will ignore her when it comes to everything else besides school. It's for the better of me.

Day 1

He broke up with me the week before we were to go home to my parents for Christmas. He moved out of our apartment while I was away. He says he doesn't love me the way i love him, he *just* can't commit to me and he's not the 'one' for me. Was it out of nowhere? Yes and no. we'd been going through a rough patch but i thought we were working through it. there had been some trust issues on my end due to his ex-wife wanting to reconcile with him earlier in our relationship (and him considering) this combined with his commitment issues led to some pretty bad fights. which mostly ended with him saying i had to change not him. in hindsight i think we could have problem solved together a lot better.

His statements and actions indicate little to no desire for future reconciliation. However, that didn't stop me from seeing him a few times these past few weeks. Short walk. I cry. He counsels. He came to get his things more of the same. I know for my betterment and healing that i had to implement NC. I cannot be around him and not be with. And i'm starting to look and feel pathetic.

He stopped by yesterday to get the last of his things. NC begins. Hopefully I wont see him in the neighborhood as he moved two blocks away.

Today was hard. Not enough planned so left me with too much time for thinking. Note to self, must keep busy on the weekends and/or all time.

Day 1 again for me but it will last this time. After weeks of back and forth and after spending the day with her yesterday that concluded with her saying "I just want to come home" (to me), I have now blocked her from all forms of contact. She can't and won't leave her rebound relationship even though I pleaded with her to get out of the relationship that she admits that she rushed in to for the wrong reasons and just take time to be by herself healing. She agreed that she was going to do that the night before but last night she said that she "told him everything" but not they they broke up and she said that she just can't go back to me. So, it ended and I've made sure that no more breadcrumbs from her can slip by to where I can see them. A single text from her would bring the pain, loss and a desire to reconcile yet again and I just can't keep going through that.

Day 3....

And feeling pretty awesome!

The past few weeks I've finally taken him off the pedestal and have been able to focus on how badly he treated me, selfish, controlling, someone who told me what I couldn't wear and wouldn't let me out on nights out with friends!

Good luck to his new girlfriend, he's her problem now!