THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

two months ago, you said that i was the best thing in your life. and i said that i had never cared about anyone as much as i cared about you, and that scared me. and you said that was called being in a relationship.

now we haven't talked in 10 days and i still don't understand how i went from the best thing in your life to someone who's not even worth keeping in your life. and it kills me

Today is day 36 for me and I think this is going to be my last post in this thread.... at least for a while. Going no contact immediately was the best decision I made regarding this situation. I feel great and I am ready to move on with my life completely. I had a date with a new guy this previous weekend, Im not ready to be involved with anyone just yet, but it felt good to just go out with someone nice and fun. I am so thankful for this thread because I feel like it helped me out a lot through this journey in such a short period of time.

dear ex,

it has been just a few weeks since we ended things. now that emotions have simmered down and some time has past, i just want to tell you goodbye as we never got the chance to say it. I am not sure what i am expecting by texting you this, just know that i will always be there if you need someone to talk to, someone that will always listen to you, and help you if you need anything. Even if its you telling me how much everything was my fault. Because in reality, everything is my fault and i wish i could turn back time to undo what i've done, so we can go back to normal.

i wish you all the best, and want you to be happy in life. There are no hard feelings from me. And i hope there are none on your end. love, ex

Hello guys. Me and my ex-gf broke up 3 days ago but I still had to take some things from her place so we met again yesterday. And after a 3 hours talk that involved a lot of crying and hugging from both of us we both agreed that she's not over her ex and that she is going to talk to him to clear everything and get over him. Now I wanted to start NC and filled my day off with everything (from driving almost all day to get some things done to listening to music and talking to friends). Now I want desperetly to see her and hug/kiss her again and everything is so hard to focus on. I broke the NC tonight and I feel really bad about it. So I call this day 1 for me.

Hi everyone!

I haven't been here for a while but I wanted to give you all a quick update. 2 weeks ago I had decided to stop counting the days of no contact and totally let it go!

I m happy with my new boy although he drives me nuts at time but he treats me well.

Anyway story short. I got a message out of the blue from my ex!!! I didn't replied right away and replied the next day early morning. Thinking knowing him, he would be probably asleep.

He wrote me back immediately after. We exchanged few messages, laughed a little and that was it.

Honestly it took me a few days to stop thinking about the reason why he has decided to reach out to me like 5 month post break up!!!

So I decided to text him and to call him out on why he suddenly felt the need to text me.

Guess what he replied right away that he felt bad of how he ended things with me and that he was sorry.

So basically he just wanted to clear his conscious and maybe get a little ego boost.

That was it, he didn't mention picking up his cloths or meeting someday ...

I ve always said they always come back but not always for the reasons we want!

At the end of the day is for the better cos I didn't want him to pursue me while I m trying to build something new with my new boy!

Good luck everyone through this tough journey!

At the end we all will survive and move on!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been on here in ages. My break up was 6 months ago and it's been about 2 months since I last reached out to him. Over these 6 months he never once reached out to me first, but that was probably for the best. I have a new bf now who treats me way better than anyone else ever has and we get along so well. I made a group of friends in my town since moving that are just my favorite people. In general life is just really good right now. Hang in there, things get better

I just joined but today is day 7 of NC, 7 weeks since we broke up. It hasn't gotten any easier. He's still the first person I think about when I wake up each morning, I cry all the time, I just don't understand what happened. He broke up with me litterally a few hours after telling me he loved me and that I was his favourite person in the world.

7 day of break up, 2 day no contact

It is super hard. I keep thinking of calling him again and ask him what went wrong and if there is any chance we can work things out.

Long distance breakup is hard because you don't get to see them in person to say goodbye. It feels very incomplete that everything you had together ended in one phone call.

Broke NC so back to 0

It was his birthday this weekend and I had ordered few gifts before the breakup and it was just delivered so he messaged me thanking me for a nice surprise gift and wished me goodnight. So I replied back saying that I am happy he liked the gift and hope he has a great day.

Feeling like a crap, and I just want to call him. It's a terrible feeling. I just wake up thinking about him and hoping that he will call or text.

After today since his birthday is done and gift has been delivered there is no reason for him to text me to call, so I am afraid he won't. It is good for me, but still want to talk to him

Day 1

It was super hard. He was supposed to visit me today and we were going to spend one week together. I missed him a lot so my morning was spend mostly crying. I knew he was off today so was fighting hard not to call. I went for a walk instead of calling. I called my sister and friends and I cried instead of calling him and I cried.

The day is not done yet. I can't wait to get over today

Day 1 after the day 189.

Couldnt be worse. After feeling so good, after starting seeing someone else. I replied to his message.

Now I have to live with the fact that I was in denial for 189 days, I still love him.

I don't want to see the new guy ever again.

He closed the door on us forever because I was with someone else.

And I have to move on yet again, restart the process from scratch, knowing that this time it was my fault.

I broke my no contact today.

He messaged me to wish me lucky for my race today. And I was so happy I texted him back thanking him to help me train. He messaged me back again after my race again asking how did I do. I was debating whether to respond or not but eventually replied him back.

I am very happy he message me but it's temporary only. I feel horrible after because it makes me miss him even more. We were supposed to be running together, if he didn't break up with me last week.

Will have to restart from 0 again

Day 1 after the day 189.

Couldnt be worse. After feeling so good, after starting seeing someone else. I replied to his message.

Now I have to live with the fact that I was in denial for 189 days, I still love him.

I don't want to see the new guy ever again.

He closed the door on us forever because I was with someone else.

And I have to move on yet again, restart the process from scratch, knowing that this time it was my fault.

189 days is long time. Sorry you have to go through this again. I know it's very hard but stay strong. Lots of hugs.

I think I will try this as well, wish me luck

It's day 7 after the break up, day 2 since I sent him a goodbye letter, and day 6 since we haven't actually spoken. And day 1 of the challenge. I am hoping for reconciliation in a few months, because our break up was due to circumstance, not because we were fighting or didn't love each other anymore. Hopefully the circumstances will be right soon.

I think I will try this as well, wish me luck

It's day 7 after the break up, day 2 since I sent him a goodbye letter, and day 6 since we haven't actually spoken. And day 1 of the challenge. I am hoping for reconciliation in a few months, because our break up was due to circumstance, not because we were fighting or didn't love each other anymore. Hopefully the circumstances will be right soon.

Good luck. It's day 11 after break up, day 9 since I called him and posted his gift (bought it before break up and wanted it to have it anyway) and letter. Broke my NC today responding to his text. So restarting day 1 of the challenge tomorrow. I am planning to no NC for a month atleast. I have hope too for reconciliation because we didn't break up of fight. I still don't know the reason yet because he never gave me on except he still loves me but he hasn't been feeling happy and feels we are drifting apart. It was long distance relationship. Hopefully atleast after NC we both we will in better state of mind to discuss.

Good luck. It's day 11 after break up, day 9 since I called him and posted his gift (bought it before break up and wanted it to have it anyway) and letter. Broke my NC today responding to his text. So restarting day 1 of the challenge tomorrow. I am planning to no NC for a month atleast. I have hope too for reconciliation because we didn't break up of fight. I still don't know the reason yet because he never gave me on except he still loves me but he hasn't been feeling happy and feels we are drifting apart. It was long distance relationship. Hopefully atleast after NC we both we will in better state of mind to discuss.

Fingers crossed for you as well, we seem to be in the same boat (if not the same, at least quite similar).

Day 2 of NC, but I checked his profile on Facebook to see his face. Looking at him doesn't make me very sad, but thinking about what we had is what really breaks me. I am having lots of doubts about whether or not our love will make it through (we dated for 6 months, were friends before, now we have to be apart for either 4 months or 1,5 years) and whether there is hope for us on the other side. I know that I won't forget him and for both of us it was terrible breaking up, but it was the lesser of two evils, so... Hopefully NC will clear out our heads and I'm hoping afterwards we will be able to talk and maybe even pick up where we left off with less expectations, less stress and more of what made us great for each other.

Got text from him again last time. Saying how proud he is of me for my commitment and finishing half marathon etc.

I am trying to resist to text him back. I want to do NC but at the same time I want to respond.

Fingers crossed for you as well, we seem to be in the same boat (if not the same, at least quite similar).

Day 2 of NC, but I checked his profile on Facebook to see his face. Looking at him doesn't make me very sad, but thinking about what we had is what really breaks me. I am having lots of doubts about whether or not our love will make it through (we dated for 6 months, were friends before, now we have to be apart for either 4 months or 1,5 years) and whether there is hope for us on the other side. I know that I won't forget him and for both of us it was terrible breaking up, but it was the lesser of two evils, so... Hopefully NC will clear out our heads and I'm hoping afterwards we will be able to talk and maybe even pick up where we left off with less expectations, less stress and more of what made us great for each other.

Thank you. I have my fingers crosses too. But I keep breaking my NC. He has been texting me and I am to weak not to text him back. He messaged me last night too so I am trying not too. I am afraid if I don't text him back then we will eventually loose contact.

I totally understand what you mean. I also check his Facebook and doesn't hurt when I see him but thinking of all the memories we had together really hurts. I hope you make it through and after NC both of you can have clear thoughts and can discuss it together.

For me, he broke up all of sudden without giving me any reason after dating almost 2 years. He said he needs time and space from me for now to decide whether he wants to meet but doesn't want me to wait. He still love me but hasn't been happy and thinks I deserve better. He did say he is sure about breakup because he think it's not going to work out. But I really hope after giving him sometime he will comeback or atleast he has his mind clear and can have real talk about why he broke up.

I didn't post when I started NC but I guess I'm restarting today. I checked her snapchat last night saw she was with her new guy. She later deleted them, maybe for once she knew it's not something I want to see. at least she cares enough for that. not enough to keep her in my life, though.

still missing a friend, a support structure. studying is still difficult - I'm lacking that positive emotion, that energy, that motivation I had with her keeping me motivated.