THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 5,

I felt strong urges to txt or call her up to hang out tonight. I've been laying around all day procrastinating and I just want to have some fun! Luckily I have been fighting the thoughts the best I can and hopefully won't cave by the end of the weekend. Weekends, mornings and evenings are tough without your lover girl. Deep down I miss her extremely but remembering that it wasn't all good times helps. Knowing that she hasn't contacted me and seems indifferent to us also helps... blah. No contact woot!

Ah, that's where I've learned a lesson. If they call, you DO NOT pick up. I know it's so exciting/tempting, but when you pick up after 1/2 a ring they know that they still have you by the throat. Call back later. A couple hours at least. Heck maybe even the next day. Let them know that you are just as important and busy as they think they are.

Day 0

So. Guy I was seeing went MIA on me 6 weeks ago. I didn't know why, and kept trying to contact him anyway. I got my answer after finally blowing up his phone seeking one tonight.

"you want to know the truth? You freak me out with your nonstop texting. All day every * * * * ing day. Now leave me the * * * * alone."

Of course, I replied "All you had to say was 'give me space' a month ago- & id have done it. Why is it only MY fault? If youd told me how you felt about the txting- it wouldnt have blown into a huge thing. Id been 'ok. cool.' "

I got nothing. No response. No hope. So now he can have all the space he wants. At least HE'LL be happy now.

I'm gonna roll into bed and cry now.

Day 10 of NC. The real challenge starts tomorrow when he comes back form his trip.

Today was a really bad day in the morning, but things did get better. I now accept that the feelings come and go in waves and I just have to deal with it. I am going for a run. Take care guys. =)

We will get better.

2 weeks... I think? I kinda stopped counting and just started to have fun again. Everything is moving on pretty well, its only the time right before bed and on certain nights that she creeps into my mind, I wont call her I'm over that, I still wish things could've played out differently but I know and I'm understanding that the timing just wasnt right it would've played out this way just in a month..a year..sometime down the road, The only inkling I have to contact her is tell her I forgive her, that im not bitter about her being with someone else so quickly, I cant force her into a relationship and nor would I, but like I said I feel like things should've been different, kinda sucks sometimes to have her completely out of my life, but I know its for the best, and I dont need any setbacks in finding someone for me..

like the song goes, "theres gotta be somebody for me out there"

Day 14, whatever.

Starting to have people tell me how good I look since I've dropped a good 25 pounds. I can only imagine the look on her face when she sees me, if she ever decides to be an adult and have a conversation about all this.

Eat your heart out...you already had mine.

Day 0, again.

Like an idiot, i tried to apologize. Cuz I know what I did last night was really immature. I called, left a voicemail. Then sent a txt around 7pm, saying "if you're willing one day, I'd be ok w/talking, forgiving, mending, etc. I can make you a promise, to respect your space from now on. I just wish we could fix it. I'm so sorry."

I got back:

"Seriously. Its way past that. You need to forget me and move the * * * * on. And leave me the * * * * alone. No more texts or apologies. Understand. And that's rhetorical. Don't * * * * ing text me or call me again!"

I'm kinda numb. I don't understand how someone who was so sweet to my face, could now act so hatefully toward me. And over something so stupid and petty. I'm crying so much. But at the same time trying to take this as proof that he was never the man I thought he was.

Day 9

i feel a sense of victory i can hold out this long. i am still very pissed at him and don't have any urge to talk to him. i am sure i can hold like this forever. last night i saw him on msn ( i signed in as invisible), i almost login to see if he would talk to me. phew! i logged off instead. i am so glad i didn't login, if he ignored me he would be winning. as long as i don't contact him, i feel in control, i don't feel rejected. i still love him but hate him too.

Day 7. One week. I got my ad meds doubled the other day, and sadly, I think it's working... I don't know what to think at this point. I started eating right again last week. I'm counting calories now, making sure I get around 3k each day. Its pathetic this is what it's come to, but it seems to work.

I'm trying as hard as I possibly can to be that perfect man she always wanted. Gain a few lbs, be a little more outgoing, lose the temper. I think now it's pretty much out of spite though...

Day 21

Feeling a lot better lately. Metting new people, getting my life together, and overall everything seems to be working out. Suprising how much I'm different from day 1, I guess that's what time does to you though.

What's funny is that I'll probably thank my ex for dumping me, so far it's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm over her

Day something or the other, haven't been in contact since July....

I had to change my cell phone number again. I stupidly thought I'd text him to let him know I got the check he sent for money he owed me. I wanted to make sure his bank account had the money so I didn't overdraw him because it had been a few weeks since he sent the check and he doesn't have much money. Strictly business and no plans to chat. I was being nice when I shouldn't of. Well, weeks later he starts sending random texts. I am not interested in talking to him so I blocked him. He found a way to go around my block and texts me again multiple times, all the while I am not responding.

I can't believe he bypassed my block. Multiple times. For random stuff I never answered. Never again.

Day 1, going good so far.

My mood keeps going from numb, to angry, to sad. I'm still in disbelief that he's being so angry and hateful. Took my apology, and threw it back in my face.

Funny, cuz when I tried to apologize yesterday, I said one of the reasons I liked him was because he was the most happy, positive guy I'd ever met. Seriously, I didn't get to know him for that long, but every time we talked, he never seemed to have anything negative to say about anyone, or anything. It actually made me want to to be a better person myself, since I'm the type who tends to dwell on problems.

But now, it seems like he's quite eager to hurt me. Friends told me to delete his number, but instead I changed the listing to "DO NOT ANSWER". Cuz I get the feeling he might actually try to call in a few months, when he calms down. In my exp. assholes tend to do that- not because they actually care about the dumpee's feelings, but because they just want to relieve their own guilt. Screw him, he doesn't get that from me.

Day 2

angry that he can get along just fine....and is doing the right thing and ignoring me, and not contacting. I guess it's ok- otherwise we would be right back to the cycle. I guess someone has to be strong. Day 2???? I started this about a week ago. amazing.

I hope at 30 days- I feel the difference. I really hope....

But now, it seems like he's quite eager to hurt me. Friends told me to delete his number, but instead I changed the listing to "DO NOT ANSWER". Cuz I get the feeling he might actually try to call in a few months, when he calms down. In my exp. assholes tend to do that- not because they actually care about the dumpee's feelings, but because they just want to relieve their own guilt. Screw him, he doesn't get that from me.

If you have verizon- (maybe even with other providers) you can block numbers for free- he can't get through to your phone. Crazy as it sounds....I was told if you know your weakness- and can do something to avoid it, do it. (meaning blocking him, etc.) Then you don't dwell on whether he is or is not contacting you. Because if you think he will...you are holding onto him, and he doesn't, it will drive you mad. You also can't text out to him.... Worked wonders for me.

havent posted for a little while but still thinking of her everyday, 2 months and a half of no contact. started texting someone new but sometimes in my mind i think im texting the ex. i still cant believe its been nearly 3 months, still randomly cry at times and still keep her hairband close to me. i always hoped she'd come back for me but its now looking like its never going to happen and ive become a distant memory. i want to tell her how much i miss her but i know that i mean nothing to her. all ive ever wanted was a chance, i always try my hardest for someone but its never what they want. if only everything had of gone right and i was who she wanted to be with, i would of made so much effort for her, travelled up to see her whenever i could and be there for her always. i still cant let go even trying to do other things still brings my mind back to her, i hate knowing that i mean absolutely nothing. just to hear her say "i still think of you" at least would make me think im not someone who she couldnt wait to get away from.

Well today's the day. Here we are. Day 8. FFFUUUCCCKKK.

Sorry for the language, but it's really the only expression that's appropriate. I found out today, through facebook again (absolutely gutless) that she's in a new relationshop. With a predator that snuck right in as soon as I was out the door. I don't know what to think at this point. I'm pretty numb, and honestly, I hope it stays that way. I'm sick of breaking down and being on an emotional rollercoater.

All the more motivation to be the fittest, sexiest, most determined that I have ever been in my entire life. What's a little competition right? I hope she comes crawling back just so justice will have it's way.

Could really use your guys' encouragement - now more than ever.

Well today's the day. Here we are. Day 8. FFFUUUCCCKKK.

Sorry for the language, but it's really the only expression that's appropriate. I found out today, through facebook again (absolutely gutless) that she's in a new relationshop. With a predator that snuck right in as soon as I was out the door. I don't know what to think at this point. I'm pretty numb, and honestly, I hope it stays that way. I'm sick of breaking down and being on an emotional rollercoater.

All the more motivation to be the fittest, sexiest, most determined that I have ever been in my entire life. What's a little competition right? I hope she comes crawling back just so justice will have it's way.

Could really use your guys' encouragement - now more than ever.

My advice would be to delete her from facebook. If she wants to contact you, then she'll find a way. Looking at her page is only going to make the hurt last longer.

Honestly, at this point, I don't think it matters. I know she still thinks about me, and is BEGGING for my attention. Between some angry texts that I didn't respond to, some petty facebook stuff that I ignored, she wants a reaction.

When I first started going out with her, her ex did exactly that. Tried to put her down, yelled, told her how he was so much better. And from my standpoint, it felt SO good. Kinda like a big F-you to him. Well forget that, I'm not going to give him, or her that satisfaction. If she is still thinking of me, her mind can eat itself.

I like to think I have the upper hand now. Time to get my life back on track, and be THAT guy she wanted, and then some. I'll take some a supersize motivation and my dignity to go please.