THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Hey guys,

I'm incredibly sleep deprived right now, but I just wanted to make a post to reassure any new NCers, it's absolutely the best decision you will make for the sake of your mental and emotional health.

I've been NC for, geez, about 6 or 7 months now. It was hard. REAL hard. But it gets easier every day, and that's not an exaggeration. I'm actually thinking about starting a thread to relate my findings from doing NC. I've come a long way towards re-contextualizing the relationship I had, and the relationship I want to have.

But basically, I just wanted to say be strong. NC is a test; it's a test of your discipline, and it's a test of your feelings. It's a test you absolutely need to take, if you want to be sure that what you're feeling is real, and it's a test you absolutely need to PASS if you want to actually be able to get what you want out of your situation. You're going to need a lot of patience and discipline to make it work, and the first step toward that is NC. Take your life into your own hands, and make it what you want it to be.

Anyways, so I'm rambling. It's the sleep deprivation. But lame though it may be, I'll quote a line from a Decemberists' song:

The wanting comes in waves.

Remember this in your times of weakness. NC gets easier over time, but now and again you're going to be hit with that desperate need, and your will is gonna be pushed. When that happens, remember that it will pass, and that it's normal, and that it'll be easier again once you get through it.

Be strong, people.

I'm going to bed now. Hahaha.

2 months plus some days my mind is so inquisitive about what she is doing, i cant help but wonder if she ever thinks of me like she said she would. i feel like total nothing to her. i set up another internet profile but i dont think its a good idea, i dont feel ready at all im just doing it purely for a confidence boost since ive had it hammered. i dont know why i cant let go, she just meant so much to me. id give anything to have it all back.

2 months plus some days my mind is so inquisitive about what she is doing, i cant help but wonder if she ever thinks of me like she said she would. i feel like total nothing to her. i set up another internet profile but i dont think its a good idea, i dont feel ready at all im just doing it purely for a confidence boost since ive had it hammered. i dont know why i cant let go, she just meant so much to me. id give anything to have it all back.

Hey buddy sorry you are having one of those days. Questining whether you made the right decision or did not do something, everyone is going through this, I think. As I recall your ex jumped into a relationship shortly after the break so NC was certainly the right decision. Man you gatta go at yourown pace, don't want to be done with it, don't. It is all up to you at this point. Personally, I did not know how much she meant to me until I lost it all about 3 months ago. So you are not along at that dude. My world and my confidence went down with it, only now I am scraping myself off the ground. Keep it up man, cheers.

Hey guys, just thought I would get your opinion. Saw my ex a couple days ago at a bar, she was focused on texting or something and I decided to walk by. Thing is she is about 1000 km away and I was on business at that city. I know she did not see me, should I have said hi or it doesn't matter if she never saw me.

Hey guys, just thought I would get your opinion. Saw my ex a couple days ago at a bar, she was focused on texting or something and I decided to walk by. Thing is she is about 1000 km away and I was on business at that city. I know she did not see me, should I have said hi or it doesn't matter if she never saw me.

If you're trying to be NC, then no, it's fine you didn't stop. Esp. if she didn't see you.

dont change classes based on him, it will be very tough, but you need to put on a smile and go about as if he isn't even there. Theres nothing that they hate most is to see us laughing and smiling without them, especially when were so "heart broken and depressed", and ex told me that she saw me out after we broke up and I completely ignored her and looked like I was having the time of my life, that she cried later that night. It was not my intent but it was nice to know.

Day 6 - I feel ok this morning.

I am still avoiding going anywhere he might be or drive past or whatever, I am not ready for that just yet. Wonder if he has thought about me like i have been thinking about him. I begged him to stop contacting me cause i thought it was for the best, might help me heal faster, but i miss him so much

Day 23. Found out (pretty sure anyway) that she's with someone else. It has definitely helped me cut the last chord and head out on the final road to recovery!

thats my biggest fear i cannot no if she is with someone else i just do not want to know, i think that would break me up even more right now. but all the best to you

Day 3, after breaking it saturday morning. Someone I spoke to who is close to her explained what they thought went wrong, so I offered my apology. I was assured that I did nothing, blah blah...still needs time.

Proceeding with a **** it attitude, because there isn't a single thing I can do about it. I plan on dropping the rest of my weight by the new year, if I hear from her great...she's going to have some explaining to do. If not, whatever...it's her loss.

Day 7

Everything is getting a lot better. I've been out of touch with my ex for two weeks already, and I am really suprised that she hasn't contacted me. I did break NC last week because of her deleting me from facebook (and sending a nasty hate letter, telling me how she never was happy etc, etc...) So I sent her a text saying that I was suprised that she could be so cold, and how I thought she was different, but I realize now that I was wrong.

And what's great is how much you realize was wrong with your ex once its over, and how little they truly cared (despite what they said). I forgave mine for cheating on me (Lol @ that, she ended up doing it again). And then getting dumped for her other lover (lolx2).

At first it hurt because I truly loved her, but then, I just stopped caring. If she truly loved me, then she couldn't (Or damn wouldn't of) done what she did. I'm happier now more than ever that she's gone, and I'm moving on!