Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My weight-loss journey - Getting back on track....

annie24

last week's weight: 161.6 lbs

today's weight: 158.6

lost: 3 lbs

ok, so i was really surprised by this!!! actually, 1 lb of that loss was that i didn't weigh in wearing jeans this time, so i really lost 2 lbs. but still!!! surprising! i only tracked for the first 4 days of the week... then i kind of fell off. things were so crazy and hectic.... and i've been snacking a bit too much. i ate an entire package of dried mango slices in one sitting. i love that stuff so much. so, yeah, i feel energized and really happy and motivated about this. I paid my $12 again, and plan to keep doing so until i am under my goal weight again.

today's meeting was "Lessons from the grid iron: the football connection" (using football as a metaphor for weight loss. this was the handout we got

Great job Annie! Looks like you finally got your groove back! Good luck on keeping that motivation going until you reach your goal.

I really really want to do weightwatchers to lose some flab after I graduate. Do you know how it works if you're already at a healthy weight? Can you still get access to recipes/points?

Have you tried zumba? I've taken some classes and it's fun! Fairly intense too, lots of calories to be burned.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job Annie! Looks like you finally got your groove back! Good luck on keeping that motivation going until you reach your goal.

I really really want to do weightwatchers to lose some flab after I graduate. Do you know how it works if you're already at a healthy weight? Can you still get access to recipes/points?

Have you tried zumba? I've taken some classes and it's fun! Fairly intense too, lots of calories to be burned.

I think you have to be at a certain weight to join weight watchers. I know when i was about 30 lbs heavier i was just at the border of being allowed to join...i think if you go on their website you can get more information regarding that. You can also join their online program and then you will have access to all the resources including recipes etc...

I think you have to be at a certain weight to join weight watchers. I know when i was about 30 lbs heavier i was just at the border of being allowed to join...i think if you go on their website you can get more information regarding that. You can also join their online program and then you will have access to all the resources including recipes etc...

Yeah I think you need to be above BMI 25. I would just like to put myself on a point system to manage my eating! I'll check out online.

link removed

here's a website for you. try it out.

my 'weight watchers' goal weight is 152. if i am above 154, i have to pay to attend the meeting. so, i'm 4.6 lbs away from getting to go to meetings free again. (and hopefully will fit into my favorite express jeans again!!!!)

This website says my BMI is 21 but i should lose 8 lbs??!! what??!?! lol

This website says my BMI is 21 but i should lose 8 lbs??!! what??!?! lol

Do you mean the people's choice? Those I think are all pretty low - the weight people think is ideal. Pretty interesting actually to compare with the other medical calculators, all of which were higher than the "ideal" people's choice weights.

Do you mean the people's choice? Those I think are all pretty low - the weight people think is ideal. Pretty interesting actually to compare with the other medical calculators, all of which were higher than the "ideal" people's choice weights.

ahh i see yes...i get it now...ok i am all good hehe

I always say I want to be 130 lbs..but muscle weighs more than fat and i don't think i can get down to that...

ahh i see yes...i get it now...ok i am all good hehe

I always say I want to be 130 lbs..but muscle weighs more than fat and i don't think i can get down to that...

Are you quite tall?

When I think of the way I think about weight, I find myself so sad and pathetic ... I'm smart, and soon to be well educated, have plenty of things going on, and yet of my "dreams" is to be weigh about 15 pound less than I do. Just thought of that looking at the "ideal" weight - how much time I spend wishing I were thinner, even though I don't want to put in the effort (or the pain) to really be that thin. I know it's silly but it's hard to get away from that kind of thinking when you're surrounded with a bunch of dieting girls.

Are you quite tall?

When I think of the way I think about weight, I find myself so sad and pathetic ... I'm smart, and soon to be well educated, have plenty of things going on, and yet of my "dreams" is to be weigh about 15 pound less than I do. Just thought of that looking at the "ideal" weight - how much time I spend wishing I were thinner, even though I don't want to put in the effort (or the pain) to really be that thin. I know it's silly but it's hard to get away from that kind of thinking when you're surrounded with a bunch of dieting girls.

I am 5'7"...I am pretty happy with my body these days, mostly b/c i am putting the work in. I walk as much as possible and I do yoga and a weight routine pretty much everyday. I also try and do some other cardio during the week. I eat healthy b/c it makes me feel better, more energy, powerful and accomplished. I go through low points, mostly in tandem with my cycle. I see super skinny girls and always have that envy to be like them but I realized a while ago that will never be me. I don't have the frame for it so I went the J Lo way. I work out and I like my athletic and toned body...

if you ever need some tips/encouragement etc let me know!

I am 5'7"...I am pretty happy with my body these days, mostly b/c i am putting the work in. I walk as much as possible and I do yoga and a weight routine pretty much everyday. I also try and do some other cardio during the week. I eat healthy b/c it makes me feel better, more energy, powerful and accomplished. I go through low points, mostly in tandem with my cycle. I see super skinny girls and always have that envy to be like them but I realized a while ago that will never be me. I don't have the frame for it so I went the J Lo way. I work out and I like my athletic and toned body...

if you ever need some tips/encouragement etc let me know!

That sounds really healthy! Good for you!

I'm allright. I have a lot of problems with emotional eating, and go through depressive phases where I find it hard to get out of bed, let alone go to the gym. So I get on health kicks, and then get off them real fast!

I think once I graduate things will be better. I'm looking forward to being able to cook my own meals (which is something I LOVE to do), and also being a lot less stressed (university has not been my friend).

I definitely might take up the offer for tips/encouragement though.

Sorry for the hijacking Annie. I hope you have a great week, on the weight loss front and in general!

you can access weight watchers online for about $12 a month. i think that you can still sign up for weight watchers as long as you are 5 lbs over your minimum weight. though i'm not sure. but i guess if you are signing up online, you can just type in whatever weight you want!!! you have access to the points calculators, journals, and like over 16,000 recipes, and you can do searches for recipes by ingredients, points, difficulty, etc..... it's very cool. i don't subscribe to it right now, because i already have so many cookbooks!

never tried zumba, but have heard great things about it!

so, interestingly, my people's choice weight is 141. which is actually higher than i'd like to be! my goal is 135-140. weight watchers suggests 132-164. other sites suggest between 125-164.

at my lowest weight a few months ago, i was 146. i was sooooo close!!!! sigh. now at 158.... need to creep down there again....

sigh, thanks. been a bit rough. i had a party last night, and been eating too many leftovers. although i made a lot of low-fat foods, i've been really overeating on it. yikes. and i've been sick the last few days, unable to move, my back got hurt or something, so i've barely been able to roll over in bed, much less workout. really strange. i feel a bit better today though.

back on track...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey annie...how is it going? You haven't posted for awhile!!

The food choices are getting hard for me. I made some cookies for the aides at school that clean my room...and ate a lot of them. They were SO good. One person I gave one to said it was the best thing she had eaten in a really long time. And my gym had a potato latke night...so I had two on my way out after a workout. Oy! But there was a christmas cookie exchange and work and I completely avoided it. I didn't even eat the extras that people brought to share with those that didn't participate. Well I ate one because the woman I share an office with gave me one. This time of year is so hard!

ok - time for an update...... i'll try to get to weight watchers tomorrow. i've been really busy, in and out of town a lot - combined with crazy snow, haven't been to WW in a few weeks. food choices HAVE been hard. i am pretty good when it comes to buying my own food, but if i see free food at a party - yikes! i went to KFC a few days ago and had one of their meals, and boy was that a bad decision - my stomach was NOT happy about it at all! that will teach me.....

i'm leaving for xmas break soon, so haven't been filling up my fridge with good stuff, just trying to eat whatever i have around. i made some chili last night in my slow cooker, with whatever i had lying around. we'll see how that turns out.

my panties feel a little tight. bad sign.... some of the recent photos of me - my face looks a bit fuller, so yeah, i think it's time..... need to be back on track.... but it is so hard!

It doesn't sound like you've totally fallen off the wagon. It's just hard to make those good choices when life gets in the way. I bet once you get back from xmas break, it'll be a new start for you. You can stock up on healthy foods again and get back to meetings. Maybe order some new exercise DVDs to get you motivated.

I have like NO food to eat and it's too bad out to travel (snow day today!!)...I have a feeling that I won't be making the healthiest choices today haha. All I have is like falafel mix and that is not healthy!

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone - happy new year!!!

well - here i am. have been a bit slacking, but determined to get back on track. am too afraid to step on a scale. i got back in late last night from visiting family, so i didn't go to WW this morning. have i gained or lost? dunno. my jeans i wore at my skinniest don't fit. but i also have some hopeful signs! my cousin and i both bought the same shirt, in the same size, and we both fit it. well, the shirt is looser on my cousin than it is on me (and I also have very large breasts while she doesn't.) but, we both fit the same size, so that makes me hopeful!!!

today, i'm off to the grocery store to restock my empty fridge!!!! i'm going back to the melt-down diet from link removed. going to go get some healthy high fiber, low fat foods.

we went yesterday to a really fabulous french pastry shop. it was the most amazing thing ever. it reminds me not to eat sub-standard sweets. the calories are worth it for the really really good things. not the only 'ok' sweets.

Good luck with this, Annie. I really enjoy reading this thread, and I have just joined weightwatchers monthly scheme here (UK); my commitment is to go to a w/w class every week for the entire year, and lose weight very slowly and sensibly. I'm a bit nervous about it, but my memory of w/w was that it was really sensible. I want to lose about a pound a week, and as I said, take it very slowly over 2009.

Congratulations on how well you've done, and i'm sure that you're going to hit your groove again - and I agree with you about fancy french pasties; eat small quantities of fabulously indulgent treats, rather than chowing down huge buckets of 'low fat' gloop! (That' what I'm telling myself, anyway...!))

Happy New Year!!! Yay about the shirt! That is a good sign I should look at that melt-down diet and see if I can follow it. I have got to stop eating so much processed food. Actually annie, I think you should just come here and teach me how to cook haha.

The good news is that according to my parents scale I lost a couple more pounds. I weighed myself every day I was there (I only do that when I go to their place). I was 122, 121.5, 120, 19.5, 120. But I also got sick Thursday night, so that could have accounted for it. I apparently ate way too much greasy food (aka too many latkes) and ended up throwing up. I guess my stomach just isn't used to it anymore. The good thing is, that is now a HUGE deterrent for me when it comes to greasy food haha.

Archived