Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My weight-loss journey - Getting back on track....

annie24

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's true. the sandwich had turkey, bacon, cheese, bread, and chipotle mayo. for some reason, at the time, i thought i was making a healthy choice (of the choice of half-sandwiches) but now that i think about it and look at the menu, the roast beef would have been better. yeah, the cheese and the bacon have a lot of fat, as does the chipotle mayo. but i like eating a bit of spice, and it went well with the black bean soup.

mcdonalds - everything in there has sugar, except for the fries. actually, surprisingly, having an egg mcmuffin isn't that bad of a choice.

Annie...do you eat out alot? I notice you mention going out a lot for drinks and for dinners. Not that this matters, but I know for me limiting my eating out keeps me from

"splurging". I saw a news story where they were discussing weight loss and reported that

people who eat out in groups are much more likely to overeat because they feel more obligated....just a thought..

I also checked out the WW Online site. Still haven't decided to join, but considering it.

I also read in Fitness I think that when you eat out with others, your defenses are down and you're more likely to make unhealthier choices and overeat. Like normally if I eat at home, I only have healthy options so I do better. But last night I go out to dinner with the intention or ordering healthy. But then I got a beer. Which led to eating a burger and fries. I mean you can't order a beer and have it with salad! That would just taste weird haha. And it was sooooo good, but I immediately felt guilty.

Annie...do you eat out alot? I notice you mention going out a lot for drinks and for dinners. Not that this matters, but I know for me limiting my eating out keeps me from

"splurging". I saw a news story where they were discussing weight loss and reported that

people who eat out in groups are much more likely to overeat because they feel more obligated....just a thought..

I also checked out the WW Online site. Still haven't decided to join, but considering it.

you know, typically i don't, and i try to eat at home as much as i can.... but now it's summer, everything is nice out, and it's so hard when someone says, 'let's go to the lake and get some drinks!' or whatever. especially with my stupid boy drama lately, i know i should get out of the house and socialize, and not be like, 'no, i need to do some work and eat some salad.' yeah, and it is hard, when you have a beer, to order something very light. because, yeah, your guard is down. i could be more strict when i eat at home, but that's hard too....

and then my boss bought us pizza this week, ice cream last week.....

I know..I hear you guys!!!! LOL I am thinking I need to just stick to tuna, chicken, fish and veggies. Go "balls to the wall' and just be really strict. I DO have willpower when I need to, but I guess it just hasn't gotten bad enough for me to be disgusted with myself. Ugh. I just ordered this really cute pencil skirt from Victorias Secret..just hoping it fits nice!!!!!!

yeah... it is hard!!! i started a stretching DVD, but then i just decided i wasn't in the mood. sigh. it is hard to get back in the swing of things. tomorrow i get the dog, so it will be fun walking him, i'm excited. he's a small dog though, so he doesn't need insanely long walks.

i just had my new favorite snack. Fage 0% yogurt (it's a strained greek yogurt), strawberries and brown sugar. i like it, so creamy!

I was off today Annie, so I walked on my treadmill on an incline for 30 minutes. I walked yesterday too, and went for a bike ride late in the afternoon. Even if I only ride 4-5 miles a day, it will help. I REFUSE to live my life without wearing shorts!!!! Gotta get these gams in SHAPE!!!!! lol

Unfortunately, due to genetics there is no amount of exercise that will allow my legs to be suitable for shorts lol. Short of plastic surgery, there's nothing I can do.

What does greek yogurt taste like? I keep hearing how healthy it is, but I'm afraid I won't like it. Does it taste like regular yogurt?

I have cankles...so I only wear bermudas when it's really hot out and I can't stand to wear pants. Even regular shorts, I can't do it. I have that baby fat on the side of my knee, it won't go away! It's frustrating cause my legs are so freaking strong and I do cardio, and it stays put.

ok, i made some new WW recipe tonight. it's delicious!!!!

this was really delicious. my grocery store didn't have shallots, so i used 5 cloves of garlic instead (someone kiss me, lol!) i had stewed tomatoes, so i used that, and i pureed the sauce. it's really really good!!!! it's something i would make for company.

Unfortunately, due to genetics there is no amount of exercise that will allow my legs to be suitable for shorts lol. Short of plastic surgery, there's nothing I can do.

What does greek yogurt taste like? I keep hearing how healthy it is, but I'm afraid I won't like it. Does it taste like regular yogurt?

i like greek yogurt. i think it's creamier than normal yogurt. i looooove creamy, so it kind of 'hits the spot' for me.

• 2 weeks later...

ulk, not a fun update but here goes:

today's weight: 171.4 lbs

eeek. eek. slowly creeping up. having pizza and apple turnovers at work this week didn't help. one of our coworkers is going to china for the summer, so we had some 'going away' food for him, seeing as how he probably won't be eating pizza and apple turnovers there!! sigh. this is not fun. i definitely see the weight on me now. it's annoying.

my biggest mistakes have been 1 - not tracking my food, and 2 - not exercising enough. i need to like, post here every day.

i bought a pedometer at the WW meeting this morning. i've walked 12,984 steps so far today. yay. they say you should get at least 10,000 steps a day. so, i am on my way there!

i would like to be down to 158 before i go to france this summer..... let's see if i can get there. am going to do an exercise DVD tonight.

Cleaning Grout.

so, yesterday's topic at the weight watchers meeting was losing weight on a budget. they recommended all sorts of activities that were cheaper, like instead of taking expensive spinning classes, ride your bike. instead of hiring a cleaner, do your housework yourself. that sort of thing. and then the topic of grout cleaning came up. it's been bugging me for a while, i have light colored grout in my bathroom which has turned grey over the last few years. they had some really good suggestions - including taking a toothbrush and scrubbing it with dish soap. i just tried it, it really cleaned up my grout!!! i bet i got some activity points out of it too, lol.

so far so good. have been using the pedometer, have been over 10,000 steps each day. yesterday was 19,000 (not including dance class!) i am sore today. i've done well this week with staying on plan. though the donuts were calling my name today, i managed to walk by them and only get coffee. sigh. hopefully the scale will be kind to me on saturday!

hundreds of dollars? gosh, maybe i'll just estimate, lol. WW's activity points system is based on how long it takes you to break a sweat. 3-5 minutes for intense exercise, 10 minutes for moderate, and no sweating for low intensity. if i'm just walking, i usually count that as low intensity. i count dance class as medium intensity, but honestly, we go through lots of different levels, from stretching, to lots of drilling where i have sweat running down my face.

link removed

i love the pouches, they rock!!! 80 calories, 0.5 g fat, 1 gram of fiber, 1 point. for dinner, i had a salad made with lettuce, carrots, cabbage, cherry tomatoes, onion, corn, green beans, 1 packet of tuna, and then salt, pepper, 1 tbsp olive oil, and lots of red wine vinegar.

Archived