Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My weight-loss journey - Getting back on track....

annie24

I made toasted chickpeas last night. I'm eating them for lunch because I ran out of food to make sandwiches with and I was too lazy to go to the grocery store haha. But they are sooo good and I figure it's packed with protein so it's a decent lunch. Makes a healthy snack too.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't go to weight watchers this morning as i have to be at work all day, and needed to get here early too. but still following the plan. have been wearing my pedometer, i usually hit 10,000 steps by 1 PM everyday, lol.

i had a really long and frustrating day at work yesterday, and when i came home, i got a birthday package in the mail from one of my family members (my birthday is next week!) so i opened it and it was filled with chocolate, and i ate like, oh gosh 10 or so truffles. emotional eating, sigh. i have to say, some of the chocolates were only mediocre, i should just bring them into work and leave them there. if i'm going to eat 10 truffles, it should be only the very best, right?

apart from that, my eating last week was pretty good. time was tight, didn't have a lot of time to cook, so i brought a lot of lean cuisine meals, light yogurt, a piece of fruit, and a diet coke. that's my typical lunch. those "Soup at Hands" from campbell's are pretty good too.

my jeans feel a little looser in the butt/thigh region. but we'll see if that translates to the scale...... i should hit the university gym hard this summer while all the undergrads are gone.....

Weight 2 weeks ago: 171.4 lbs

Today's weight: 167.2 lbs

Lost: 3.6 lbs

so, yay. i am happy about that. not bad considering it was my birthday, i got lots of birthday chocolates and birthday foods. the meeting went well today, it was about planning, and how planning can help us. things like chopping up vegetables right away and putting them in the fridge, so you can have a convient snack, instead of reaching for that cookie.

i brought in for 'show and tell' these Green Giant Just for One microwave vegetables. it's really convient and yummy. 60 calories, 3 g fiber for a small tray of seasoned vegetables. it's good for on the go, low in points and tasty.

I know I have said this before and you all probably know too, but I just wanted to remind myself and you... It really helps me to think about what I can and should eat instead of dwelling about what I can't. Counting fruits and vegetables I eat during the day really motivates me. I feel so much better, it's healthy, it makes me eat less of other things and I can see results not only in terms of lbs but also my skin, my energy etc.

For breakfast I made eggs with a lot of green onions. I had some cheese and a tomato. So already I have 2 portions of veggies. And only one thin slice of bread. Yeay.

good lord, this weekend. first off, no ww meeting because of the 4th. then, went to a bbq and went into a food coma. then yesterday, a friend's birthday dinner. i had the salad with low fat dressing (good choice), and then the chocolate chip canolli. erm, not so good.

tonight am going to 2 dance classes, will hopefully burn the fat off!

Don't worry, I had ordered chicken plate thinking it was a relatively safe choice. (I need to be careful about my choices during pregnancy for medical reason)

The chicken comes out drenched and dipped in chocolate! It was the weirdest chicken experience ever. I ate it nonetheless with a freezee after that.

Good thing my Dr. wasn't there.

did you eat Mole at a mexican restaurant or something???

anwyays...... i was out with a friend of mine, and as i was ordering a diet coke at Cosi, she stopped me.... 'it's so bad for you, it causes weight gain, etc.....!!!' i ordered a water to appease her. she told me, a lot of stuff i've actually heard before here and there, that fake sugars interfere with your metabolism. because your body tastes sweet and expects carbohydrates, but doesn't get them. she may have a point. she showed me some articles. i have take 2 years of biochemistry, so i do know a decent amount about human metabolism. all the studies say it's safe, however, she may have a point about it interfering with fat loss. she is very slender. and she notices that i eat healthy overall, and still struggle.

so, i told her for the next month, i'll cut out diet coke, along with any other aspartame. i think i have a few more yogurts at home (yoplait light) with aspartame in it. but, i'll cut it out and see what happens. i had a water today with lunch (jamaican jerked chicken with red beans and rice).

I think she's right, I've heard that somewhere as well. I have a glass of lactaid chocolate milk in the morning for calcium, but other than that I try to only drink water. You can get flavored water if that makes it any easier for you. Not sure if they'd have that same sugar though.

some brands are just carbonated and flavored, like Karblum, i think it's called. yeah, i notice i have a lot of thin friends who never touch diet drinks.

Hummm I've recently over the past few months become more of a diet coke drinker because I prefer it to the english version of coca cola, i'm really pedantic, i prefer french coca cola to diet coke because the french coca cola has an ingredient taken out of it because it's banned in France so it tastes nicer to me than english coca cola. Anyway I've been drinking it here and there, maybe 1 or 2 cans once or twice a week, i don't drink a lot of soda but anyway I'm thinner than I've been in ages and drinking diet coke hasn't made me gain weight but then again I have been exercising a lot and not eating much because of the heat.

Annie, I dont drink soft drinks so I dont know what to tell you but I did notice that when I cut down on drinking lattes, i lost some weight.

I now drink regular coffee WITH cream and (brown) sugar and I am positive that I would lose more weight if I switch from coffee to green tea.

But ...

I NEED CAFFEINE IN COFFEE FORM!

It is CRITICAL that I drink coffee (hahaha, I had enough for today, methinks).

Personally, I'd prefer to exercise more rather than cut down on coffee.

Anyways, if you are not addicted to soft drinks (like I am to coffee), maybe you can cut down on it as it's probably really bad for your teeth too. But if you enjoy drinking it once a day, just enjoy it, sister. Dont deprive yourself too much!

link removed

ok, not a weight related issue..... but i recently starting using this. because i got it for free. i decided to use it and see what would happen, not that i have winkles. i do have fine lines around my eyes though.

and guess what!? within like 5 days, it has cleared up my skin!!! i have acne problems (very very mild, covered with makeup) but usually the days before my period, like now, i have some breakouts. right now, nothing at all, my skin clarity has dramatically increased. i don't know what's exactly in it, but maybe some glycolic acids are helping out? normal acne meds like oxyclean or those pimple creams have never ever helped.

I bought a Hungry Girl cookbook, it's not bad.

link removed

Here is a recipe called "Dan Good Chili" - named after it's creator Dan, Hungry Girl's husband. it's a really good veggie chili. It is currently cooking on my stovetop. 2 points for those of you who are watching your points!!!

Dan Good Chili

4.25 cups canned tomato sauce

1 cup canned diced tomatoes with green chilis

3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed

3/4 cup canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed

1/2 cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped

1 cup canned sweet corn kernesl, drained

1.5 cups chopped onions

1 large red bell pepper, chopped

1 large green bell pepper, chopped

1.75 cups chopped carrots

1.5 cups chopped portabella mushrooms

1.5 tablespoons chili powder

2 tsp crushed garlic

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp ground cumin

optional: salt

Directions: Place the tomato sauce, tomatoes, jalapenos, chili powder, and cumin in a large pot. Stir over low heat. Once mixture is heated, stir in the garlic and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.

Add carrots and continue to cook over low heat. Meanwhile, over medium heat, cook onions, peppers, and mushrooms for 3-5 minutes in a large man with just 1/2 cup water (and some salt if desired). The onions and peppers should still be a little crunch. Using a slotted spoon to drain any excess water, add the veggies to the pot.

Add beans, corn, and Worcestershire sauce to the pot. Mix well. Everything should now be in the pot.

Cook over low heat for about 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so. Chili is done when carrots have lost their crunch.

Per 1 cup serving: 120 calories, 1 g fat, 820 mg sodium, 26 g carbs, 6 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 6 g protein, 2 points.

ok, didn't go to WW this morning. i woke up at 3 AM and couldn't get back to sleep until 6:30 AM. i was just way too tired by the time the alarm started going off.

this morning for breakfast i had fresh organic strawberries (so sweet!) and a wheat english muffin with 1 scrambled egg and one packet of WW cream cheese. for lunch, i had a banana, 1 WW chocolate shake, and an english muffin with a lightened up version of tuna salad. (tuna, carrots, low fat mayo, parsley, lemon juice). i didn't have any green onions, they're supposed to be part of the recipe.

day 9 with no diet coke. and i'm finding aspartame in the most random places!!! like my Fiber One cereal. it's very hard to cut out all aspartame if it's everywhere.

i've been doing some reading, and the research is conflicting. some sites say it is perfectly safe, others say it is the devil and a toxin and all that. i don't know what is the truth, what is not. but what i do know is that it can't possibly be GOOD for you. so, i guess that is enough to cut it out of my diet for now.

i think i feel less hungry, though i'm not sure. i'd have to give it a few weeks or months. but i've been craving more fruits. like grapefruit!!! i used to always think that grapefruit was too sour, but now i've been wanting it and now i see it is sweet. i've been having ruby grapefruits, they are so yummy.

ok, my week of clean eating has resulted in a gain???? i'm back up to 171.4 lbs. very annoying. what i didn't do was to track my intake, and i think i have to do that. it's frustrating, to gain/lose the same 3 lbs over and over. urggg.

oh, and the topic today was 'eating while on vacation.' very good for my upcoming vacation. basically, don't stress eat (because you're on vacation!!!) move around a lot, try to eat as you would normally, but make allowances to sample the local cuisine. i think it was good advice.

Haha yea that'll do it. And you can get creative too, as long as you don't mind looking a little silly. Like if there's a long hallway, you can do walking lunges. You can do wall push ups or use a chair. But I'm sure all that walking and camping is going to be plenty for you lol.

Archived