Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My weight-loss journey - Getting back on track....

annie24

You're doing great annie! I checked out that site and she's made amazing progress. She's smart to track with a camera because mirrors play tricks haha.

I wanted to post about my turkey burger recipe, even though I already put it on Kayla's. It's just so good though! You get ground turkey (or very lean beef for a regular burger), mix in an egg, bread crumbs, shallot, roasted red peppers, feta cheese, and spinach. Mix it all together, make patties, and you have your turkey burger. It's so juicy and good. I made my burgers pretty small since you're supposed to have a serving size that's the size of your palm. I had that and a decent amount of green beans and it really did fill me up.

Also, I did my body fat percentage the other day. I went from 17.6% to 17%!! I'm so happy That's with putting on a pound too.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this sound like a totally vain idea? I was thinking, when i hit my final goal weight (135???), I'd like to do a professional makeup + photo session, some in my dance clothes, others in normal clothes, as a "reward" to myself. I want my future kids to look back on these photos and see how hot their mom was, lol. I was thinking it might be a fun thing to do, and a way to 'preserve' the goal. I haven't been to a professional photographer since those awful high school portraits.

That doesn't sound vain at all! Hey, Samantha on Sex and the City did a naked photo shoot I think it'd be a nice reward and encourage positive thinking. Like instead of having up a photo of yourself at your worst so you don't go there again, or a photo of a hot celebrity that you'll never look like...this is much better. You can look at it and be proud of all that you've accomplished and it'll be motivation to keep up the hard work so you can stay that way!

link removed

I thought it would be fun to do sort of what Sara did on her blog - to post some recipes and take photos. I had some leftover tofu, and got tired of stir fry, so I found this, Tex Mex Tofu Burritos, from Cooking Light Magazine. I used slightly different ingredients. I used La Tortilla Factory torillas, green onion flavor. 1 tortilla has 50 calories, 8 g of fiber, and 0 points (weight watchers system). I didn't use the corn and black bean salsa, I just used plain fresh medium spice salsa I have (tomato, onion, cilantro, jalepeno). I was a little skeptical about adding cinnamon, but it gave the burrito a nice sort of 'warmth.' the chili gave it some bite. I like it, I do think I'll make it again. My method of preparing this turned out to be 3 weight watchers points per burrito. Not bad!

link removed

This is my lunch tomorrow, from the "Meltdown Diet" from link removed. It's a low-Glycemic Index Lunch. I grilled the eggplant and the chicken on my George Foreman grill. roasted the red peppers in the oven, and chickpeas are from the can. I'll spray it with Italian Dressing, that 1 calorie/spray dressing. I like this salad, it's really good, it keeps me full for a long time. The way I made it, it will be about 9 weight watchers points. (5 for the cup of pasta, 3 for the chicken breast, 0 for the peppers and eggplant, 1 for the chickpeas).

Next to it is a free sample of juice drink I got with a magazine in mexico, lol. It's really unusual, never seen it in the US! It's sort of like a crystal light, but tastes a lot thicker, like real juice. It's good, 8 calories a serving. yummy! be on the lookout if you see it in the US anywhere. Guava flavored. I love guava!

Last week's weight: 151.6 lbs

Today's weight: 149.0 lbs

Lost this week: 2.6 lbs

Total loss: 31.0 lbs

I worked really hard this week and it showed up on the scale, yay. I walked to and from work every day (4.5 mile round trip). I also did workouts, including my favorite slim in 6 series DVD. when i went out with a friend for dinner, i got the hummus and veggie and pita plate and only one beer. I've been snacking on fruits, and when my boss brought in bagels to work, i only had 1! the old me would have 3 during the day. I'm determined to get down, i know i've been hovering in 148-152 for several months now. i've been trying to figure out how i like it here. but, i'm still seeing a lot of pudge on my belly and thighs and arms and i'd like to tighten it all up some more... so, down i go again!

After the weight watchers meeting, I went grocery shopping and got a ton of cheap canned foods, i'm going to try to make "Sara gets skinny" Chili today. I went to einstein bagel's, got their fruit and yogurt parfait (no granola) and a black coffee. Afterwards, I went to my local farmer's market, and got a ton of vegetables I could barely carry home! I got apples, a huge head of cabbage, green beans, sweet peppers, green onion, jalapeno, onions, cucumber, zucchini, potatoes, eggplant and probably some other stuff i am forgetting now! I made a salad for lunch, made of a lot of ingredients I bought today, and things i've had in my fridge that i need to eat soon. I topped it with 1/4 cup light feta cheese and a serving of light french dressing.

This week: keep going. I just bought another set of workout DVDs online, waiting for them to come now. It's the "Slim Series" (same instructor as the slim in 6, debbie siebers). I'm going to keep walking, keep working out, keep being really on plan with my eating...

Tonight am going out with friends for a bachelorette party. We're going for sushi first, so it should be easy to make good choices. Then, going for beer (i'll try to stick to the light, or have some water in between). Then we are going for dessert (i'll see if they have a fruit cup, or maybe share a piece of cake with someone). And then out dancing (to burn off calories!) should be fun! I got her all sorts of naughty little presents

link removed

Am currently making the "Turkey Taco Chili" on sara's website. She isn't lying, it's a HUGE amount of chili!!! I used my biggest soup pot, and it's filled all the way to the top. I'm going to have enough chili to last me for a month. I tried it a bit, so far, tastes really good. at 3 pts for a cup and a half, that's great.

Went out to a bachelorette party last night, and am still recovering. We went first to a japanese place for dinner, hibachi. however, i ate sooo much chili last night, i wasn't really hungry. I just had a california roll, and a cucumber roll instead. Afterwards, we went for beer (I had one large cider), and then for dessert. I had the fruit tart and some champagne, which was all more expensive than my sushi dinner! Then, we went out dancing. It was fun, but man... i am in pain right now!

I got all excited to go for a swim, with my new swimsuit, haven't been swimming in years. I checked the pool schedule, unfortunately, the pool is closed for the next week. sigh. oh well. 5 PM, i've done NOTHING all day, that alcohol hit me really hard.

Wow...that dessert looks SO good. I want it lol.

I wore a skirt for the first time in like two years yesterday. I could actually see how it fit me differently. It was exciting I rarely have moments like that.

Hangovers are the worst. It's impossible to get up and do anything. At least you had fun though and definitely got your exercise in!

good job on wearing the skirt! it really was a good fruit tart. i was hungry though, i could have had 3 more! the espresso buttercream cake looked really good too, but i was somehow in the mood for a fruit tart.

man, i was so looking forward to a relaxing slow swim. no. am sipping on espresso now here. still in pain.... sigh. well, it's not really pain, so much as i have NO energy to do anything, and i have a decent amount of work to do. sigh.

oh, and funny thing - last night, one of the girls who was there was my ex-boyfriend's ex-girlfriend! i met her for the first time. she dated him first, then i dated him a year after her. I thought she was so wonderful and chic and pretty and funny and wow, i was just thinking, 'man, that guy is such a moron for letting a girl like her go!' and then i was like, 'wait - he let go of me too!' bonehead. lol.

Haha well obviously he has initial good first taste if he dated both of you! Just couldn't get past his bonehead tendencies.

Maybe go for a walk since you can't go for the swim. Still nice and relaxing. Bring your iPod with you or something.

I'm eating everything in sight right now and I'm not PMSing. I had pasta for dinner, then a WW ice cream bar and blueberries...now smart balance popcorn. I don't know why I'm so hungry!

mmmmmm...... just made an amazing salad! i really like it. I got the recipe from the back of a can of chickpeas. really great, you guys have to try it!! daligirl - it's really easy, i know even you can make this

Chickpeas and Tuna salad

1/4 cup chopped red onion

2 Tbsp fresh italian parsley

1 medium stalk celery, finely chopped (1/2 cup)

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained, rinsed

1 can (6 oz) light tuna in olive oil, drained

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1/4 cup olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

1. toss onions, parsley, celery, garlic, chickpeas and tuna

2. stir together vinegar and oil, stir in chickpea mixture

3. serve with salt and pepper. cover and refrigerate.

I'm not sure how accurate those things are, like does it really get in your system or not. Because when I was using a more expensive brand (Shaklee), I used to see it when I urinate, that I am throwing the excess out, so I knew it was really in my system. The reason I'm so worried about b12 is lack of it causes depression and fatigue and that makes it harder to lose weight obviously. Also I know it affects my short term memory!

I didn't find anything new. Eggs, cheddar cheese, dairy products in general...but the amount they have is contradictory, and I don't know which source to trust.

And of course highest in red meat and yucky fishy stuff

How do you get enough B-12? you must eat a lot of red meat?

it's not hard. B12 is made by bacteria, and most people have enough B12 to last them several years. You can probably get enough B12 just by eating plants on which there are bacteria (like bacteria on your salad). You can also get it in red meat.

Archived