online dating: Why do men post photos of their vehicle??

shikashika

As per my other post this week.. I just put up a profile on an online dating site.. eek!

Anyway, the amount of guys up there that put a photo of their car or truck astounds me... thats just an automoatic 'delete' in my books.

About the last thing I'd think of posting on my profile is my car!

who cares? why???? Does anyone actually care if their guy even has a vehicle???

yeah, I suppose it does.... it just seems strange and superficial to me.

I have a lot of things i like... or i'm proud of... I'm not going to display photos of my new favourite shampoo that i got from that new organics store.

I dated a guy without a car, I had one... but what i liked about him was that he had no problem riding his bike in minus 20!

Why do you think (some) guys think their car defines them?

i delete those too...or the guys talking on their cell phones or the guys with their ex girlfriends in photos.

it is insecurity and they think that having a "cool" car, like melrich says, says something about them, like they're "cool" too. some women like fancy cars, so they'll attract those women. just press delete if you don't like 'em and move to the next. you're always bound to get e-mails from men like that...yeah, i think it's funny.

Why do you think (some) guys think their car defines them?

I don't know about "defines"...more says something. And I think it probably does say something.

It's like anything, our personality type is a big driver in determining what we do with our discretionary spending.

It easier posting a picture beside your vehicle than beside your bank statement

ugh.. seriously, what i find funny is all these photos of guys who post photos of their new trucks and cars are the same guys who say thing like "Last chick i dated is a gold digger" or "girls are only after me because of my money"

Sounds like they are a match made in heaven then... if a guy posts a photo of his nice car, he's going to get a woman who's interested in him because of the stuff he has rather than his character.

ugh.. seriously, what i find funny is all these photos of guys who post photos of their new trucks and cars are the same guys who say thing like "Last chick i dated is a gold digger" or "girls are only after me because of my money"

Sounds like they are a match made in heaven then... if a guy posts a photo of his nice car, he's going to get a woman who's interested in him because of the stuff he has rather than his character.

Stop being so logical!!!

That is a good question! I see those all the time, too, and I just don't get it.

I dare you to put a photo of yourself with your shampoo. Heh.

I also will never understand why anyone would use the most cliche phrases on the planet: partner in crime, comfortable in a jeans and tux, etc. I read a funny profile once where the guy said he's comfortable in a jeans and tux, but that people look at him strangely when he's wearing them...

I'm not going to display photos of my new favourite shampoo that i got from that new organics store.

this cracked me up... I should put a picture of my Aveda crap on my profile and see what weird responses I get.

I agree with you though, I get annoyed when I see a photo of their car. I want to see THEM, not their hobbies

oh my gosh, exactly! holy. my friend's friend has a myspace page. He isn't rich per say, but he has photos all over his page of his new expensive car. with the doors open, him standing beside it and whatnot..

in the section, titled, who I want to meet, it says verbatim, "It seems that the hotter a woman is the more she knows it and the more in love with herself she becomes...I'd love to meet a woman who is less in love with herself, her clothes, and what her friends think, and more in love with giving me a chance if we mesh...u gotta take a chance to know a good thing. So, get over yourself, and open your eyes, I might just surprise you...if every picture in your myspace profile is of you clubbing in your million dollar sunglasses and everything is about money and power...yeah, we aren't meant to be...I grew up."

ok. i probably shouldn't have posted that. but hey, he is attracting these types of women by the message he is sending with his new expensive car. so i'm a bit confused here? and yes, he is only attracted and attracts those types of women. hmmm.

guys love their cars, and many are quite proud of them...

i had a real estate agent tell me once that when guys look at a house, they run to the basement first while women usually run to the kitchen... guys picture themselves in the basements watching a big screen TV or working in a shop, and women pictures themselves cooking in the kitchen with their family happily at the table (and their husband NOT in basement).

men also rush out to check out the garage, becuase it is very important for them to have a place for their beloved car to live!

so i think it is question of what motivates people. a lot of guys ego is tied up in what they drive too...

Isn't there some expression about the size and flashiness of their car and the size of their penis?

To get an idea of what it is with men and their cars...there was a Queen song from their album, A Night at the Opera, called "I'm in Love With my Car"

The machine of a dream

Such a clean machine

With the pistons a pumpin

And the hub caps all gleam

When Im holdin your wheel

All I hear is your gear

When my hands on your grease gun

Oh its like a disease son

Im in love with my car

Gotta feel for my automobile

Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar

Such a thrill when your radials squeal

Told my girl Ill have to forget her

Rather buy me a new carburetor

So she made tracks sayin

This is the end now

Cars dont talk back

Theyre just four wheeled friends now

When Im holdin your wheel

All I hear is your gear

When Im cruisin in overdrive

Dont have to listen to no run of the mill talk jive

Im in love with my car

Gotta feel for my automobile

Im in love with my car

String back gloves in my automolove

Haha as some others said: what good observation!!!

Guys post them everywhere(!): In their display pics, along with their album pics on profiles.. wth?

-They don't even own them sometimes. They just post pics of cars they would like to own.

-Like some said, some want "attention" and they want the girls to know what a "hot" car they have or that they even have a car. Maybe some of them feel that a car is something of high value, so instead of posing infront of their apartment or a house they bought lol, they just pose next to the car.

-Some guys around my age also feel if they don't have a car that's holding them back from getting a girl/a girl won't date a guy who has no car. LMAO.

-Lots of guys I see posting pics of cars maybe don't want to post many pics of themself for some reason so they put the car pics in there (maybe in hopes the girls will get distracted from their looks lol?)

I totally agree that most of these guys say "I hate golddiggers" yet the first things they are showing is their assets. That's like me saying "I hate guys who want me for my body" and then posting pics of me half naked or in bikini's.

has anyone watched those nature shows about animals where the males of lots of bird species will build a nest, fill it with bright ribbons and things to try to attract a girl bird... to show they have a cool nest for the girl bird to join them in.

maybe the guys want the girl to visualize themselves riding around in that car with him, or HE is visualizing wanting a woman to ride around with him?

i've seen some guys too who make a big deal about their house, or photos of their house... same principle!

ha ha!! maybe I ......or what about my new purse? Surely this will show that I have my own money and don't need to depend on a guy to pay for me?

LOL .. oh geez .. don't do that.

If I saw a profile with a pic of a woman's purse up there I'd run away. lol

.. kinda' like a guy posting pics of his car up there ... it says .. "The following are pictures of things that will always be more important to me than you are ... "

LOL .. oh geez .. don't do that.

If I saw a profile with a pic of a woman's purse up there I'd run away. lol

.. kinda' like a guy posting pics of his car up there ... it says .. "The following are pictures of things that will always be more important to me than you are ... "

have you ever heard of sarcasm?

Archived