online dating: Why do men post photos of their vehicle??

shikashika

For many men, their possessions define them much like their careers.

In those same profiles with the cars, check and see what their online ID's are that help get accross what they do so they can buy the car (and their ladies).....

There are quite a few "FunGuy_CPA" and "Esquire43" as well as "PeePeeMD" (for our urologist friends.

i delete those too...or the guys talking on their cell phones or the guys with their ex girlfriends in photos.

it is insecurity and they think that having a "cool" car, like melrich says, says something about them, like they're "cool" too. some women like fancy cars, so they'll attract those women. just press delete if you don't like 'em and move to the next. you're always bound to get e-mails from men like that...yeah, i think it's funny.

HA HA i remember the pics of guys talking on the cell phone. Never knew what that was all about. They seem so contrived.

And even tho we all know that sometimes the only way to get a pic is to pose and set one up yourself i think the BEST pics are the ones that you can tell was actually taken of them in the real world. Not one of them staring into a webcam or posing in front of a mirror and they snap the shot themselves. A picture of the guy in his natural environment being relaxed and himself in a photograph is a better shot than the posed ones or the really bad ones staring into his webcam.

I love riding motorcycles, but when I saw pics of women posing on their Harleys or Ninjas, it looked staged and silly. Glam photos in lingerie or business suits also suck, as well as that corny "looking back over the bare shoulder" stuff. Women are pretty without gimmicks.

Glad I'm not looking.

It's scary out there.

LOL!

HA HA i remember the pics of guys talking on the cell phone. Never knew what that was all about. They seem so contrived.

And even tho we all know that sometimes the only way to get a pic is to pose and set one up yourself i think the BEST pics are the ones that you can tell was actually taken of them in the real world. Not one of them staring into a webcam or posing in front of a mirror and they snap the shot themselves. A picture of the guy in his natural environment being relaxed and himself in a photograph is a better shot than the posed ones or the really bad ones staring into his webcam.

Yea! Exactly..

No offense to anyone (b/c heck I have done it sometimes when bored or in need of a pic of me) but the one infront of webcam suck, and so do the ones of the snap shots taken with the cam in their hand. Where you actually see their hand stretching to hold the cam furhter. (I'm talking about pics you put on a dating site.. )

Or the snapshots in the mirror.. Oh gawd.

I also think it's way better when they have others take a pic of them say out somewhere or at someones house, etc.. Just not alone staging "poses" for them to take of themself. .

While not as a justification for doing it, cars are the main form of expression for some guys, and those guys only know how to express themselves by fixing up and showing off their cars. Not talking about a showroom new corvette, but like an old muscle car they restored and customized to fit their style.

Sure, it can be a pet peeve, but I don't think anyone should stereotype or pass judgment onto some guy over something as simple as posting a picture of their car on a dating site. Wouldn't you feel like a horse's patoot if you overlooked one of those guys and later found out that he was the nicest thing since sliced bread?

The girls do the same thing too, where all of their pictures are with them making that horrible kissy-face with their lips puckered out... or where they are bent over in front of a guy and making that "oops" face with their hand over their mouth. I know alot of girls who do that, along with guys who post pictures of cars... and they are good people who don't deserve to be judged or overlooked because of a picture they put on a website.

making faces or being in a certain stance or pose for a pic is a far cry from bringing in an inatimate object to try to reflect ones personality...or show something about yourself.

as a guy I completely agree that there is a HUGE difference between an older muscle car he fixed up and some showroom new vette. one shows effort, dedication and skill...the other shows he has a small d!ck. but girls, for the most part, don't respect things like that the way that guys do...which makes it a fruitless effort when used on a dating site.

Many men feel that their car says something about them.

It says they're ugly. lol. They need a vehicle because they think it makes them look more attractive than they actually are.

You know what bugs me - as much as car pix - and torso pix (I could really care less whether a guy has a six pack) - it's guys who have a pic of themselves holding a big fish. It's like 'woo, look at me, I caught a fish'.

Personally I'm against animal cruelty so if I see someone holding a fish that they have pulled out of a river I am likely to send him a mail just to rant at him for being so cruel and not having a cruelty-free hobby instead.

Archived