for the men: who is more attractive?

Gratsy

I'd be very, very, very surprised if her chest and lips were all natural.

I think all her parts just might be real. I do know that she wears A LOT of make up. I saw her on her reality show without make up and she looked like a totally different person. Surprised the heck out of me. It's like she wears a mask. I think she's a beautiful girl but she actually looks prettier without all the make up.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One is not more beautiful than the other. I think they both are very unique in their own ways - however beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. What may be beauty to me may not be to you.

I prefer someone that is natural. The one on the left seems to be. Kim on the other hand looks too plastic.

Pocket, you must like Eva Longoria?

Oddly enough, no! lol she has an attractive face, but getting a little too close to skinny. I think it's more of a case of seeing her around too many times, it's a bit like listening to Radio1 here in the UK - you get the odd great song once in a while then Radio1 gets their hands on it and plays it 6 gazillion times a day until you can hear it no more

Edit: But I do find hispanic/mediterranean women attractive, which I guess is a category she'd come under

Going on that photo alone I prefer the one on the left. She has nice legs and looks far more open and friendly than the other one. And she has a killer smile and cheekbones.

The one on the right - Her outfit doesn't suit her. The dress is okay but those shoes don't do anything for her legs. They make her legs look stumpy and I'm sure they aren't really.

Oddly enough, no! lol she has an attractive face, but getting a little too close to skinny. I think it's more of a case of seeing her around too many times, it's a bit like listening to Radio1 here in the UK - you get the odd great song once in a while then Radio1 gets their hands on it and plays it 6 gazillion times a day until you can hear it no more

Edit: But I do find hispanic/mediterranean women attractive, which I guess is a category she'd come under

Yeah I know exactly what you mean! I don't find Brad pitt attractive atall!

I find brad pitt to be handsome "on paper". In other words he definitely is not ugly but it gets to me that whenever people need to find a barometer for how good looking a man is they use him. For example "he's no Brad Pitt"....my response is always "so...." lol

NOt all women like his look. IMO he is way too "pretty" for a man. He actually is looking better now that he is getting older and seems to have at least a little more rugged appearance but when he was younger if you put a long blonde wig on him he would have been a beautiful girl. LOL Not what most women want.

She looks at least 20 to me. You Americans always seem to look a lot older for your age than us brits do.

I don't think that Americans look older, although I could be wrong. Jerry Springer isn't the best place to get an idea of American culture...thats smut lower class culture. Although, we do eat a lot of meat that has been injected with growth hormones so who knows.

The one on the right is a 10-she has a pretty face and a really nice figure. She doesn't look like a hooker she looks classy and not trashy. strickly for the grown and sexy and you can't blame her if she is confident! The one on the left looks trashy indeed-to me she looks like the * * * * that will give a BJ behind the curtains. body language bro-you see how she is grasping the other ones waist. Like please cut it out! She is way skinny and she is not at all sexy-cute yeah.

Oh you are sSSSSOOOOO Shallow! please get real because a woman has sex appeal makes her a sex toy-and all of a sudden she isn't wife material. I honestly resent that comment because this is the way I am looked at too. I got full breasts(natural), nice hips, bottom, and thick thighs. I mean even when I am not trying to dress provactive you can still see my curves-without makeup I am still pretty so you mean to tell me this is what you guys think? please don;t assume-you make an a** out of your self

How is it that you can say the way she looks makes her fit to be a good mate? Because she has no sex appeal and it would be easier to keep her under control-huh?--whateva

I think its a very weird hang up to think that someone isn't as interesting sexually if she's marriage material and visa versa.

Hey gratsy! Why do you ask?

Just find it interesting. We all assume conventionality when it comes to beauty and there is obviously some there b/c there are people who are universally more appealing than others but its hard to find out what standards those are. Where do we get our ideas of what is attractive? I mean in this thread alone, a guy changed his mind about a girl's attractiveness somewhat b/c of an argument someone created. So partially, we truly are influenced by opinion...by popular opinion. IDeas about beauty have changed in history and in culture. Where does it all come from? Mom and Dad? In the states, we've noticed that different cultures sometimes as a whole value certain things over others...the woman on the left might be more appealing to a hispanic guy while the woman on the right is more appealing to the typical white bread guy. A lot of attraction comes from associations...wealth is associated with certain things and that makes someone more attractive...same with youth and other symbolisms and concepts.

Hmm I think that has more to do with make up use BUT, to be honest, the one thing that stops me from going for British women is that a lot of the look very... generic. I don't know how to explain it but caucasian british women do nothing for me, I rarely find one who I think goes a little beyond 'pretty' and gets closer to 'stunning' unless she has a mixed background. Having said that though, this is my PERSONAL taste, it doesn't mean all british women ARE generic, it's just how I see them, and I prefer 'exotic' women

I have found women/men from all cultures to have equally beautiful representatives in each of their distinctive ways. Although they say that what makes something attractive is that right mix of something extremely familiar with something different.

My knee-jerk reaction is to say neither but if I had to choose I'd say the one on the left. The woman on the right has one of my most powerful turn-offs - gigantic (

I think big lips are gorgeous a la Jolie and Jessica Alba. But I prefer thin lips on men.

You clearly need to share that saying with your friends then! lol I guess I can't really say I have a defined taste, I just know what I think is generic and what I think is attractive. I know many girls/guys that I'd consider in the generic book but I know are attractive in the main stream. And to complicate matters even more, I'm not necessarily attracted to people I find attractive from my own pov. And the people I feel attracted to may look NOTHING like each other

Finding someone I'm attracted to is like trying to spot a diamond in a mine full of cubic zirconium (I'm such a geek) - but in someone else's pov, they might see it as me looking for cubic zirconium in diamond mine, again perspective.

Isn't it great we don't all think the same?

This is really interesting to think about.

I'm with you on that one, waiter, get that woman something eat!!!!

Lol, I have to say I agree.

You're kidding right? Brad Pitt is divine. As far as personal preference, I think that the woman on the right has a more fresh look that is very attractive while the woman on the left has a vampy made-to-impress look that is not very attractive b/c its associated with plastic surgery cheap. However, hands down I think that the woman on the left is altogether more attractive despite the fake additions she's made to her body. I find both women to be attractive although the one on the right looks more like a girl than a woman to me.

I tend to be attracted to skinnier men or very toned men...for instance, I find Adrien Brody and the skinny guy on That Seventies Show to be intensely attractive.

I also think that British men are hot...at least if they're anything like the men on Bridget Jones Diaries! lol

Are the girls transposed to opposite sides on some people's PC"s? Gratsy it sounds like you have it backwards..the one on the left is the one who would appear not to have had surgical enhancements....

Yeah switch it. Maybe something about memory...I had a picture of it in my mind as I was typing and somehow linguistically it came out opposite.

OMG... I just read this entire thread... There were some responses that made me literally laugh out loud (ghost69, I'm looking at you!).

For the record, I find women that are thinner to be more aesthetically pleasing. So, I prefer the one on the left.

Also, it's pretty cool that the five pictures in this thread all show women with dark hair and olive skin. Yeah, Mediterranean look!

The responses here are proof that there are definitely different strokes for different folks. I haven't counted it up but there appears as i glanced thru the thread to be an even number of people who prefer the girl on the left and the girl on the right...and then a good amount who said either/ or.

This is good news for all women. It shows that you shouldn't have to mold yourself to look like anyone but yourself because chances are someone will find you attractive.

AMEN!

Wow, such hatred for going against the grain, or merely stating my opinion. I was labeled with words such as 'shallow,' 'control,' 'stereotype,' and I caught 'shame' in there as well, and there were probably others before I stopped reading the responses. Oh, there was a 'lets get him' as well. But from the way I worded it, I can't deny that it wasn't going to happen.

I see two pictures, and am asked to respond which one is more attractive by looking at the pictures. I do. Then I get asked for a follow up as to why, and I do, and next thing you know I am standing before an execution firing line for stating my opinion. I will say that I could have worded it better though; I logged in and caught this thread to get away from work at the moment and typed in haste.

The one on the right is not a 10 in my book. To be very blunt, I see curves with weight and an average face (of course larger breasts and curves). I don't see that with the girl on the left - I find her to have a pretty face and a slim figure. I'm sorry, but I like skinny girls - always have. I usually date size 0-4, who are obviously thin, have small boobs, a very girlish figure and a pretty face (to me). That is what I find attractive, and those are the types of girls that I have dated over the last 10 years since I started dating at 14/15.

I have hooked up and been on dates with 'curvier' women, but honestly, they never did it for me. The last time a curvier girl asked me to dance I walked away from her on the dance floor (okay, well I was sober too and am a terrible dancer). No, I am not gay - I just don't find them to be attractive in that way so I'm not going to get involved. When I have hooked up with curvier girls it was when I was drunk. I don't have anything against them, but I do not find them to be attractive in that way. I like skinny girls and go figure, I'm dating another skinny girl right now. And actually, I love when my girl wears a dress and some sexy boy shorts. What's wrong with that? My last girlfriend alternated outfits with stilettos and mini-skirts in the summer time and it was banging. What more can a boyfriend ask for?

Please feel free to respond, but I honestly don't want to start a war on here over this. I do apologize for wording it as I did, but what's done is done. I'm not going to cower back and delete my evidence. Regardless, I still don't find the girl on the right attractive; she doesn't do it for me.

It really is hard to figure out what "attractive" really is. I've thought about this before when I realized the picture I get in my head when I hear a man say a woman is hot. I usually think of a conventionally beautiful woman (thin, has long straight or wavy hair, tall, oval face). Then i think about how deeply ingrained that image of beauty must be because I have men tell me I'm beautiful or "hot" all the time. I look nothing like the image of beauty that pops into my head (besides the oval face). I never think that a man could really think I was beautiful because I don't fit that image. I never picture men thinking of someone like me when they say someone is beautiful. I've come to the realization that even though there is a certain image that represents beauty in american culture, in reality beauty is subjective. This thread is evidence of it. Some prefer the girl on the right and some on the left.

I think everyone has their tastes but I agree a lot of it has to do with culture. Where I grew up (black middle class neighborhood) being very thin was not desirable at all. If you were thin and flat you weren't seen as healthy. I was under 100 lbs in high school and hated it. I was so happy to finally fill out in my 20s. I've met relatively small to average sized women who grew up in mostly white mddle class neighborhoods that got called fat where they grew up because being very thin was the ideal. An itallian friend of mine said that in her neighborhood being very skinny wasn't seen as attractive. When I'd go to clubs frequented by mostly upper middle class people I didn't get hit on as much. Neither did any girl who wasn't extremely thin and looked like she spent hours and hours on her looks before coming out.

Sometimes I feel that certain men will base what they think is attractive on what the media or their friends push as desirable as not to seem weird. There are men who won't date a woman they really like if his friends don't think she's attractive. I've known men who prefer plus sized women but don't date them publicly because of what people will think. I've known of women who do the same thing. Some people are just easily influenced.

The responses here are proof that there are definitely different strokes for different folks. I haven't counted it up but there appears as i glanced thru the thread to be an even number of people who prefer the girl on the left and the girl on the right...and then a good amount who said either/ or.

This is good news for all women. It shows that you shouldn't have to mold yourself to look like anyone but yourself because chances are someone will find you attractive.

I agree.

Although I would say that the clothing both are wearing does not do them any favors. If the one on the right wore a less constrictive outfit - rather than being skintight, she would look heaps better. I personally prefer her hair though than the one on the left's. I think if she wore a more girlie floaty dress or even a nice black suit or something then the guys who said she looked too cheap may well change their minds.

But at the end of the day it's good to know there's a mixture of opinion and it's kind of 50/50. That said, that makes it harder when you like someone to know if YOU might actually their type.

One dresses like a prostitute, the other looks like she's 15. Neither get a second look in my books.

How does one dress like a prostitute? Just because she's picked a dress that compliments her assets, and makes an effort to look nice? This intimidate you?

I would have either. Seriously, both very attractive women.

Archived