Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Anxiety Help - Journal

boltnrun

Yes, the nose q-tip. I found it....erm, just a gross feeling. I find it difficult to explain. All I know is, as soon as it hit the inside of my upper nostril, I felt the need to have it back out, asap.

Then my nose felt like it was irritated for about half an hour afterwards and nose running. They told us (husband and I) that it might feel like a nosebleed but that it would only be mucus. Yum. Bleh.

They gave us a handful of tissues to blow our noses with once it was all done. I wouldn't want it done again, that's for sure.

Crossing fingers for you, Bolt. Ours came back negative. We had some kind of flu, but luckily, not Covid.

Thanks Sherry, Rose and Seraphim.

Sherry, there is a major backlog in processing the tests so it will be about 7 days until I get the results. My state just showed a major increase in cases in the past 2 days but that's because there was a "glitch" in the reporting that resulted in UNDER-reporting the number of cases. So they didn't all test positive in the past two days but rather over the past 2 weeks. Now they've fixed the "glitch" but there's still a backlog. Technically I am supposed to isolate until I get the results, and if I had symptoms I would. But the only thing I have is joint pain in my hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders that has kind of been a recurring issue with me for several years. No fever, no cough, no chills, no diarrhea, no runny nose even (which is kind of unusual for me during allergy season). So I went to the laundromat and I went inside Target to pick up my order and tomorrow I will have to put gas in my car. And I want to go for a walk if this tropical storm passes and it's not humid.

I think I am doing better because I didn't freak out or have a meltdown or panic attack. And I'm not frantically wiping down every surface I encounter at the laundromat. I do wipe the front of the machines I use and the table I set my bag on but trust me, it's much less than I used to do.

As I mentioned, warm and humid. I bought a small personal air cooler that is great if I'm right in front of it but I think I might need to get another one.

We had to isolate. Our symptoms were, sore throat, cough, slight fever, headaches and body aches.

I was sure when we both started having the symptoms, that it was Covid. But the doctor reminded us that the other typical cold and flus are still out there. (I think most people forget that).

We were sick for about 5 days and in that time, we were waiting for Covid results. It took about 4 days after the swab to get the results, so not too bad.

Apparently though, there's been a small outbreak since, and it takes about a week to even get booked in for an appointment and more waiting still for the results.

Ugh.

I'm glad it was quieter when we were sick. The waiting part was so tough, especially as we both felt so crappy.

I have to admit, when we got our tests, we did it via drive through, and when we drove up and were waiting for them to get the paperwork sorted etc etc, I felt a wave of panic.

But it passed.

I felt slightly panicky too when we were leaving and there was a rush of cars in front of us so we had a line up. But thank goodness the line went very quickly.

I was so relieved to be out of there and done with it.

I swear people that don't have anxiety or anxiety disorder, have no clue how things can be so much more difficult with having it. I have wondered so often how it would actually feel to go about your life and not even a thought of ...what if.....or knowing what panic/anxiety feels like. It must feel amazing, definitely a lot easier.

Yes, anxiety makes everything so much worse. It's this fear that takes over your entire life.

I envy people who are going about their lives, doing their thing without fear of catching the virus. And I don't mean the yahoos who insist there is no virus and it's all a hoax. Or the "mask tantrum" morons. I mean those who acknowledge the virus is out there but they don't allow fear of it to stop them from doing what they usually do (with some adjustments, of course). I want to be one of those people.

I am washing my clothes there but they have a small stackable wash machine and dryer that can't handle blankets or loads of towels. So I take my blankets, sheets and towels to the laundromat and I also take any bulky clothing like sweat pants or jeans. It's hot and humid for the next week so I don't anticipate wearing any sweat pants or jeans but I will need to wash my blankets, sheets and towels at the laundromat in about 12 days.

I understand!

We had to isolate. Our symptoms were, sore throat, cough, slight fever, headaches and body aches.

I was sure when we both started having the symptoms, that it was Covid. But the doctor reminded us that the other typical cold and flus are still out there. (I think most people forget that).

We were sick for about 5 days and in that time, we were waiting for Covid results. It took about 4 days after the swab to get the results, so not too bad.

Apparently though, there's been a small outbreak since, and it takes about a week to even get booked in for an appointment and more waiting still for the results.

Ugh.

I'm glad it was quieter when we were sick. The waiting part was so tough, especially as we both felt so crappy.

I have to admit, when we got our tests, we did it via drive through, and when we drove up and were waiting for them to get the paperwork sorted etc etc, I felt a wave of panic.

But it passed.

I felt slightly panicky too when we were leaving and there was a rush of cars in front of us so we had a line up. But thank goodness the line went very quickly.

I was so relieved to be out of there and done with it.

I swear people that don't have anxiety or anxiety disorder, have no clue how things can be so much more difficult with having it. I have wondered so often how it would actually feel to go about your life and not even a thought of ...what if.....or knowing what panic/anxiety feels like. It must feel amazing, definitely a lot easier.

Yes!! I am so glad you're ok. Two days ago my son complained of his ear/throat bothering him and feeling a bit out of it. No fever (I try not to take it because it makes him feel worse- he was very cool). By a few hours later, fine. Thing is he's been nowhere where he could have been exposed - yes, he does solitary bike rides with my husband running alongside, yes he and my husband had to enter my oral surgeon's office with masks on for a few minutes to pick me up after surgery and once in awhile we go for solitary walks. That's it. Still I wondered where normally I'd be like -hmmm he might be fine/might be getting a cold/allergies.

But here's an interesting contrast. My husband is so Type B. But he also harps on the fact that he's so laid back so I get suspicious sometimes. We are in a hot spot right now. We're all being careful. But his employer yesterday teamed up with a well known child care provider to provide about 75 spots to employees' kids to be supervised during virtual learning. With all the protocols, masks, social distancing -all at a steep discount because it's employer-funded partially.

I was a fan of the following -let's see in a month or so what the numbers are and since we can sign up daily maybe we try it out a day or so. Also then we'll know more about whether they're truly following safety protocols. He was totally against it even though he's been considering we take a road trip for a few days. Here's why - he feels that if we go somewhere, he's there or I am and we can control our environment. He feels that some of the kids have parents who are healthcare workers so they're higher risk, and he feels -since we've been so so careful why chance it for a few days. Truth is I will bear the brunt of supervising our son's virtual learning when it starts as I don't work full time and he does but I completely trust my husband that he's not saying this because I will be the one doing most of the work. He's type B and he truly feels this way. He's not "panicking" but his reaction seemed to me to be more of how I, type A, sometimes prone to panic/anxiety would react.

Boltnrun -I notice how much better you are doing. I feel for you for having anxiety while this is happening. I am sorry -it's a struggle and I'm inspired by how proactive you are being. I hope your towels smell fresh, too,!!!

Thank you, ladies.

I don't know if it's the medication, the therapy, both or neither as the reason why I am getting a little bit better. I hope it continues and I don't just stagnate where I am.

I have to send my resignation to work today. It will be interesting to see what the reaction is. I haven't worked on site since the first week of May and my location's opening has been delayed 7 times. It's now scheduled to open at the end of September. So although they could insist I work out a 2 week notice I can't understand what the point would be. All 20 or so of the people who are assigned to work at the new location are currently "helping out" and training at an existing location so it's not like they would have to scramble to replace me. But they could choose to be difficult. We'll see.

Well, I got bit by the Fridays again. I seem incapable of learning that whenever I try to do anything on a Friday it ends up an epic fail.

I tried to go for a walk. I lasted about 12 minutes. I was only two minutes in and I had already encountered 15 people, half of whom were not wearing masks or who had them shoved under their chins (news flash, if you're just going to keep it under your chin why bother??). So I didn't even go down by the ocean because I knew that's where everyone was headed. Well, I got 12 minutes of Vitamin D :upset:

Hot hot hot today! Yesterday was misery. Today is supposed to be a few degrees cooler but still hot.

I had to laugh at the lady on the morning news. She said to "be sure you have air conditioning". How do you do that? My building does not have air conditioning and I am not going to pay to have it installed. And even if I wanted to, how do I "make sure" I get it installed today? Silly lady.

I might go for a drive. My car has AC!

Hi Rose, thanks for checking in. I am doing OK. Just applying for jobs. I got most of the way through an online application and then my internet decided to shut off. So I had to re-enter all the information. Sigh...

Thanks for your kind words. His grandmother had been sent home from the hospital and he was taking care of her. Maybe they shouldn't have sent her home? I guess some comfort is at least she was around family so she didn't die alone in a hospital.

Hi Rose, thanks for checking in. I am doing OK. Just applying for jobs. I got most of the way through an online application and then my internet decided to shut off. So I had to re-enter all the information. Sigh...

Thanks for your kind words. His grandmother had been sent home from the hospital and he was taking care of her. Maybe they shouldn't have sent her home? I guess some comfort is at least she was around family so she didn't die alone in a hospital.

I'm so sorry too. I hope your internet is back on.

I'm so sorry too. I hope your internet is back on.

Thank you. Yeah, my computer installed an update and then I was able to get back on to re-enter the information. Maybe it was better the second time.

Fingers crossed I find something soon. I have a hard deadline of mid-September or I'll have to move in with my brother. I am fortunate to have that option but I'd rather get a job.

Thank you. Yeah, my computer installed an update and then I was able to get back on to re-enter the information. Maybe it was better the second time.

Fingers crossed I find something soon. I have a hard deadline of mid-September or I'll have to move in with my brother. I am fortunate to have that option but I'd rather get a job.

Of course! For some reason I'm more stressed today than usual - I can relate- in a small way-to what you are experiencing, too often!!

That's great that you got the application in. Rooting for you! Hope you get the job - one step at a time.

Thank you! I've applied for about 18 jobs in the past week and a half. There's a ton of competition and I'm older so it will be challenging.

I've decided that I need to get out in some way every day (except weekends...weekends are ridiculously crazy around here due to it being a beach town). Even if I just go for a drive and get out of my car for a few minutes. I want to just stay at home where I feel somewhat safe but I can't just sit here all the time.

Thank you! I've applied for about 18 jobs in the past week and a half. There's a ton of competition and I'm older so it will be challenging.

I've decided that I need to get out in some way every day (except weekends...weekends are ridiculously crazy around here due to it being a beach town). Even if I just go for a drive and get out of my car for a few minutes. I want to just stay at home where I feel somewhat safe but I can't just sit here all the time.

I totally agree with you. Our parks, beaches and mountains are overpopulated and overrun with tremendous numbers as Canadians stay local.

Don't sell yourself too short. With age also comes experience. If you're open to upgrading or adaptable those are great selling points too.