LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shes ignoring my calls and texts

Platinum Member
    Why on earth did you decide to get drunk before your date? Did you think being drunk would make you "smoother" or less nervous or something?

Gold Member
    IMO, you've made two mistakes: getting drunk and dating your manager. Really? That's playing with fire, especially if it doesn't work out. As you can see, now it's uncomfortable and awkward. I guess Monday will give you both a chance to talk. Reconciliation? Up to her. The ball is in her court. But, I think you should both clear the air.

Originally Posted by Kovsal
    Do u think i have any chance of reconciliation? I open the store with her monday morning so im pretty much alone with her for an a few hours
    I dunno. I do think if she wanted to reconcile she'd at least return your phone calls, however, maybe she knows she will see you on Monday, & wants to smooth things over then.

Getting drunk before a date is a permanent deal breaker. It's no wonder she's ignoring your calls and texts. You screwed up royally!

Since you work together, remain professional, well-mannered, treat her and everyone with respect and carry on. You can't undo the past.

Don't pursue and grovel.

You need to understand human nature which is universal. Once people discover what you're capable of, observe an unsavory side to your character, poor choices, poor decisions and / or on the receiving end of your disrespect or rudeness, in their minds, they're already moving on. Sure, they can remain civil and peaceful but they don't want you in their lives anymore. People generally don't wish to risk repeated negative experiences, hurt or pain. They're done. They feel safer and protected without you. Most people whom I know including myself are this way. Once trust is dead, all relationships or friendships are dead. It's over.

People forgive but they never forget. Forgive means to move on, not hold grudges nor wish ill will upon those who've wronged them. However, the word "forgive" is not to be confused with the word "forget." Forgetting is impossible. Because forgetting is impossible, the only recourse is to move forward by controlling and changing dynamics permanently and starting with a clean slate without you.

Reconciliation? Kind of a strong word to use after only two dates.

She's making it very clear she isn't interested and wants you to leave her alone. Respect that and stop messaging her. Be professional on Monday.

I'd take the hint from her and follow the advice from the other members. Let this go and stay professional at work. Don't pursue anything anymore. It won't look good and you're also in a precarious situation with her being your boss. Let this go.

Shes hasnt blocked my number is it due to professional courtesy or is she contemplating me?

If she hasnt blocked my number is it due to professional courtesy or do u think shes contemplating me?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Kovsal
    If she hasnt blocked my number is it due to professional courtesy or do u think shes contemplating me?
    How do you know you're not blocked?

You haven't continued to message her, have you?

If you continue to text, you will make work weird. Grow up and leave it alone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice