LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this make me look bad

Does this make me look bad

Is it selfish to rely on family while unable to work or get disabiliy.? Even if that may mean always relying on them? I can't concentrate,memory issues, completing tasks difficult, understand ing instructions

Why are you unable to get disability?

Platinum Member
    What diagnosis has your doctor given you?

And what does rely on mean?

It's only selfish if you don't earn your keep any way you can. If you contribute to the household by helping to the best of your ability, your efforts will demonstrate your sincerity and gratitude. In this case, it wouldn't be selfish to rely on your family financially.

I would try to help around house I'm not much at doing laundry. I keep getting denied disability at appeals council will start a new claim say i can do unskilled work.

I live with grandmother now sis in law said don't worry won't be homeless when granny dies I'll have them take care of me

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Rigglandhudd
    I would try to help around house I'm not much at doing laundry. I keep getting denied disability at appeals council will start a new claim say i can do unskilled work.
    What diagnosis has your doctor given you?

Schzioaffective depression

Originally Posted by Rigglandhudd
    What does your doctor say? You may need to have more backup/input from another psychiatrist, perhaps another doctor or so who has treated you and feels (and is willing to submit paperwork stating) that you need disability funds.

You really need to rectify this and get the benefits you need. Don't intend to rely on family forever because you never know what may happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice