Ill treat in a relationship

Ssh

I have being in a serious relationship with my boyfriend for the past 2 years . We had family problems at first and he was kicked out of the house and my parents allowed him to stay with us. My parents treated him like his own son as I was their only child and I was mostly in the other side of the island finishing my bachelor of nursing course. We used to have fights and all but we both handled it and than his dad pasted away and now he has decided to stay with his mom and wants me to stay with him there .. I would love to but his mother is mostly making me feel down that his son is most handsome and I'm nothing at all and that his year 12 educated and I have like bachelor of nursing degree . I told my bf it's better we move out and now his rude to me and always telling or warning me that he will get any girl he likes coz his too good looking and than after a while he says he loves me and all and misses me and cant stay without me.

Il be soon moving to another place coz of my nursing and his not ready to leave his mom.. it's so stressful for me .. I love him but his always listening to his mom now and I have no say at all

Please my head is paining really bad thinking about all this and I dont know what to do .. I have talk to him millions of times but he says for me to get my transfer to where he is and I cant do that coz il be just an intern nurse .. I dont know what to do .. and another thing now he doesn't even talk to my parents and I want him to be nice to my parents

Honestly, I don't think this is the right guy for you. He's abusive among other things and that's at least one thing you should never tolerate in a relationship because it only escalates.

It's still a child mentally and he needs to mature more before you make that kind of commitment.

I have being in a serious relationship with my boyfriend for the past 2 years . We had family problems at first and he was kicked out of the house and my parents allowed him to stay with us. My parents treated him like his own son as I was their only child and I was mostly in the other side of the island finishing my bachelor of nursing course. We used to have fights and all but we both handled it and than his dad pasted away and now he has decided to stay with his mom and wants me to stay with him there .. I would love to but his mother is mostly making me feel down that his son is most handsome and I'm nothing at all and that his year 12 educated and I have like bachelor of nursing degree . I told my bf it's better we move out and now his rude to me and always telling or warning me that he will get any girl he likes coz his too good looking and than after a while he says he loves me and all and misses me and cant stay without me.

Il be soon moving to another place coz of my nursing and his not ready to leave his mom.. it's so stressful for me .. I love him but his always listening to his mom now and I have no say at all

Please my head is paining really bad thinking about all this and I dont know what to do .. I have talk to him millions of times but he says for me to get my transfer to where he is and I cant do that coz il be just an intern nurse .. I dont know what to do .. and another thing now he doesn't even talk to my parents and I want him to be nice to my parents

I’m unsure who is talking who down?

Why did you mention his educational qualifications versus yours?

Do YOU believe that makes you better than him?

Is that why he is trying to be “better” than you in other ways?

Does he feel belittled by you? Why should he move to where your qualifications take you?

What does he do for a living?

Who potentially will earn more in 5 years time despite tertiary qualifications?

Does it make more sense financially and emotionally for him to stay living at home? For now?

Have you considered any of these questions I raise?

It might very well be that the two of you are incompatible but from your post it seems you are only regarding your view point and not his?

I’m unsure who is talking who down?

Why did you mention his educational qualifications versus yours?

Do YOU believe that makes you better than him?

Is that why he is trying to be “better” than you in other ways?

Does he feel belittled by you? Why should he move to where your qualifications take you?

What does he do for a living?

Who potentially will earn more in 5 years time despite tertiary qualifications?

Does it make more sense financially and emotionally for him to stay living at home? For now?

Have you considered any of these questions I raise?

It might very well be that the two of you are incompatible but from your post it seems you are only regarding your view point and not his?

You've raised some really thought-provoking points [emoji848][emoji848]

Taking only one point of view seems to be the default for most of us.

Thank you.

Focus on your career. This guy you are dating is a manchild and mommy's boy at the same time. He sounds incredibly immature and unfortunately, it's rare that these kinds of people ever grow up. Even if they do, you are looking at a good decade or more of destructive, childish behavior that will destroy you as a person. There is no reason on this planet for you to shackle yourself to this mess. Time to cut ties, focus fully on your career and move on to a better life. I have a feeling that once you are free of him, you'll feel more like a cloud lifted off your head than heartbroken.

Someone who trusts you and respects you would never say things like " always telling or warning me that he will get any girl he likes coz his too good looking and than "

12 years educated???? living still with his mom? what does he do for a living, how old is he?

You are working hard on your education. I agree with Dancing her... that should be your focus... You can do it!

Not sure this is adding up. First his parents kicked him out and now his mum coddles him and tells him how pretty he is. I'm sorry for the loss of his father. Despite their family issues, it's understandable he feels sympathetic with his mother.

As a whole, their family is going through considerable grief and it's not really our place to judge them for their misplaced concerns or issues at this time. It's not an excuse for treating you badly but I think you ought to pull back and leave some distance there and space for mistakes.

I'd suggest you stick to your guns and do what's right for your career. If that means moving in the right direction geographically, do it. You'll thank yourself once the smoke clears. It's not the end of the world if you don't live close to them now or for the time being. I personally think the relationship needs room to breathe and you need to be more mature and responsible about your career path. Become that nurse.

His mother is probably trying to cling to him since she lost her husband.

Not healthy or good for him, but kind of understandable.

You cannot enter a competition between yourself and his mother. Everyone loses.

I recommend backing off, continue with your studies, and he can choose what he wants. Don't let him hold you back from completing your education.

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Relationships can be very difficult sometimes. Congratulations on working towards your bachelors in nursing! That is such a huge accomplishment. Have you expressed to your boyfriend about the way his actions make you feel? It is very important to be honest in any relationship. You need to do what is best for you and if it is meant to be with your boyfriend, it will all work out for good. I hope everything goes well!

Archived