Ex affair partner comes back! ....

Pam51

Ok so nearly 2years since we had our affair which we both got caught having.

I ended my marriage he went back to wife.

Now he mailed me last week, and was hinting he was thinking of old memories etc.

He sent some songs (he knew they meant something to us both)

And is now telling me I look fantastic and that I always did.

Soooo the question here is ...why? Why the contact why tell me this? The other songs were all about love and missing somebody.

He want me back?.....flirting? ....just wanting contact?

All takes on this appreciated xxx

Even though it destroyed your marriage, he's still married. He just wants another fling with you.

He probably finally gained his wife's trust back after 2 yrs, so now her guard is down and he can go out and play again.

It would be best to block him and go no contact. Are you in a relationship?

Now he mailed me last week, and was hinting he was thinking of old memories etc.

He sent some songs (he knew they meant something to us both)

And is now telling me I look fantastic and that I always did.

If he is still with his wife, I would steer clear. I'm guessing he is questioning the choice he made to go back to her, perhaps because things aren't going well in his marriage (not surprising since he has one foot in and one foot out). An affair doesn't seem like a solid foundation for a good future relationship. If his marriage ends on its own terms and he seeks you out (and you are not already taken), that's one thing. But repeating history doesn't seem like the way to go. Unless you enjoyed the experience of getting caught ...

Want you back? He didn't want you in the first place. He got caught and dropped you like a hot potato!

He wants to put some sizzle back in his marriage and he thinks, after two years of lying low, he is now in the safe zone. Or maybe another affair has just ended. He knows you were willing last time and is hoping you will be again. I doubt he has any intentions of leaving his wife so what is the point? Sometimes tells me that you are ready and waiting to jump straight back in again. More fool you.

I'm not really sure what answers you're looking for here because it shouldn't matter what HE wants. He is off limits! Where the hell are your morals? If you're looking for any positive remarks or encouragement on embarking on an affair, you ain't gonna get it here!

I'm surprised he was able to get through to you. I'm surprised you don't understand that by contacting you, he's seeing if you're of such low self-worth that you'd contact him back and get that **** started all over again.

If you have the least bit of self-respect, you'll ignore his bait and if you can't do that, the least you could do was tell him to tell it to his wife and leave you the hell alone and THEN block and delete him from getting through to you yet again.

Have you learned from your relationship mistakes or are you going to go all "Ground Hog Day"

I know I already commented, but just wanted to ask that you please not be a homewrecker. People like you help destroy marriages. If he's going to be a cheater and hurt his wife - which he will do with or without you - at least don't help him out and make it so easy for him. How would you like to be in his wife's position? Or your ex-husband's, for that matter. Not too fun when you're the one being crapped on.

have you asked him?

I'm in the same situation, affair restarted after 5 years. He is still with his partner, I am single again. He talks about things changing in the future (we are also long distance, fun times!).

Oh dear Lord. He hasn't made a single change in 5 years and you're still expecting him to. How incredibly naive (or rather, stupid). Oh well, it's your life to waste!

have you asked him?

I'm in the same situation, affair restarted after 5 years. He is still with his partner, I am single again. He talks about things changing in the future (we are also long distance, fun times!).

What a lovely people you both are, can't you find someone single who lives locally rather than traveling to help ruin someone else life?

• 2 weeks later...
Soooo the question here is ...why? Why the contact why tell me this? The other songs were all about love and missing somebody.

He want me back?.....flirting? ....just wanting contact?

I'm guessing that if he wanted anything deeper than an affair, he'd have told you his marriage is over. He's either using you for a bit of an ego boost, and seeing if he can still string you along for a bit - or, indeed, he'd like to get you back as the other woman to his wife, whom he has no intention of leaving. Perhaps another affair has come to and end, and it's time to chance it again.

Whatever, the real significance of this is that it's time to make sure this cheating **** is out of your life for good. That's if you want to keep any self-respect at all!

Archived