Finding love in late 20s

keepingfaith45

Hey everyone,

I'm a 26 years old girl and I've been single for about 4 years now. I was in a relationship once before for 4 years, and I guess I've just wanted to be single for the sake of finding my own ground again. I don't regret it at all, but now I feel old and dating seems hard. So, I guess I'm looking for some sappy love stories of people who found love in their late 20s - simply as an ode to the hopeful singles out there braving through yet another solo Valentine's day weekend

Thank you!!

awww mannnn - maybe I should've left the Valentine's day bit out lol

My office has been sharing love stories and asking me what they should get their significant others andddd I thought it was kinda cute lol

roses and chocolates are nice on any day really but let's be honest, sometimes it takes a man made holiday to prompt the gesture lol

awww mannnn - maybe I should've left the Valentine's day bit out lol

My office has been sharing love stories and asking me what they should get their significant others andddd I thought it was kinda cute lol

roses and chocolates are nice on any day really but let's be honest, sometimes it takes a man made holiday to prompt the gesture lol

Actually, I buy my wife flowers, chocolates and take her out for dinner/or cook dinner on regular basis. Not because of some made up holiday, just because.

What a man does on HOLIDAY or ONE DAY is irrelevant. You should value what they do on regular basis, that's what really matters.

Wow late 20's, absolutely ancient, is it time to enter a nursing home yet?

Well, I found love in my 20's, then again in my 30's and now, for the last time in my late 40's early 50's.

Loved them all until I didn't

You're never too old for romance.

I went out with my fiancé for the first date at a coffee shop. We talked for hours, it just felt so comfortable. We've been inseparable since. We were there for each other through the deaths of three of our parents. Some of the worst times of my life and it didn't make a dent. She's great with my three grown children. We enjoy each other. We hike, bike, camp, canoe, travel, it's all good. And unlike past relationships we rarely argue and we never go to bed mad. Took me till now to understand what a really great relationship can be.

For Valentines we're off to our favorite restaurant in Montreal and then a night at the Hilton. We are a sickeningly nice couple.

My girlfriend's brother and sister planned a siblings retreat this weekend since they'll have an extra day off for President's Day on Monday. That also means it'd be during Valentine's Day and she'll be gone. This might be my best Valentine's Day yet.

We don't need Valentine's Day. We have date nights.

Don't worry OP, you've still got like 4 solid years to find love.

It's a fake holiday that we celebrate because everyone else does. You shouldn't need to wait until a socially recognized day to show your feelings in a relationship, and I dislike the pressure that the day places on the notion of being in a relationship.

To be honest, dating in your late 20's PROBABLY just means you had enough sense to dodge the major bullets of youth...

Enjoy valentine's day and all, but I don't think it deserves to be any bigger than a random surprise any other time of the year.

It's a fake holiday that we celebrate because everyone else does. You shouldn't need to wait until a socially recognized day to show your feelings in a relationship, and I dislike the pressure that the day places on the notion of being in a relationship.

Shhhhhh.....Be careful. Hallmark and Mars© might be reading this!!

Shhhhhh.....Be careful. Hallmark and Mars© might be reading this!!

There's a card for "sorry I foiled your plan", right?

(Honestly it has less to do with greeting card companies and more to do with a dead goat, long story short I tried the authentic celebration once and she was less than impressed. To be fair I did a great job cooking and had a great time... We laughed about it eventually)

Hey everyone,

I'm a 26 years old girl and I've been single for about 4 years now. I was in a relationship once before for 4 years, and I guess I've just wanted to be single for the sake of finding my own ground again. I don't regret it at all, but now I feel old and dating seems hard. So, I guess I'm looking for some sappy love stories of people who found love in their late 20s - simply as an ode to the hopeful singles out there braving through yet another solo Valentine's day weekend

Thank you!!

You're not old - people find love at every age, thank goodness - but dating can be hard, that's sure! I was basically single for over four years from 21-.5-26. I dated one guy for a couple of months and had another short romance, but no boyfriends, no falling at love. And then I met my now-fiancé a month after I turned 26. We met on an adventure trip; he sat next to me on the bus ride home. I liked him so much that I moved to his country so we could be together, now he's moving to my country with me.

I don't consider that I found him "late" at all. In fact, I feel quite young to get married. Late twenties is a great age to meet someone. I have so many great friends who are 26-30 and single.

Hey everyone,

Thank you!!

My mom found love at 15,26 and 47. Love is not a thing only the very young get to find. 26 is really still a spring chicken.

Archived