Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Last movie you watched?, Part 2

Ac143

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Stevie" with Glenda Jackson. I"m a huge fan of hers. Went to see her on Broadway a two weeks ago in "Three Tall Women". She was remarkable and gave a tour de force performance. Also, Laurie Metcalf, who plays Jackie on Roseanne, was in it, too and she was amazing.

I'm trying to find anything on youtube with Glenda Jackson in it, even her MP speeches in the House of Parliament. I ran across "Hedda", which so far I've found Jackson's performance, Ingrid Bergman's and Diana Rigg's performances in the role.

• 2 weeks later...

The Fugitive with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones. Forgot what a great movie that was.

When I was a kid, I watched the old black and white series with my dad. So, I've always known and loved the way that the movie honored the original story. My boyfriend had never heard of the series. He just thought The Fugitive was a cool movie and had no idea that a lot of it referenced an older story. It never occurred to me before, but I bet most people our age have his point of view.

• 1 month later...

"A View From The Top" with Gwyneth Paltrow, Christina Applegate, Mike Myers, Mark Ruffalo.

I wasn't sure I was gonna like it, but it was absolutely hysterical! All the players were funny!

My boyfriend thought it was funny too, and that says A LOT! lol

And if you want to see a good girl fight, it has that too (Applegate and Paltrow towards the end).