Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: benign tumour in my brain

Thank you! It is good to hear everyone's stories! I feel much more calm than yesterday and will probably be able to sleep fine again tonight!

Platinum Member
    I have no experience but I just want to say that it is good to know what was causing your trigeminal neuralgia. I have heard that is extremely painful.

Glad to know it is benign. Once you meet with the ear doc and the oncologist you will know more and have a good plan of action.

Thinking of you! Hang in there

Thank you! Yes TN is excruciating, and i am glad they found the cause, the only downside is that if treated it doesn't mean the TN will go away and can in fact get even worse.
    I am now pain free for a few months and then the pain hits me and lasts around 2 to 4 weeks, so that sure is no fun, it's hell in fact, every little movement with your face hurts and every touch of the face hurts and nothing helps. But at least i have pain free periods as well.
    I have meds now that are also prescribed for epilepsy and those calm all the nerves so they have severe side effects and I'm dreading the next attack and having to start with those meds.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am thinking of you. Hugs.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by sara-pezzini
    got diagnosed yesterday, and i have a 2cm benign tumour in my brain, it is called Acoustic Neuroma
    does anybody have any experiences with this or know of someone who does? please no horror stories, i am freaking out enough as it is.
    but i wonder, did anybody have it and got radiation or surgery and have some encouraging words for me?
    it feels weird that there is this thing in my head...probably been there for years since it grows really slow, usually around 1-2mm a year, didn't have real symptoms until i developed trigeminal neuralgia, excruciating pains in my lower jaw that came and went, dentist send me to neurologist, got an mri and this came out.....
    My mom does. Has had it for years. Has not grown, nor had any problems with it. She gets it checked annually.

Thanks holly,good to hear that that might actually work! Does she have any symptoms at all?

Sending good vibes your way, Sara. We're always here for you.

Thank you! Everybody thanks, it helps calm my nerves!

Very sorry to hear your news, Sara. The positive in all of this is that it is benign and you will be fine. Try and stay positive and just do what the professionals tell you now. It will be okay. I think we all know someone that has had a benign tumor removed and continued to live a healthy life with regular checkups.

i had a good night's sleep, the headache is gone now, i do have some slight dizzyness that i had more often, never thought about it, just thinking, oh i ate to little or whatever, but guess that is the tumor as well....been testing my hearing myself a little and i can still hear reasonably well with that ear so that is good as well, that makes surgery less likely.
    am a lot calmer now, and will take it as it comes, can't really change anything about it so....it will be fine!

Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice