Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

benign tumour in my brain

sara-pezzini

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just catching up now , so hope you are tucked up in bed fast asleep ..sleep ,proper sleep is going to help , the body needs to shut off to get on with repairing itself and also for your mental state .. you have gone through a lot and it has drained you .

Thankyou vic xx I will be making my way back and catching up with everyone ...things just gone off the boil , bit its cool ..all good and I do still read to make sure everyone doing ok x

sending you sweet dreams sara x

Haha thank you! I think the comfy blanket landed a bit hard though cause I've been wide awake for 2 hours now. Doc warned the most common side effect is getting nervous and agitated but i hoped my TN meds would prevent that.

But alas

I woke up 2 hours ago feeling so very nervous! And I'm shaking all over, couldn't sleep anymore so not a fun drug!

I'm also very hungry but not going to give into to eating in the middle of the night!

Gonna try sleep again but i thought to distract myself I'd better do something for a bit.....

also the holes in the back of my head started leaking. And this is beating fluid I've been told. Yuck!

Pillow was soaked haha.thank god the ones on my forehead don't leak.

The way they are all positioned is jjust good enough that you can sleep on your side, not the back cause they hurt. But i sleep on my side anyways.

Well off to trying again.....

Back now, no didn't manage to get back to sleep sadly so was up real early.

Mom just came over for a while and while she was here a huge bouquet of flowers came from my work!

Mom could put it in a vase, almost lost a finger in the process, the vast just broke just like that, on its own. Blood everywhere, me bandaging mom up. Phew lots of excitement and work!

But she takes blood thinners after her heart infarct, so it looked so bad, but even so, the wounds were pretty deep. Yikes!

I wondered about that. Is that ok to have it leaking? Is there a risk of infection then? Thinking of you and your healing.

Yeah that's normal, i have to put something on it to prevent infection but the holes should heal very soon, they're tiny!

They don't leak anymore today....they're just a bit swollen and I'm careful not to mess around with them to prevent infection.

I had read all about that online before the procedure so i was prepared for it, it's weird though.

I'm also extremely tired, just took a long nap, it's funny how much of an attack this is on your body.

Also no appetite for crap, so that's good! Just healthy stuff

Think after reading more that the blogs of the patients with this type of tumor exaggerated with the brain fluid, they all call it that but from what i read it's not, just fluid.

I don't remember exactly what the doc said but probably just used the word fluid and i thought, ah yes i read about that.

Stupid people exaggerating, i hate that!

So think it's just fluid! Ha!

My neurologist said to read up about this tumor online but not read the horror stories, well how do you differentiate? He was certainly lacking, to just send me home with no info and to go figure it out for myself....

got a sweet mail from my boss, he said he was impressed with my story and to take time to process this all.....sweet!

Haha yeah well....we had some fun with it as well....

Got a new symptom doc mentioned, my eye lids are swollen,especially the left one so it looks like someone punched me in the eye haha.

So weird all this!

If in 10 years i will re-read this journal it will be a a vague memory but nice to have in writing.....

That's so sweet! I'm okay but cannot take too much at the moment, too much TV or noise or talking or visitors and my head starts to hurt in a weird way and I'm still extremely tired and do basically nothing.

Some nights sleep are better than others, the meds are okay, so all in all it needs time apparently!

The holes are closed but do still hurt and the top of my head is still numb

Archived