Women, would you date a handsome man?

lerira

I'm talking handsome handsome face and a killer body. Brad Pitt, and the like. Let's say his personality is pleasant and he's got the attributes you're looking for.

For those of you who say yes, do you think you're a very attractive women?

For those who say no, do you think you're a more average looking woman?

Would you be threatened by other beautiful women checking him out? Let's say he preferred a size 2-4 woman, would you be weary of weight gain? Would you think it's harsh if he'd prefer a woman within that size range, and if she went to a size 6-8, he's be less attracted to her? Or would hassle her about losing weight?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go for personality over looks anyday. As in if someone wasnt as good looking but they were nicer, I'd go for the nicer guy. If i got on with a good looking guy and he really liked me, I'd go for it. But I wouldnt feel pressure to change, or look good all the time. I'd figure they were with me, for me, and if they were that shallow that if I gained weight they'd dump me, good riddance.

Eh, probably not...like you said, he's probably expect his mate to be of the same level of attractiveness as him. I don't think I fit that bill so I wouldn't even look at him.

I've dated attractive men before and other women liked them. I didn't feel threatened. I mean, they were with me, not others!

But yeah, he probably would expect me to look a certain way and nope, I'm just not that. And no, I wouldn't be pressured into changing my appearance for him. I'd rather date someone who likes me the way I look now, not all "dolled up" into something I'm not.

BTW, Brat Pitt isn't the hottest guy out there, IMO. He always looks like he's bored. Now George Clooney? He's a studmuffin. But I'd NEVER date him. He's a self-conceited jerk, from what I've heard. No wonder he's single. But gosh darn, he's handsome!

I agree with Sapphire, personality > looks ANYDAY in my book

i'm no woman...but i'm curious about the replies.

i have a funny habit of NOT pursuing women that i'm extremely attracted to. i think maybe it has something to do with what you're talking about. perhaps it's insecurity. so much emphasis on physical attractiveness...i think it makes this whole process alot more difficult...but also alot more intriguing. why do i conclude that i won't measure up to someone, just because i think she's attractive? it's a bit goofy.

so...to flip the tables...i probably wouldn't approach a woman that i was extremely attracted to. time to investigate that methinks. hmmmm....

Eh, probably not...like you said, he's probably expect his mate to be of the same level of attractiveness as him. I don't think I fit that bill so I wouldn't even look at him.

But yeah, he probably would expect me to look a certain way and nope, I'm just not that. And no, I wouldn't be pressured into changing my appearance for him. I'd rather date someone who likes me the way I look now, not all "dolled up" into something I'm not.

not fingerwagging here, fudgie...just curious. why would an attractive man automatically expect his mate to be on the same level in that department? is it possible that that's a bit of a distorted perception?

maybe it's true. there seems to be all kinds of evidence to support that particular perspective. unconscious assumptions about others...they're just there...but how often are they accurate?

I'd date him if I liked him. Sounds like a catch.

I wouldn't be threatened by other women. Depends on how he acts around them. I would be turned off by his preferences for size ranges though. Do you realize how small a 2-4 is? If he hassled a woman about her weight, I would never consider dating him.

Yes, a size 2-4 is small. I am a size 2. Personally, I love being a size 2, I do not starve myself at all. I eat very healthy compared to most Americans, I exercise, and so on. And to me, it is very important that I remain a size 2-4 all my life. I think if a woman is gaining and gaining weight, until she becomes overweight, then obese, and if the partner is trying his best to make her lose the weight but she isn't, then drop her. She obviously stopped caring about herself.

Yes, a size 2-4 is small. I am a size 2. Personally, I love being a size 2, I do not starve myself at all. I eat very healthy compared to most Americans, I exercise, and so on. And to me, it is very important that I remain a size 2-4 all my life. I think if a woman is gaining and gaining weight, until she becomes overweight, then obese, and if the partner is trying his best to make her lose the weight but she isn't, then drop her. She obviously stopped caring about herself.

Unless she gets pregnant.....or gets sick and loses her hair in chemotherapy......or gets in a car wreck and gets scarred for life........

No thanks - I don't want someone who places so much emphasis on physical appearance. Your life can change on a dime.

not fingerwagging here, fudgie...just curious. why would an attractive man automatically expect his mate to be on the same level in that department? is it possible that that's a bit of a distorted perception?

maybe it's true. there seems to be all kinds of evidence to support that particular perspective. unconscious assumptions about others...they're just there...but how often are they accurate?

OP said "let's say he preferred 2-4 size" women. So I'm going off that.

Not all handsome men may expect their women to look that way. I'm just going off what she said.

Yeah, count me out too. I wouldn't want a partner so focused on looks.

My boyfriend is 370 and I love him no matter how much he weighs. He is trying to lose but it's a long process.

Sometimes women have metabolic disorders and it happens. This is what happened to me. I'm glad my boyfriend is still with me. Now I'm getting surgery for it and I'll be much thinner with time. But he's very kind and I know that he loves me no matter what I look like.

-Women, would you date a handsome man? I'm talking handsome handsome face and a killer body. Brad Pitt, and the like. Let's say his personality is pleasant and he's got the attributes you're looking for.

I'd feel intimidated. The only thing swaying me here is that he'd have the personality attributes I'm looking for.

-For those who say no, do you think you're a more average looking woman?

I think I'm average but others say I'm above average.

-Would you be threatened by other beautiful women checking him out?

Totally. It has happened and I felt awfull. Particularly because he wasn't very practical and I felt that I was the one with the brains and he was the one with the looks.

-Let's say he preferred a size 2-4 woman, would you be weary of weight gain?

I wouldn't be able to relax, I've always been curvy.

-Would you think it's harsh if he'd prefer a woman within that size range, and if she went to a size 6-8, he's be less attracted to her? Or would hassle her about losing weight?

Each to their own but it does seem a bit strict. People are more than just their weight.

Yeah, count me out too. I wouldn't want a partner so focused on looks.

My boyfriend is 370 and I love him no matter how much he weighs. He is trying to lose but it's a long process.

Sometimes women have metabolic disorders and it happens. This is what happened to me. I'm glad my boyfriend is still with me. Now I'm getting surgery for it and I'll be much thinner with time. But he's very kind and I know that he loves me no matter what I look like.

But he is obese. Which is why he understands. If another person had your disorder, they would be probably much more understanding than a person who didn't have it. So you chose a partner that would resemble your weight, if that makes sense. Because that makes you more comfortable than standing next to let's say, a six-pack guy like the Situation (let's put his personality aside).

No, I would not be threatened by "beautiful" women checking him out...because I am really picky on what I find beautiful. and again, no, I pretty much don't have to be weary of weight gain. I am rail thin myself, always have been. I have a problem gaining weight. I'm actually technically losing as we speak.

The only thing I think a "Brad Pitt" type would not like about me is my breast size. lol I'm ridiculously tiny. Which tends to be the reason I go for skinny guys.

"I'm talking handsome handsome face and a killer body. Brad Pitt, and the like. Let's say his personality is pleasant and he's got the attributes you're looking for.

For those who say no, do you think you're a more average looking woman?"

Personally, this is the kind of man that I think is in my league and I actually tend to go for men who are "beneath" that. I am a size 2-4, closer to the size 2 range and can get RIDICULOUSLY handsome men after me.

But...to answer your question. No. That's not what floats my boat, if you know what I mean.

I like rugged, handsome men, that are dark and hairy! lol facial hair does not bother me and I LOVE long, shaggy hair on a man. Think like, Criss Angel...only....he's a bit too muscular, and I'm not joking.

I like rail thin guys. Skinny boys turn me on. lol

A skinny guy, with dark hair and facial hair...hell ya. lol

This doesn't mean I would pass up a Brad Pitt type, if he were to fall into my path and we just "cliqued", but um...that's just too good looking for me and I actually rate myself as being that good looking. I can go back and forth from beauty queen to Avril Lavigne, but I'm more attracted to the Avril Lavigne look, so that is what I stick with most.

Hence, the reason for being attracted to the rockers!

"Would you be threatened by other beautiful women checking him out? Let's say he preferred a size 2-4 woman, would you be weary of weight gain? Would you think it's harsh if he'd prefer a woman within that size range, and if she went to a size 6-8, he's be less attracted to her? Or would hassle her about losing weight?"

No, I would not be threatened by "beautiful" women checking him out...because I am really picky on what I find beautiful. and again, no, I pretty much don't have to be weary of weight gain. I am rail thin myself, always have been. I have a problem gaining weight. I'm actually technically losing as we speak.

The only thing I think a "Brad Pitt" type would not like about me is my breast size. lol I'm ridiculously tiny. Which tends to be the reason I go for skinny guys.

But he is obese. Which is why he understands. If another person had your disorder, they would be probably much more understanding than a person who didn't have it. So you chose a partner that would resemble your weight, if that makes sense. Because that makes you more comfortable than standing next to let's say, a six-pack guy like the Situation (let's put his personality aside).

I'm nowhere near his weight. He weighs over 2x as much as I do. I tell people I'm getting the surgery and they don't believe that I'm getting it because they don't think I need it because I don't even look that heavy.

After I get the surgery and time passes and I'm much thinner, I'll still stay with him.

I have always been heavier and have dated handsome men who were not my weight. Didn't have a problem.

Sometimes I think I'm nearer to average, sometimes I think I look amazing. It's all in the angles. Would I date this man that I think is gorgous and (well...) nice? I'd be a fool not to.

Would I be bothered by other women checking him out? Not unless he was checking them back and being obnoxious about it.

If he preferred someone who wore 2-4 (6-8 UK?) then he wouldn't be with me in the first place. I'm not fat, but I am solid. I have a tomboys build. If he wanted slender, he's barking up the wrong tree. And if he's going to try and make me feel bad, like I should make my body conform to his ideal... I'd get rid. That kind of person isn't worth much. He can be as hot as he wants, but if he's out to wreck someone's self-esteem, he's pretty ugly himself.

Geeze, Im a size uk 8, and guys actually tell me I should put more weight on. Most guys I know like a girl to look healthy and not starved. And If I was with someone and they put weight on, I'd stay with them, and have. And even tried to help them when they wanted to lose weight but not nagged them for not trying to lose it.

One of my friends who is married, his wife gained loads of weight for years, and then lost it, and he stayed with her even when she was literally obese, now shes slim again but he stands by the fact he loved her and found her attractive any which way.

I'm talking handsome handsome face and a killer body. Brad Pitt, and the like. Let's say his personality is pleasant and he's got the attributes you're looking for.

- Looks are great, but it would be his personality that would attract me. Looks fade, for both men and women. As someone told me: marry someone you can stand, because when sex and looks fade, you need to be able to stand them.

I'm not ugly, but what may be attractive to someone may be a turn off for others.

Would you be threatened by other beautiful women checking him out? Let's say he preferred a size 2-4 woman, would you be weary of weight gain?

No, I wouldn't. People do look in general. If he would only date me at that size (and I am all about being healthy), then he's not what I am looking for.

Would you think it's harsh if he'd prefer a woman within that size range, and if she went to a size 6-8, he's be less attracted to her? Or would hassle her about losing weight

Again, I would not date him. What's wrong with being a size 6 or 8? Both sizes are indicative of a healthy woman. What if she gets sick, or pregnant? No one should change or starve to impress someone else. Losing weight is a personal journey, one in which should be promoted in a positive way. If a woman (or man) gains weight while dating or in marriage... then that should be a topic of discussion between them if a loss of attraction occurs. Many cannot be a sized 2 regardless. If that same attractive man still loves her, then bless him.

I do find it funny OP that you feel that you need to stay a size 2-4 all your life. Sure, eating well and exercising is important to health, but would you risk your happiness on it? If you went up to a size 6 after pregnancy or menopause, would you try to make drastic changes just to maintain one size? Would you dump a guy if he gained 30-50 pounds, or is this just about the women?

Everything she said ^^^^^^. OP, one can lose their looks for many reasons - not taking care of one's self is just one reason. We aren't always going to be perfect. I can work out 7 days a week and I am still not going to have the body that I did at 22. I would not want to be with a man who would expect me to look the same for all of my days. And unless you are dating Dorian Gray, neither will he.

Yes, I would, and have, but honestly, I don't think I would date a guy who preferred a different type to begin with, no matter how attractive or wonderful he was. If he's looking for someone different than me from the start, why bother?

This. I'd date a handsome guy, but if he doesn't like my body type, why do I bother?! There are other attractive guys who like a 6-8 size, I'd rather go for them.

Size 8 here and guys love it. I've been told by doctors not to lose weight (because I'm smack dab in the middle of healthy BMI). I work out and eat very healthy. But, I have hips and thick thighs.

You don't need to be a size 2-4 to take care of yourself or look good. I take very good care of myself.

Archived