Women, would you date a handsome man?

lerira

I think they are both attractive in different ways. I can't decide which is "better" because they are different.

And yeah, hour glass figure isn't really made up of muscles. You can have both, of course, but what makes an hour glass are the hips. Having a little "extra" on them makes them stick out, while you stay thinner in the middle, and then you have the curve of your breasts. That's hour glass.

I don't know, maybe I'm not a good judge of beauty, as there are very few women who I consider unattractive as a whole. EVeryone has good traits.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure what the purpose of this question is. It just seems to be about self reassurance about why skinny is good, and the other questions just seem...like obvious questions to answer.

Yes, size two is skinny, a little too skinny for some. Yes, many men prefer curves..including the very handsome men. Everyone has their preference, but the best is always when there is a bit of a balance. You shouldn't be too obsessed with your weight. There is an obesidity epidemic in the US, but also many women who go the other extreme end.

I don't see her as huge and obese either, but she is overweight. To me, curvy is moderately muscular. There are many women out there that don't exercise at all, are overweight and make excuses for themselves saying they are curvy.

If Ricky Lee is curvy, then what is CharlieJames1975? Muscles make curves. That woman up top has flabbiness.

you gotta be kidding me! She is NOT curvy, she just has HUGE FAKE boobs and no hips, if that is curvy to you, then I can say any girl can have a curvy body with some money.

Hm, perhaps. It's just that American women are very, very fat. The average American woman is a size 14, and I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that is downright huge and obese, considering what the average height is. I just don't understand how much food you can put in you. And yes, there are those with metabolic problems, etc. But let's face it, not every overweight American has metabolic issues. I can understand overweight, but obese seems so prevalent in America, it really disgusts me.

I don't have a body image problem at all.

Also, as far as the guys. I've been surprised to find that for example, a mildly attractive skinny guy wanted a thin beautiful girl.....and a bit overweight ugly guy wanted a thin, beautiful girl. What makes these guys think they deserve these girls considering they don't fit the criteria?

Just a fyi, I'm the same size as you. I'm just saying that there are other women of different sizes and they aren't exactly unhealthy. Looking at the BMI scale, I can weigh at least another 15 pounds or so and be considered in healthy range. There is no one set size of what is healthy and good looking. You are very set on being a size 2 and I'm just wondering as to why. Would it be that big of a difference to be a size 4? Why is it that a 2 is what is considered to be "perfect" to you?

I'm talking handsome handsome face and a killer body. Brad Pitt, and the like. Let's say his personality is pleasant and he's got the attributes you're looking for.

For those of you who say yes, do you think you're a very attractive women?

For those who say no, do you think you're a more average looking woman?

Would you be threatened by other beautiful women checking him out? Let's say he preferred a size 2-4 woman, would you be weary of weight gain? Would you think it's harsh if he'd prefer a woman within that size range, and if she went to a size 6-8, he's be less attracted to her? Or would hassle her about losing weight?

I'd date him if he were a nice, attractive guy. I'm not a fan of brad pitt but i can roll with the analogy and pretend you said colin farreel. lol yes, i would and no, i wouldn't care. because if he were with me, he'd want me. never mind the other girls. there will always be better looking, smarter women out there. i'm uniquely me and there's more to me than a pretty average face.

Considering I was bulimic for ten years, I could NEVER date a man who hassled me about my weight, nor would I consider such a man to be a "nice guy." No thank you. I have dated my fair share of attractive men in the past, and all of them have had a lot of external female attention. All of them eventually left me to be free of a relationship so they could mess around with other women. I do consider myself a good looking woman in the classic sense. I'm a size 6-8 and I consider that HEALTHY...I was 89 pounds when I was a size 2 (big hips). My fiance always tells me I'm beautiful, and I know he means it. I am extremely attracted to him though that has come mainly from time spent and emotions developed between us. Keep in mind that beauty fades and eventually we are all old and gray so it is much wiser to pick a good partner who treats you well than one who is "hott."

Size 2 is healthy, as long as the height meets the criteria. Not sure why so many people on this forum have a thing against size 2. Maybe because they aren't. Honestly, I would not date an overweight person. That's just me.

But where has anyone said or even implied that they had something against a size 2?

Hm, why do people associate size 2 with gaunt, skinny, counting ribs image? I have curves. Think Adriana Lima. Hour-glass body. That's me.

And here again. I believe the person you responded to said that when she was a size 2, she looked gaunt and skinny. If you look good as a size 2, that's great. What people are trying to say is that not everyone can pull it off. I was a size 0 for awhile, and it hurt to sleep on my side because my hip bone didn't have enough cushion. That obviously was too skinny for me. Yet, I know plenty of girls who are size 0's and it's the right size for them.

OP, I am not quite sure why you keep pushing the fact that you are a size 2 and anything above that is dreadful..and why you are so concerned about who would date a handsome man and if they would, if they consider themselves attractive. Why so much emphasis on looks and body type?

^^ I was wondering the same thing. The topic title is about dating a handsome man, yet the entire thread seems to be about the OP being a size 2 and nothing else. OP, what has you being a size 2 have anything at all to do with asking women if they would date a handsome man??

^^ I was wondering the same thing. The topic title is about dating a handsome man, yet the entire thread seems to be about the OP being a size 2 and nothing else. OP, what has you being a size 2 have anything at all to do with asking women if they would date a handsome man??

I agree, but maybe she is concerned a more handsome man would leave her if she doesn't retain her size 2 stature? I think this just depends on the man and his feelings for you, not how handsome he is. Although a handsome man can get more women.

I think there are some body image issues going on judging from the OP's posts regarding "fat" people. I have met enough people with food/weight internal issues and have noticed that same kind of mocking/angry reaction to those who are not thin and are not as focused on having a perfect body.

Well I´m a size 7 and I´m very happy with it, most of the men I know prefer women with a little more meat on their bones. And to be honest with you I prefer the same in men. just more of them and me to love!! But as to your question, I would date a man as long as I liked him but I don´t like shallow men so more than likely I would not date a man who judges on looks that much.

I'm talking handsome handsome face and a killer body. Brad Pitt, and the like. Let's say his personality is pleasant and he's got the attributes you're looking for.

For those of you who say yes, do you think you're a very attractive women?

For those who say no, do you think you're a more average looking woman?

Would you be threatened by other beautiful women checking him out? Let's say he preferred a size 2-4 woman, would you be weary of weight gain? Would you think it's harsh if he'd prefer a woman within that size range, and if she went to a size 6-8, he's be less attracted to her? Or would hassle her about losing weight?

Um...is an American size 6 considered chubby? If I am not mistaken that is equal to a UK size 10, which is my size, and I have always considered myself to be slim.

I wouldn't date that guy if he had such shallow prefrences. I mean it's fine to not want your partner to gain a load of weight as attraction is important but if he preferred such small women and made me feel overweight when usually I consider myself slim then I would want him out of my life.

Other than that I would be with him, I mean I'd expect him to turn away any women flirting with him out of respect for me so it shouldn't really matter. I take a long time to trust someone's interest in me, someone has to be persistent with me and therefore if they spent so much time gaining my trust I wouldn't expect them to run off with someone else instantly (it could happen but I wouldn't expect it as likely). My boyfriend spent ages talking to me and said I kept going hot and cold and I didn't even realise! As long as he was a good person, geninely cared about me and wasn't arrogant about his looks/a player/flirty/vain/putting me down then it's all good.

As for my attractiveness, I call myself average, my boyfriend says he saw me as incredibley hot the first time he saw me, beauty is all in the eye of the beholder.

Sounds like you just want some reassurance that you can date a jerk who looks like Brad Pitt who's likely to treat you like garbage and cheat on you, and that it will be a good experience for you.

You know something else that superficial hot guys appreciate just as much as a skinny girl? Youth - and there's nothing you can do to stop yourself from aging.

Way to slam Americans btw - that should gain you some fans.

Sounds like you just want some reassurance that you can date a jerk who looks like Brad Pitt who's likely to treat you like garbage and cheat on you, and that it will be a good experience for you.

You know something else that superficial hot guys appreciate just as much as a skinny girl? Youth - and there's nothing you can do to stop yourself from aging.

I am confused, is this directed at me? The only reason I even considered this is because I did mention America in my post, but hardly in an offensive way. Nothing else about this would make sense to what I said so forgive me if I am mistaken.

I am confused, is this directed at me? The only reason I even considered this is because I did mention America in my post, but hardly in an offensive way. Nothing else about this would make sense to what I said so forgive me if I am mistaken.

Pretty sure it was to the OP. She has been saying that most americans are hugely fat because the average clothes size here is 14.

The last man I dated and fell for (who led me to find this forum), was, in my opinion, very handsome. Exceedingly handsome for 51. 6 feet 1 inch, lean muscular body, handsome chiseled face, dark brown eyes and a full head of dark hair with a shock of gray. Boyish looks, winning smile. I hate to generalize based on my experience with him, but I do believe that very good looking men in my age range (I am 49) who are still single are not the best picks for dating. Maybe younger, good looking guys are not as bad but when they hit 50 and they are still hot, and they are still single, most of them are also having a midlife crisis. So a woman near their age just doesn't cut it, they have to be with someone much younger, 10-20 years younger.

So I learned recently, just how "ugly" Mr. Handsome is as I happened upon his profile on a free online site, one I used to be on. One thing he wrote (well, he says his age is 45 when he's actually 51....hmmm): "At the risk of sounding superficial, if you are 40 something and look your age then I'm not the one for you". Goddamn. Can't get much more ageist than that, can you? This is a man who does not want children yet he has his desired age range as 33-45.

My sister (who is 57) married a man (53) this year who is not at all what I would consider handsome. If I met him at an event or saw him accross a crowded room, he would not register as good looking - at all. But getting to know him over the last several years, I can see why she married him. He is just a wonderful, giving, warm person. Just typing that brings tears to my eyes as I hope I am as fortunate as she was to find him. When I see him now, as I will today at Thanksgiving, he seems handsome to me - and he has such a way with touch, with hugs and the way he will hold your hand as he listens intently to what you are saying. I am still suffering over the rejection from the "handsome" man who dumped me (we still work together) as I was not young enough but still hopeful that I will find a loving man, looks or no looks, as I KNOW having met my sister's husband that one's looks can become irrelevant if they have a good heart.

Oh and BTW, I am a size 2 but I'm only 5 feet 1.5 inches so it works for me. I also believe that a size 2 USED to be a size 4 but the manufacturers who invented size 0 and size 00 in the last 15-20 years did so in order to make women feel that were a smaller size. Our culture/the media is constantly belittling women, trying to make us feel badly so we'll buy more stuff and more clothing and more beauty products in that futile quest for perfection (which as we know, does not exist).

Why do people automatically correlate a Brad Pitt type of guy with a cheater and a jerk?

I'm dating a Brad Pitt and he's far from being a cheater or a jerk.

Have you met Brad Pitt personally to say he's a cheater and a jerk?

Oh and Americans are fat. I'm not slamming them. It's a fact. Look up statistics on who's the fattest out there or who ranks top 5.

I am American myself and I'm disgusted by how fat Americans are.

Archived