Women, would you date a handsome man?

lerira

Size 8 here and guys love it. I've been told by doctors not to lose weight (because I'm smack dab in the middle of healthy BMI). I work out and eat very healthy. But, I have hips and thick thighs.

You don't need to be a size 2-4 to take care of yourself or look good. I take very good care of myself.

Same, I'm a size 6 or 8 at my bottom half. I personally would rather to be thinner. But guys seem to love my figure anyway since most of my weight is in the right places.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...I guess at a size 12 I must be a total cow and unattractive to anyone! I know slim men who love women who are even bigger than size 12. Handsome man, not so handsome man, size 2 vs size 8, size 12 etc.....none of it has anything to do with a person's personality and character and what hangups they have that can destroy a relationship. In the grand scheme of things it is the personality, character and actions of the person which will make or break a relationship, not their looks or the clothes size they wear.

I'm talking handsome handsome face and a killer body. Brad Pitt, and the like. Let's say his personality is pleasant and he's got the attributes you're looking for.

For those of you who say yes, do you think you're a very attractive women?

For those who say no, do you think you're a more average looking woman?

Would you be threatened by other beautiful women checking him out? Let's say he preferred a size 2-4 woman, would you be weary of weight gain? Would you think it's harsh if he'd prefer a woman within that size range, and if she went to a size 6-8, he's be less attracted to her? Or would hassle her about losing weight?

I've never dated someone that I didn't think was hot, so yeah, I would. No, I wouldn't be threatened. I guess it would depend on how much he preferred a size 2-4 woman. I'm pretty small but every once in awhile I gain some weight that takes me awhile to lose and the people I've been with have always found it cute. I haven't been able to wear a size 2 since I turned 22 anyway.

I would date someone with a combination of what appeals to me. sexiness and charisma, i feel ( for me) don't come froom physical appeareance, but from how they wear themselves. I could like on them as little as their hair, or their eyes, or their bum, but what would suck me in would be in their gestures, in what they say, how they say it, how they move etc, in those hard to explain snapshots. And intelligence , or being on the same wave-lenght as me. Once i'm into them this way, I can easily justify my liking on thier physical appearance, or on anythiing I see good in them.

Wow...I guess at a size 12 I must be a total cow and unattractive to anyone! I know slim men who love women who are even bigger than size 12. Handsome man, not so handsome man, size 2 vs size 8, size 12 etc.....none of it has anything to do with a person's personality and character and what hangups they have that can destroy a relationship. In the grand scheme of things it is the personality, character and actions of the person which will make or break a relationship, not their looks or the clothes size they wear.

Size 2 is healthy, as long as the height meets the criteria. Not sure why so many people on this forum have a thing against size 2. Maybe because they aren't. Honestly, I would not date an overweight person. That's just me.

Size 8 here and guys love it. I've been told by doctors not to lose weight (because I'm smack dab in the middle of healthy BMI). I work out and eat very healthy. But, I have hips and thick thighs.

You don't need to be a size 2-4 to take care of yourself or look good. I take very good care of myself.

Size 2 is perfect for me. If I was a size 8, I'd run for the treadmill day and night. That's just me. I've been a size 6 before, wasn't too happy.

I'm talking handsome handsome face and a killer body. Brad Pitt, and the like. Let's say his personality is pleasant and he's got the attributes you're looking for.

For those of you who say yes, do you think you're a very attractive women?

For those who say no, do you think you're a more average looking woman?

Would you be threatened by other beautiful women checking him out? Let's say he preferred a size 2-4 woman, would you be weary of weight gain? Would you think it's harsh if he'd prefer a woman within that size range, and if she went to a size 6-8, he's be less attracted to her? Or would hassle her about losing weight?

Well, I don't think Brad Pitt is all that attractive, truthfully. But that is beside the point. I do think I would date a man who is very attractive and I have before. Many other women checked him out, but I was never jealous/felt threatened or anything. I knew he liked me and was not interested in the others. He would tell me so, as we had good communication. I would however be put off by a man who had such a strict size range. I am a size 4(can fit into a size 2, but like my clothes not to be so tight), always been on the skinny size. But to think he would want me to be at that size always is a joke. As people age, their body starts to get a slower metabolism, they gain weight and their skin looses elasticity. It's all natural and part of aging. I would never want to be with a man who put looks so high up on his preferences. That was the reason I broke up with my ex. He was very good looking, but he was SO shallow. It bothered me a lot. I would MUCH rather be with a man who has great qualities and is more average looking, then some "hot" guy who is shallow and a jerk.

Size 2 is perfect for me. If I was a size 8, I'd run for the treadmill day and night. That's just me. I've been a size 6 before, wasn't too happy.

A size 2 is fine, and can be healthy. Though it's also fine to be a 6, 8, etc. all depending on the person's height. I don't put looks high up on my criteria for what I want in a man. There are many other things I look for first, before how he looks. If a man was so obsessed with looks, I would find it to be a big turn off. It's good to be healthy, exercise and eat right. But I wouldn't want to feel like my body is constantly being criticized on how much I weigh. There are many reasons for why a person weighs how much they do, and it's not all about running on a treadmill to keep a certain weight. There are medical reasons that are beyond a person's control. I don't think criticizing someone else's weight is the way to go. Just because you weren't happy with your weight, doesn't mean others are, too.

Not everyone wants me to a size too. It's great that you are a size that you are happy with but it doesn't mean that anything above that is "fat" or "overweight".

Personally, I'm aiming for a size 8. My weight fluctuated for a while when I was younger but it was always around a size 8 that I felt good at. That is the size for me and it's healthy, so I'm happy. I don't think I would be healthy/feel good about myself if I was a size 2, but that's me. It's different for everyone.

It sounds like you are very focused on weight, lerira. That is just my observation. You sound fine...thin and healthy and all, but can I say the same for your mindset? I don't know.

Yeah, it's definitely not for me either. I much prefer to have curves and I know my boyfriend prefers it that way too. I've seen the kind of woman that he looks at and they all have curves. We watched this movie once where this girl took her shirt off and you could COUNT her ribs. She really looked unhealthy. I didn't say anything but I heard him go "ewwwwww" under his breath.

I think some can pull of the size 2 but some can't. And that's okay.

I always envisioned myself as one of those shapely, Caucasion women from the old paintings and such. Not the ones that were really large (although they don't look too bad) but the ones who look proportional with good breasts, hips, butt, and thighs, not fat nor skinny. That's how my body was when I was 14 and I loved it. I really would like to get back to it again because that's where I feel I was the healthiest.

Hm, why do people associate size 2 with gaunt, skinny, counting ribs image? I have curves. Think Adriana Lima. Hour-glass body. That's me.

Because that's usually what happpens when people strive for a size 2 and it's not healthy for them. Ya know, height-wise and body shape and all.

I've yet to see a size 2 with curves personally but I'm sure there are women out there.

Lima has a great rack (not sure if it's real or not but it looks great) but I don't consider her very curvy in terms of the rest of her body. She's definitely thin though. I think it looks good for her. I just don't think she's that curvy.

Hm, why do people associate size 2 with gaunt, skinny, counting ribs image? I have curves. Think Adriana Lima. Hour-glass body. That's me.

I no longer think it is the problem of the guy, but your own body image. You seem to be very self-conscious of your own body and because of that are attracting guys who only like a certain size. You need to figure out why you are so stuck on that size being the only size you can be happy with. It's perfectly healthy to be sizes above that(depending on your height/weight) and there is nothing wrong with it. It's your mind set that I think needs to be worked on. Why is it so important that you stay that size?

Because that's usually what happpens when people strive for a size 2 and it's not healthy for them. Ya know, height-wise and body shape and all.

I've yet to see a size 2 with curves personally but I'm sure there are women out there.

Lima has a great rack (not sure if it's real or not but it looks great) but I don't consider her very curvy in terms of the rest of her body. She's definitely thin though. I think it looks good for her. I just don't think she's that curvy.

Really? I think her curves are very proportional. To me, flabs aren't curves. She's got a great body, and definetely curvy. My doctor said my size is healthy for me...so I don't understand where you are getting at.

Really? I think her curves are very proportional. To me, flabs aren't curves. She's got a great body, and definetely curvy. My doctor said my size is healthy for me...so I don't understand where you are getting at.

Look, as I said before, you're fine. I never said you were unhealthy. Of course flabs aren't curves.

I just said, I don't think she's curvy. That's my opinion. I never said she was unhealthy or disproportionate. She's just thin.

I agree with the others, this seems to be something that you're very "stuck" on and I would explore why that is. Everyone I know who is obsessed with looks don't end up that happy.

I no longer think it is the problem of the guy, but your own body image. You seem to be very self-conscious of your own body and because of that are attracting guys who only like a certain size. You need to figure out why you are so stuck on that size being the only size you can be happy with. It's perfectly healthy to be sizes above that(depending on your height/weight) and there is nothing wrong with it. It's your mind set that I think needs to be worked on. Why is it so important that you stay that size?

Hm, perhaps. It's just that American women are very, very fat. The average American woman is a size 14, and I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that is downright huge and obese, considering what the average height is. I just don't understand how much food you can put in you. And yes, there are those with metabolic problems, etc. But let's face it, not every overweight American has metabolic issues. I can understand overweight, but obese seems so prevalent in America, it really disgusts me.

I don't have a body image problem at all.

Also, as far as the guys. I've been surprised to find that for example, a mildly attractive skinny guy wanted a thin beautiful girl.....and a bit overweight ugly guy wanted a thin, beautiful girl. What makes these guys think they deserve these girls considering they don't fit the criteria?

image removed

Ricki Lee - Size 14.

I'm sorry but I don't see her as "huge and obese".

How is an overweight girl any less "deserve-able" then a thin one? That goes for men too.

What happened to the insides of a person?

I mean, my boyfriend weighs 370 lb. I think he's awesome. any woman, and I mean ANY WOMAN, would be lucky to have someone like him. Heck, he weights 2x as much as me and I feel lucky to have him. He's the best boyfriend I've had. His weight has no bearing on that.

image removed

Ricki Lee - Size 14.

I'm sorry but I don't see her as "huge and obese".

How is an overweight girl any less "deserve-able" then a thin one? That goes for men too.

What happened to the insides of a person?

I mean, my boyfriend weighs 370 lb. I think he's awesome. any woman, and I mean ANY WOMAN, would be lucky to have someone like him. Heck, he weights 2x as much as me and I feel lucky to have him. He's the best boyfriend I've had. His weight has no bearing on that.

Well, honestly, she can lose some weight. If she's happy with her weight, great. To me, that's not curvy. It's flabby. You want curvy? Look up CharlieJames1975 on YouTube. Now, that is curvy. She's got hard core muscles, a nice muscular butt, and she's a size 2. Now, it's very, very rare for even a size 2 woman to have her body, but to me, she is the definition of curvy. Flab like the one above isn't curvy; it's flabby. As soon as she sits down, there's folds of flab. Not saying a thin girl can't have flab; we all do but some more than others.

Is Ricky Lee's weight ideal for her? I can't decide that.

Well, honestly, she can lose some weight. If she's happy with her weight, great. To me, that's not curvy. It's flabby. You want curvy? Look up CharlieJames1975 on YouTube. Now, that is curvy. She's got hard core muscles, a nice muscular butt, and she's a size 2. Now, it's very, very rare for even a size 2 woman to have her body, but to me, she is the definition of curvy. Flab like the one above isn't curvy; it's flabby. As soon as she sits down, there's folds of flab. Not saying a thin girl can't have flab; we all do but some more than others.

Is Ricky Lee's weight ideal for her? I can't decide that.

I don't see her as huge and obese either, but she is overweight. To me, curvy is moderately muscular. There are many women out there that don't exercise at all, are overweight and make excuses for themselves saying they are curvy.

If Ricky Lee is curvy, then what is CharlieJames1975? Muscles make curves. That woman up top has flabbiness.

You just replied to yourself.

I'm interested in what other people have to say. I get it: you think she's flabby.

BTW: I saw the video. That woman is really fit! She's like pure muscle and her abs are nice.

And no, I don't consider her curvy either. She doesn't have an hour glass figure. Maybe if I squint, I can see one.

That's not a jab on her part, I think she looks stellar and healthy! Just don't think she's that curvy.

You just replied to yourself.

I'm interested in what other people have to say. I get it: you think she's flabby.

BTW: I saw the video. That woman is really fit! She's like pure muscle and her abs are nice.

And no, I don't consider her curvy either. She doesn't have an hour glass figure. Maybe if I squint, I can see one.

That's not a jab on her part, I think she looks stellar and healthy! Just don't think she's that curvy.

Well, reality is most people would find CharlieJames1975 more attractive body-wise than the girl you showed me.

To me, muscles are what make curvy. But honestly, the way the people in this threat view curvy, I'm starting to change my image of curvy. Curvy= fat flab. Hour glass= fat.

Guess I'll change my wording to muscular body.

Archived