Apple Seed Suicide READ

NOTE: in class today, my science teacher explained that bc of cyanide in apple seeds, if you were to eat a cup of them, it would be fatal...

-Apple Seed Suicide-

They say you're a freak

Just like me

But you don't talk of taking your life

And you shake your head when I tell you my plans

Of committing apple seed suicide...

It's 5 years later

Wherever we are

You're somewhere in my life

You forgot about the plans I told you

Of comitting apple seed suicide

You laugh at me

As I eat apple seeds

I just smile

At the sound of your laugh

I remember that you told me no

But I never took those words back

I kiss your lips

And hold your hand

As we lie down to sleep

You close your eyes

I cry and cry

I whisper goodbye

Because I'm the girl that dies

From apple seed suicide...

Empty

*smiles* "Interesting" I don't want to die right now...in the future, yes. Around 25. I don't know why I hate the thought of growing old so much...I just do. Even if I'm rich, get surgery and still look 25 no matter how old I get...I just don't want to live to be 30.

Empty

*smiles* "Interesting" I don't want to die right now...in the future, yes. Around 25. I don't know why I hate the thought of growing old so much...I just do. Even if I'm rich, get surgery and still look 25 no matter how old I get...I just don't want to live to be 30.

Uh oh. I'm in my mid 20's right now, so should I kill myself?

It's a common fear to look old, especially with women. That's why there's botox, breast implants, vaginalplasty, liposuction, etc. Should you do that? Nobody should do it, but most want a quick fix to look young. There's a healthy way of staying and looking young, and then there's surgery.

Staying out of the sun (or minimizing exposure) will help keep your skin looking young. Working out and/or doing yoga will keep your body in shape, while maintaining flexibility (flexibility is another key sign of youthfulness). Another is eating the right foods. I think women in their 30's are absolutey at their peak beauty, and even some into their 40's. Anyone can make their physical appearance appear young, by following some of the above guidelines, including you.

Hope your views change by then never the less very intresting poem...I have contemplated suicide most people dont go throug with it because there scarred if i did try and commit suicide id want to go in a way that is not painfull and i thing that would be.....Anyhu im not going to commit suicide and intresting poem hope your views change though and you grow old.

Thinking about suicide is a sign that there is something about yourself that you don't like and you don't want to deal with it, so you take the easy way out because dealing with the deep problem you have buried in your past seems more scary than just ending it all. That's ALL thoughts of suicide are- a defense againse the things you are afraid to deal with.

Suicidal thoughts are simply the most extreme form of fear.

What you need to do is to confront the thing that scares you- the thing that is making you THINK you want to die- and "kill it" psychologically by leaving it behind. For example:

When I was suicidal in my 20's, I packed up my bags and moved to another state and started over. I considered my former life "over" and "dead" and reinvented myself as a new person.

I figured, "Well if I was going to die anyway, might as well stick around and see how things WOULD HAVE turned out if I hadn't 'died.' "

Here is an interesting article about "killing" the parts of your life that you don't want to deal with: link removed

Just remember, if you are thinking of suicide, it doesn't have to mean PHYSICAL death. It can just be the psychological death of those things that don't serve you well any longer that you are actually trying to escape from. So- escape from them and start over someplace new. Change your name. BE someone new. Try it- just to see what would happen if you did.

As for me, I'm on my 3rd life now.

I think your poem is cool. Never wouldve thought eating apple seeds could be deadly. As for dying young, I agree. I dont want to kill myself I just dont want to live past 40 or so bc I dont want to depend on others to take care of me.

Anyways... awesome poem!

I think your poem is cool. Never wouldve thought eating apple seeds could be deadly. As for dying young, I agree. I dont want to kill myself I just dont want to live past 40 or so bc I dont want to depend on others to take care of me.

Anyways... awesome poem!

Most people don't need looking after until at least 70 - my wife works in a residence for older people who do need looking after.

link removed

That info doesn't sound very reliable--I work with cyanide in my lab, and it is not true that it prevents blood from carrying oxygen to the tissues, as cited in the website (it blocks electron transport in mitochondria).

But has anyone ever actually committed suicide by ingesting apple seeds?

I found a site on suicide methods (it's meant to show the reality of it, not to urge people to do it) and it seems that this way of suicide would be hard but:

Acute intoxication and death had been reported in children following ingestion of apricot seeds which are capable of releasing 217mg of cyanide per 100 g of moist seeds.

I guess apricot seeds would be better? Ha.

Empty

• 1 year later...

Beautiful Poem. It'd be a sad thing if THAT poet was gone or denied the life experiences that could lend to more of that beautiful poetry.

But as a 33 year old, I'm saddened and somewhat offended. I do understand how horribly old 30 must sound when you're 16, but when you're 28, you'll laugh so hard you'll poop yourself for thinking that 30 is old.

Here's some stuff I found on the topic of appleseeds tho -

- http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99463.html -

In fact, apple seeds, like the seeds of some other fruits in the rose

family such as peaches and bitter almonds, contain cyanide. It's part of

the apple's way of protecting its offspring. The level of cyanide is quite

low, but if you store up a whole lot of apple seds and eat them all at

once, you can ingest enought cyanide to hurt or even kill you.

Richard Barrans Jr., Ph.D.

- http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bot00/bot00208.html -

The good news: apple seeds do not contain arsenic. The bad news: apple

seeds DO contain cyanide. As for processing the apples, what kind of

processing are you interested in? Grinding apples and pressing them for

cider doesn't release enough cyanide to be a problem; neither does cooking

apples and straining them to make a sauce. About the only way you can

actually ruin into a problem with the toxicity of apple seeds is if you save

the seeds from about a bushel of apples and eat them all at once.

Richard E. Barrans Jr., Ph.D.

Assistant Director

PG Research Foundation, Darien, Illinois

But....sounds like you'd have to eat an awful lot, and all at once.

I think this is the best poem I ever read, that I will read it again after I'm done righting this, you're talented for just a 16 year-old, dammit wish I was a skilled writer, oh well, everyone has their own abilties. Like other people, I was only ignorant at apple seed, I had no idea that if you ate to much of them it would killed you. That sure was a wonderful lecture, I''l keep that in mind.

As for the killing yourself when you age, don't do that, even if you get closed to your 30's and 40's, you still would have a long way to learn about new stuff, history never stops, neither does knowledge, it just piles up and keeps going on and on. That by the time you get to that age, liek another poster stated you'll make a joke over what you stated. Yea, I can understand what being young was, I'm 19 now and well honestly I'm nto really looking to how life will be when I'm between 30 and 40, how I will look then, I think I would be a little sad, oh well that's part of life, you can't do anything to stop it. If I had one wish granted to me would be to be this current age forever and never age.

Empty

I lie your poem, its clean which I like.

as for now wonted to be old, your will not be at 25 who you are now, the you now will shift and change as life flows throw you. The world turns and as it dos each day brings a small death and new barth with moves us from who we where to who we are to who we will be.

Ask this

would you at 5 or 10 or 15 think as you do now.

we are many

we are one

• 3 weeks later...