Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do girls like shy guys or outgoing guys?

Do girls like shy guys or outgoing guys?

I'm just curious to know if the women out there prefer guys who are shy or guys who are outgoing? And if so why? I'd just would like to know so maybe I can get a little hope back in me and hope that there are girls out there that would go out with a shy guy even if they were very outgoing Thanks for any responses.

Well, of course girls prefer outgoing guys! But why? Because girls like being pursued. Just because you're shy doesn't mean you can't get an outgoing girl to like you, it just means that you have to do something about it. You can't expect to sit around shyly and have girls instantly like you!

So take some initiative and try not to be the shy guy for three seconds, and then you're allowed to go back to your regular self.
    ~Anamarie~

(Not Ana, not Marie. Anamarie.)

I've heard some women say that shyness in guys shows that they are weak. And most women want a guy who can protect them, not saying you have to be a total jerk but you do have to stand up for what you believe and not let people walk all over you. And 90 percent of the time a girl will not approach you simply because if you don't have the balls to talk to them, then you're not worth their time. Even if you say something stupid like "i lost my number, can i have yours?" and they look at you like you're a total idiot, at least you made the initial contact. And you can follow with "I'm sorry for the lame line, i just think you're very beautiful and i would have kicked my butt if I missed the opportunity to talk with you" and then you can take her next reaction and see if it will get anywhere...G'luck
    By failing to plan you plan to fail

On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Edward Norton (Fight Club)

Alrighty, I guess I would have to say that most girls go for outgoing guys, and usually I do, but right now I have the hugest crush on a shy guy. I'd say I usually like outgoing guys because I'm really shy towards guys I like, and it's cool to have someone who'll take the initiative to talk to you first and break the ice. But as for this shy guy...I don't know. I guess you can't help who you fall in love with, eh?
    Good luck!

-Esprit

What do women like...?

I think this question (and all questions) about "what do women, as a group, want" is itself flawed. I know there are a lot of "what do women want" questions out there, but don't put all women into one collective group when it comes to our tastes and desires. Not all women want the same thing. Camaro Joe posted:

>And 90 percent of the time a girl will not approach you simply because if >you don't have the balls to talk to them, then you're not worth their >time. Even if you say something stupid like "i lost my number, can i >have yours?" and they look at you like you're a total idiot, at least you >made the initial contact

I disagree completely. Yes, you have made initial contact but why should I care? If some man gives me idiotic come-on line like this he won't have the chance to say anything intelligent (if he is capable) because I will be long gone. First impressions stick, so you would be well advised not to make an ass out of yourself right away. It just makes you look desperate and stupid. IF a man is really outgoing and confident why should he have to hide behind a lame pick-up line like that?

As far as not having the "balls" to talk to a girl...I suppose that is at least partly true. If you don't talk to a girl she won't know you're interested. But please come up with something at least half-way intelligent to say. Unless all you do is sit around your house and stare at the wall all day you probably have some interesting things you can talk about with regards to yourself. Go that way instead.

I like shy men as well as outgoing, if by outgoing you mean confident. Both types of men can be very charming, and frankly both can be very sexy, but if a man is just full of himself and obnoxious he needs to get over himself.

I have to disagree a bit with Anamarie too. Yes, I like knowing a man is interested, but I like to be the pursuer myself sometimes, not always the other way around. That is also part of the reason why I think "shy guys" can be tremendous fun in the bedroom. Even if a man is sexually experienced, if he plays shy in the bedroom I get the chance to 'play teacher' so to speak. I enjoy it thoroughly

-RK

location? u wanna know? u really wanna?! well ok here goes . . .
    hey guys
    i totally agree with RebeccaK, women shouldnt be stereotyped as to what men think we like in a guy,

from what i can see the members who posted before me said that women liked a guy who was outgoing but that is not always the case,

personally i like a shy guy, its a challange to find out what they are really like, somethimes with an outgoing man comes confidence, im not saying thats a bad thing but that can lead to arragance and ignorance of what their woman really want.

i like a guy who doesnt care what other people think, who takes you for what you are and who is both shy and outgoing in various areas.

so i dont think that people should judge as to what they 'stereotypically' think is what a woman wants, they should treat each woman differently and find out what she wants.

~LJ
    Whats black to one person is white to another, nothing in this world is so good its pure white and nothings is so bad that its pure black, everything in this world concerning humans, comes in shades of grey

i like a guy who doesnt care what other people think, who takes you for what you are and who is both shy and outgoing in various areas.
    That sums it up well... I think people confuse "shy" as far as getting to start talking to someone, and insecure in their thoughts and convictions - two completely different things. I don't care if someone's the life of the party - as long as he has a firm confidence in who he is and what he thinks when he's with me. I've known a few "outgoing" people that were good at making contact - but used to being in a group and adopting the ideas of the group, and didn't really have any of their own - and that's a big minus in my book!
    "A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt~

Well, I have to agree with Rebecca as well. I for one, am a shy guy, and I too have a crush on a girl in my office (yes I said in my office, not school or anything). Their are girls and guys of all types, and can't be grouped together as one.

But it's harder for some of us who had bad relationships (or none) in the past, where you have that one bad experience that keeps stopping you from talking to a girl. If you have one bad experience, you shouldn't think women (or men for that matter) will all hurt you. Sometimes you just run into that one psycho girl that kinda makes it harder for you to tell a girl your feelings.

Some girls like a challenge, some just want to be loved and don't want to play games... the only real hard part is finding the right one.

doesn't matter to me.

I dont really care if the guy is shy or outgoing I like both I"m shy but once I get to know somebody I"m outgoing.

Doesn't really matter, but if I had to choose between either one of them, I would go for the shy one. At least with the shy one, you can tell he's not gonna critize you and is there to listen to you.
    Opened-minded to those in need of help. Not everything is black and white as it seems....
    If you're gonna do something, think twice and make sure it's something worthy that you don't later on regret!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...