Do girls like shy guys or outgoing guys?

mjctraider

I like guys who have good social skills, especially with family and elders. But I prefer the modest, shy kind of guys. Not really into the stereotypical "outgoing" guy. As long as we have fun together it's cool.

As for "why"...well, I don't like guys who talk TOO much and I find they get annoying. See I'm the type who can get along with many kinds of people, on our first meeting, and be liked, however I am pretty reserved and don't really make many FRIENDS, just many acquaintances. There's less drama with people that way. It's good to network like that as well. The friends and family I have already fulfill my life. So I want a guy whose similar to me in those ways.

I also am the type who would love to go horseback riding, boating, hangliding, etc. for dates or anniversaries, so I want a guy who would be up for those things but with me and maybe a small group of other people, not with a bajillion others. I don't like partiers, I don't like loud guys..not romantically anyway.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes the shy one is more of a worldly person than the outgoing types who never grew up. Not saying ALL outgoing people are immature, but sometimes I noticed that the quiet people I know have more life experiences than those who only have photos of themselves partying and drinking on their profiles

So you are saying that those who party and drink are immature?? Not necessarily the case. Many people like to have fun after they work for many hours each week and enjoy partying. I am one of them. Also you are saying partying and drinking is associated with being outgoing?? Im am extremely shy and I party just about every weekend, so I think it is safe to say that that is inaccurate.

Actually I agree with deckie on this one. It's kind of a thing of statistics and free time. The more free time you have away from social activities the greater the chance is for you to learn something that makes you seem more mature and intelligent. I spend my free time learning new languages, reading news and books, while enjoying thought provoking video games. All the while enjoying theological debates from youtube

This would make any man seem way more mature then spending free time socializing. Though it could be possible that the non social activities that some shy people have are just as unproductive.

I guess it's really a matter of productivity and what you choose to do with your life.

well said Kp123

I think you hit the shy thing right on the head! The act of being around shy around people tends to rub off on others and make them feel weird. I have felt this chemistry around people and it makes perfect sense.

To me, being shy does not necessarily mean being quiet, or not talking. It means your socially akward and you project that awkwardness onto other people...and who the hell wants to feel like that?

I personally like shy guys. Shyness is NOT a weakness! As a shy girl, I'd much rather date a shy guy than an outgoing one.

Outgoing guys are usually too loud for me and seem to always be surrounded by a million people. I much prefer smaller groups. And usually, you don't have to worry about a shy guy flirting with other girls.

as an englishman, i would like to have my two cents on this issue. I am a shy person... very, very shy. but when i get comfortable in my surroundings and the people i am with, i am the most confident and funniest person in the room. (i know that sounds cocky, and believe me its not meant to be, but i am just being honest)

Am I weak? no i'm not, i am very opinionated and can stand up for myself if i need to... the problem is, as a shy person, i will not express my opinion with people i dont know.

And as for dating females... behave yourself is my first reaction. i have made a personal vow that i will NEVER make the first move on a female. i dont care if i know she likes me, i will never ask her out. will this make me lonely for the rest of my life, probably, but its my protective shield from having my heart broken.

One of the main reasons i dont approach females is becuase i know for a fact they wont be interested in me. Until overweight (not massively) ugly and shyness are attractive then i will never inflict myself on a female. Don't get me wrong, i have several female friends, but i would never go up to a female i found attractive becuase it would be unfair on her.

lastly, the one thing i hate over everything is a cheat... they are the lowest of the low... I would NEVER cheat on a partner, and i think thats becuase i am shy, i know that if i got a partner she would be something to treasure and love forever. i am so lucky to have this person, why would i throw it away for a cheap thrill?

• 6 months later...
One of the main reasons i dont approach females is becuase i know for a fact they wont be interested in me. Until overweight (not massively) ugly and shyness are attractive then i will never inflict myself on a female. Don't get me wrong, i have several female friends, but i would never go up to a female i found attractive becuase it would be unfair on her.

But what if the girl is shy too and she likes you but is scared you won't like her? Sometimes you really just have to try and do something.

Is that you in the pic? You don't look overweight, if it is.

I read something that mentioned how the girls replying to this thread have preferred the shy guys. Well you have to consider the audience reading forums on the internet. I'd say the majority of the people reading these things are more shy than outgoing.

There is a difference between being shy versus being introverted. One person avoids social situations out of fear and anxiety even though he or she wants to be active in social situations. The other person chooses to spend his or her time in solitary situations than social situations. I really doubt that women find it attractive that a guy is scared of other people. How is he supposed to protect her, if he is afraid of people half his size? On the other hand, there are a lot of introverted guys who are quiet, yet they don't have any problems dealing with people or pursuing women that they like.

I think it depends on the girl. I tend to think that people, whether it's a guy or girl won't approach because they are shy or don't have confidence. In general men are expected to pursue so the pressure is more on the man to be proactive than the girl.

I think less girls have enough confidence to chase a guy they like so I wouldn't say they don't like shy guys. I would say they won't be the one to go after the shy guy and if he won't go after them then nothing happens. Everyone usually prefers more outgoing people who make their feelings obvious.

Even guys like girls who don't always sit on the fence and wait for the guy to do everything before making her attraction to him known in some way.

I have never exchanged digits by sitting in a corner being shy. I am shy in some situations, but not many. I just don't see how being shy and not able to make a move would be attractive? Seems a little creepy to me. Wow that guy in the corner starring at everyone, not talking to anybody, and twiddling his fingers is so hot and mysterious!!

Isn't that how horror flicks usually start?

People in this thread are not using the word "shy" correctly. Shyness is independent of introversion and extroversion. Shy people fear being judged by others, and consequently, don't interact with others as much as everybody else does and are often awkward in those situations due to lack of experience coupled with that irrational fear. It's so socially crippling that I really, REALLY doubt that girls like shy guys as much as they claim in this thread.

Lots of people seem to think that "shy" and "quiet" are the same thing. They aren't.

Well I'm a shy guy and what I find frustrating is when people stereotype.

I myself, am very shy when I want to ask a girl out, but I'm highly confident and damn good when it comes to giving a speech in front of numerous people for example. So how does shyness in some areas equate to some general weakness?

The sad truth is women prefer outgoing men, or at least a vast majority of them do...

Ya, i think the girl I had some interest in (her friend told her that I like her) thought it was weak and awkward and so lost any interest at that point.

Oh well, I just think its just a shame. Its really her loss. I'm also a funny and intelligent guy.

Ya, i think the girl I had some interest in (her friend told her that I like her) thought it was weak and awkward and so lost any interest at that point.

Oh well, I just think its just a shame. Its really her loss. I'm also a funny and intelligent guy.

that's a good attitude to have.

The sad truth is women prefer outgoing men, or at least a vast majority of them do...
Outgoing men are usually the ones who will APPROACH women while shy men do not.I don't think it has anything at all to do with the behaviour exhibited by a shy man[quiet,softspoken].All other factors being equal a shy man has just as much chance of success with woman if he will APPROACH them at the same rate as an outgoing guy would.

*sigh*

It seems like most girls in my school seem to prefer the out-going type,

which I never really understood, because pretty much everyone of the

out-going types are assholes who are completely, umm..."assholic", haha, to everyone else and it sorta saddens me to see that they are the ones that are getting all of it.

I hope that maybe some day I can share my pathetic existence with someone else.

And I know this post sounds rather "emo", just excuse my cynical personality.

Uhh, just rambling...I'm going to post it anyways.

Archived