There's this girl that comes into my work (restuarant) that I have a huge crush on for some reason. The more I think about her the more I like her. The problem is she never flirts with me...she never ever smiles either. Should I ask her out right away or try to guage her attraction level? I mean com'on, if you think someone's cute you try to be flirty or at least smile or something right? I get nothing from her. Nada, zilch, zip! But I can't stop thinking about her.

even if you don't find someone attractive you should still smile or be nice right? I mean if you frequent a place, you should at least be friendly to the waiters.

This is what she does every time she comes in. She comes in, turns her head gives me 1 look, order something at the register (im not at the register) sits down, listens to her Ipod, and always try to ignore me until i walk by her...god im in love

You poor, sick, sad, little puppy. Always wanting the unattainable, or difficult?

Why not look for a woman who's at least polite? Friendly would be better yet.

One of the things that attracts me to a woman is her friendly personality. That sounds very lacking in this one.

Unless she's shy. In which case you've got a major problem because aren't you shy with women? I don't see how two shy people can possibly date each other.

Someone has to be outgoing enough to get things started.

OK. Next time, walk up and in a friendly way say "hi" to her and study her reaction. If she's not friendly in return, then forget her. If she is friendly, then go from there.

Why would you want to ask out a girl who hasn't shown you any signs of interest? There seems to be no indication what so ever that she would even be open to dating you. If you were Brad Pitt or George Clooney, she would be giggling and smiling whenever she was around you. She would ask you questions and touch you on the arm.

I can tell you from experience that you do not want to do this. Girls would look extremely sad and umcomfortable when I tried to ask them out even though they didn't show signs of interest in me. Even if I got a phone number, the girl would flake out on me by not returning my phone calls and not showing up for the date.

You really want the girl bad?? I am going to tell you what to do. Just flirt with her! Use banter or teach her something fun. With confidence and flirting, you can get a girl who was initially indifferent with you to start laughing and touching your arm. Women care about personality much more than guys do. That's why you see beautiful women with average looking guys. These guys realize that women are emotional. If you can make a girl laugh and smile, she will eventually become attracted to your personality.

Maybe she's just shy? It never hurts to take a shot in the dark.

That's one of the things I said. Maybe she's shy.

However, how can two shy people possibly date each other? They can't even talk to each other.

Then again, maybe she's just not interested.

Either way, it sounds like a non starter to me.

I'll tell you P.Dragon how you can get a date with her. Well, your best shot anyway.

I did this once when I was having an uncharacteristically bold and not shy mood.

I went up to this good looking woman who'd never noticed I existed, and I said, "Hi. I'm Charley." She said her name. I said, "I think you're really beautiful and I'd like to have a chance to get to know you and see if you're as nice as you are are nice looking. May I have your phone number so I can call you for a date?".

She gave me her number. I called her a few days later. We had one miserable date. It was one of the suckiest dates of my life because she wasn't interested in me and we had nothing in common except that we both liked her looks. This was one of the worst dates I mentioned in my worst dates thread. She spent the entire date talking about how she'd like to get back with her X, and how she wished she was doing cocaine with him right then.

Getting a date with someone who is not interested in you is possible, as I proved. It can be done by having some skill in the asking and creating some interest because of how you ask her. However, the date itself will likely suck eggs because the only thing you have in common is that you both like her looks.

My vote is forget her. However, if you use my example of asking out a woman who's not interested, then maybe you can get a date. However, if you get the date, you may find it a wasted effort. If you really want to try, then ask her like I did. You'll likely get a date, if she's single. Likely a bad date, but you never know. If you've got the stones to try it, then go ahead. Maybe it'd work out, who knows? However, the odds are you could get a date, but it'd be a lousy date. You'll never know, unless you try.

• Like 1

However, how can two shy people possibly date each other? They can't even talk to each other.

Then again, maybe she's just not interested.

Either way, it sounds like a non starter to me.

One needs to step up and do something about it, then!

Puff has said he has asked girls out before, this should be no different.

my real problem is that i work there and if it may get uncomfortable if she says no and continues to shop here.

You know what would be worse? If things got uncomfortable and she stopped shopping there because of it. That'd really p off your boss, if he/she knew about it.

One needs to step up and do something about it, then!

Puff has said he has asked girls out before, this should be no different.

Asking a woman who shows zero interest is a lot different than asking a friendly woman who is approachable. This scenerio he has is scary for any guy, let along a shy one.

However, it can be done. If you get her though, you may find that having isn't as much fun as wanting. i.e. - the date might suck. However, no harm in trying, unless you get fired over it and join the ranks of the unemployed.

Asking a woman who shows zero interest is a lot different than asking a friendly woman who is approachable. This scenerio he has is scary for any guy, let along a shy one.

However, it can be done. If you get her though, you may find that having isn't as much fun as wanting. i.e. - the date might suck. However, no harm in trying, unless you get fired over it and join the ranks of the unemployed.

Oh, I agree completely.

I'm not saying I would do it! lol

But that's me.

my real problem is that i work there and if it may get uncomfortable if she says no and continues to shop here.

uncomfortable for you that you continue to dwell on her or uncomfortable for her that you moved on to other girls and she missed her chance? i take choice B and smile at her the next time. good looking girls come and go.

If she's not smiling at you or anything, I don't think you have much shot... You can try striking up a conversation with her and seeing if she responds flavorably (smiling, laughing, etc), but otherwise, I'd give up.

Uh, its possible. A little quiet at first, but very possible.