THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE - SuperDave71

Day 4 -

Well i broke the 3 day barrier i have been stuck on so many times...but did my ex no, she again contacted me on skype chat telling me things that i didnt want to hear, luckily i was away and she was offline when i came back!

but im pretty sure that the end of all contact from her, now and in the future, and i will not be contacting her for a while...if ever.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh- had another crying fit tonight. i can't believe it. 6.5 weeks and this is still happening. my problem is that i know i won't fully move on until i meet someone else. I MUST GO ON A DATE!

See thats what I think, yet some people think that is a bad idea. Do you think it depends on the length of your break up relationship, your own ability to heal, everyone does and gets over things differently???? Curious now.

I JUST WANNA BE LOVED AND CUDDLED AND NEED A GOOD S**G

the ebb and flow of my desire (childish) to call her and tell her how much I Miss her, love her, dream about her, think about her is amazing.

Some moments I feel so strong, others it's like a battle not to call. Like the battle not to pick up a drink or 20 to deal with this.

What's a s*#g?

ok so i broke no contact and here is the update my sistuation was a little different me and my ex now i guess wasnt ahving any trouble everything was good but she was having doubts or said she was confussed about her feelings about moving here she lives in another state and uprooting her life and hse was getting cold feet about me having kids so she wanted to take a step back and think she said so she just stopped calling me for 11 days we did no contact so i was setting her in limbo, so i text her just a hi how are you text so about three hours passed and no anwser so i texted her back and said "ok guess your not talking to me i can take a hint. didnt think you would ever do that to me and i didnt kow i did anything to deserve that but i wont bother you any more" so about 30 minutes she texted this " wait i was at work and then and got a massage im not ignoring you i have been thinking about you (what ever that means) i will talk to you later sorry it took so long to respond" it wass about three hours before i got that text i was in church so she sent another text asking if i got the first text i said i did and i havent heard anything since so i cant figure it out. i guss i screwed up but it did make me feel better .

i know im a big goof well im done i kinda feel like she just slapped me in the face by saying she would talk to me later and saying she had been thinking about me and then ignore me taht is ok . Im sure she ahs been thinking about me thinking how she can ignore me and move on i really think she has someone new oh well wish him luck send me the duck tape

Starting NC Tonight.

Wife and I have been separated for four months, shes been cheating, still is apparently, decided she wants a divorce. She will come around for a while, then leave, and once I start feeling good about it, she comes around again.

I think I need to start complete NC. Hopefully it will make me not miss her as much and have the random depression that I have been having (usually when I'm home bymyself).

Spoke with her this evening, she called and wanted to know when I was going to file since she wants it done and shes too poor to do it. Figures huh?

Wish me luck. Hopefully I can get through all day tomorrow without texting her or calling. A bit of a question though, she will eventually contact me with a text saying "How are you" or something to that effect because thats what she always does.

What should I do? Ignore it, or just say "I'm fine, thanks" and then not answer any more?

DAY THREE OF NC FOR ME

- Its really tough. Easy to talk and think about it, but doing it is TUFF

- I am the weakest when left alone. Especially at nights when I am about to sleep, I start bawling

- I wake up and the first thing I notice is my eyes are wet

- I keep going back to the images of me and my ex doing all things that made me happy

- I have lost appetitie

- I desperately want him back in my life.

Sigh, this is what I feel in my day 3....I hope this pain gets less tomorrow

day 5 coming more and more to realise what a horrible person my ex has become, so really not missing that more dwelling on who she was and what happened to her. but moving on and getting better just need to stop thinking about her at all now!

Can't remember how many days, but only four or five, I think.

Feeling much better this time. Not missing her. Now wanting her. Feel great about myself. Been working out, sleeping better, eating healthier ...

I think I'm going to make it this time. ... Doing it totally for me.

20 days today. It's been a very, very tough week. I had a dream about him last week that set off a lot of old emotions and "what ifs." He's been looking at the one profile he can look at (blocked the rest) almost everyday. I broke down and looked at his last night, and he's still listed as single. Really wondering where this is going to go..

Day 23

I still think about him a lot. I've noticed that my thoughts have less intensity though; they don't hurt anymore, they just pass by like any normal thought would. I still can't believe how quickly he found someone else. I have to fight off the urge to check his Myspace a lot.

I don't really miss him, I just miss us.

Edit: So I gave in and checked his MySpace. I can't say it hurts to see things about another girl on there, it just makes me feel anxious. It's an odd feeling; my hands are shaky but I don't feel the pain in my stomach that I used to.

Not sure what that means.

Still doing OK!

Not bothered about what she may be thinking, who she might be seeing, how she might be feeling. I'm actually enjoying the novelty of having my day and thoughts directed by my self, not someone else.

I'm pretty sure she won't get in touch now. Originally I thought she would, but now I think she's as tired of all the pushing and pulling as I am. I think we have petered out and I'm accepting of that.

Good luck to her. All the best to me.

Day 14 of NC...

Wow, cant believe 2 weeks already past and I am still weirdly hopefull he will call. Or I guess I WAS. Been contemplating the changes in myself since dating this guy and during these past weeks. I definatly feel like I "know" where I want to go in life now, or what kind of life I want to lead.

I went over to my buddies house yesterday and we played pool and drank and hung out all day. Super day, but he said he still saw "the heartbroken look in my eyes". Ah well...

Today was the first time in AGES i made it to the gym on a Saturday. Feeling of accomplishment! Also plan to start eating healthier and cutting down my junk food intake drasticly. to see how a break up forces/motivates you to better yourself (b/c i haven't been to the gym in almost a year i think).

I have also given up the bar/nightclub scene since the break up (for now anyway). I would just like to be alone or hang out with my true/close friends instead of going out dancing and meeting the same friends over and over and being fake with them and meeting new guys who just seem to want one thing (not that all are like that). Just kind of enjoying my quiet nights in.

I also realized today I am not planning on dating for now. I just want to focus on ME and getting my life a little bit more meaningfull and in order.

A guy-friend tried to kiss me today and I just rejected him twice. I just have no urge/need/want to kiss anyone. A little weird but I know I will get over it when the right guy comes along or time has passed. The old single me would have done it since I AM after all am Single. But not the "new and improved me".

Now no jumping into dating guys or kissing just anyone "because I can". I just feel a little, ok a LoT more guarded. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing... Feels right though

Urgh...we're getting to about a month. (We had a month a few weeks before that! But he dumped me that time, and every time he's done that he's come back...I've never dumped him before).

Went out last night with a mutual friend of ours...who said 'I'm having a barbecue next weekend...but it's likely X will be there...I don't know how you two are...'

I just smiled broadly and said 'Nooo! That's no problem at all!' I came home and was set back again - really upset that he'd even told someone we'd split up. (I finished with him, because he didn't seem to care ever about my feelings and went ahead and did things even though I explained clearly how much they hurt me).

I really think I SHOULDN'T go to the barbecue though - I can't see anything but a lose-lose situation.

1. He'll be there and won't talk to me - I'll be gutted

2. He'll talk to me but in an unpleasant way - I'll be gutted

3. He'll be there and will try to get back with me and continue in another two years of non-committal nonsense (prolonged agony)

4. He's there with someone else (unthinkable).