why do girls dress to show off cleavage?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think as a women, that while i don't dress like that all the time, it is fun to dress sexy. and i personally feel that sinse i'm young, why not! When i'm an old lady with saggy breasts and my is touching the floor, it won't look so cute. I think its harmless, as long as its not like borderline prostitute attire.

I wouldn't worry about your girlfriend doing it bc she doesnt' know whether or not she wants to be with you. Its actually a good thing thats she feels confident about her body.

i have A cups and i love my 'non' clevage (there is still some!!). i love wearing low cut tops because i am comfortable with my figure and my A cups. ... !! i find the collarbone and decolletage extremely sexy.

i wear clothes for myself and not for anyone else. although i would decide what i want to wear for myself depending on who or where i am going...

Personally I find women's dress codes intriguing.

Albeit I've been in your shoes before, mainly not because she dressed sexy when we went out (aka to look sexy) but because she would only dress up when we went out, would never do it just for me (so to speak).

Anyway there are multitude of reasons for this (or at least can be)

Psychologically, it could mean quite a few things:

1. She is trying to ward off girls who are attracted to you (aka making you out of their league)

2. Also, by dressing sexy it *can* inhibit someone asking her out (this is true btw)

3. She's trying to make you jealous/pay attention to her.

4. She just likes to.

Personally if you look at how women dress in these days an ages it goes to prove how "mating" rituals have evolved. Women feel the need to be more "attractive" and they must show off their bodies. Now, I believe the reason for this is because men are "visual" creatures many men would NOT date a girl based on her personality alone (aka they have to be attracted to her), and there are at least a high percentage that would date a complete moron that looks like a supermodel. Which is why looking sexy is a woman's confidence builder. If you look at every post by a woman each one says something like they're mine, and I like to show them off. Which granted is perfectly fine but I think it also stems from earlier facts or ingrained experience which directly connects to the way a woman looks to her self confidence. Men have this but not nearly to this particular extent. For example I know many men whom do not even brush there hair, or wash (which disgusts me) at all and still feel perfectly confident in themselves. Granted I am not saying that there are not particular cases of women doing this, I'm just saying that I believe a higher percentage of men do this.

Why, because its simple and most women will agree with this statement. Women will go for personality over looks 9 times out of 10, whereas a good percentage of men will go for looks over personality.

Now about the "women cause themselves to be raped" I do not agree with men should have self control its the guy not the woman, however, I feel that if a woman dresses provocatively she *should* not get angry when guys take peaks at what she is showing the world. Granted I'm not talking about *stalkerish* look but women who get angry when our eyes move downward should understand its a big distraction. Heck, I knew a girl who had a BIG butterfly tattooed on her chest (and she had a lot of cleavage), Darnit I couldn't stop looking at it.

Luckily for me she was fine with it, but dangit she got me good the first day I met her, she's like, "take a look at the tattoo!, OMG did you just look at my breasts?!!!" "What uh, huh errr?" "Dude I'm just messin with ya..."

Anyway don't necessarily take this as a bad thing, think of it as she's trying to look good for you, and she's trying to make you look better. Personally if this were a debate, I'd definitely keep talkin on this

Oh man...

As a girl who has nice large breasts, why can't I just wear the clothes I want to wear, without having to hear the negative judgements that consistently come from the peanut gallery?!!?!?!

They're just breasts, and they happen to be *my* breasts, at that.

Well probably because people love to complain and make observations about other people. Sure you can wear the clothes you want to wear but someone is always going to have some commentary on it. Personally I could care less what a girl chooses to wear even if she happens to be a gf. However she should realize that the more she puts the twins out there, the more commentary she is going to receive. Of course these comments have no validity and arent typically meant to be heard by the person they are commenting on. I do believe that there is an something that can be said about taste/preferences but that is highly subjective.

For me, it's very weather, or mood-dependent, whether or not I choose to wear clothing that's more or less revealing. Regardless, my breasts, and the cleavage they create exist no matter what I wear.

I mean, does a girl have to dress like a nun in order to not be called or considered a prostitute? I swear, sometimes I think it would be easier to have no breasts at all.

I was always more attracted to women that dressed more conservatively because I favor the classy look. Less is more.

I'm exactly the same way.

I like women that're conservative, because it shows they're secure within themselves, to where they don't feel the need to try and make other guys drool over their private parts; namely, their breasts in this subject.

I think I look at it the same way as someone begging for attention! The same as someone begging for money, or your phone number, or anything else. Bleh.

lol I hate saying that, because I know some girls will hate me for saying it, but it's how I feel... sorry.

Think of it this way:

Would you (all girls here) feel okay if your boyfriend or husband could partially show off how big his private part was to the [specifically female] world?

And you saw women staring at him because of it?

How would you feel?

Not very nice, huh?

Wouldn't you question his intent, as well?

Wouldn't you wonder why he's doing this, when he's supposed to be commited to you alone?

Wouldn't you kind of feel like he's trying to attract other women to him in some way, because of it?

I like when my girl dresses skimpy... in the bedroom, for me alone. But outdoors, there's no reason to dress skimpy, because she's supposed to be commited to me, and I to her... not anyone else.

For me, it's very weather, or mood-dependent, whether or not I choose to wear clothing that's more or less revealing. Regardless, my breasts, and the cleavage they create exist no matter what I wear.

I mean, does a girl have to dress like a nun in order to not be called or considered a prostitute? I swear, sometimes I think it would be easier to have no breasts at all.

Don't worry, Red Queen. I happen to appreciate an attractive woman who likes to show off her body. Nothing wrong with it at all.

I think some people are just too prudish or religious for their own good. Someone who has a nice body should be proud and not let others impose their self-righteous views on others.

I believe that comments are made just for the sake of commentary and keeping certain bland conversations going. Mixed with elements of competition, insecurity and other factors these cause the comments to be malicious. I have an affinity for breasts and it does not matter what a girl is wearing if she has larger breasts they are going to be noticed. As for being called a prostitute for wearing revealing clothing that has so much to do with the commentors personal insecurities that I just see it as sad when those types of comments are made.

As for being called a prostitute for wearing revealing clothing that has so much to do with the commentors personal insecurities that I just see it as sad when those types of comments are made.

Well, being called a prostitute is a bit over the top...However, with regards to insecurities, I would think that a person who feels the need to wear skimpy clothing is the one with the insecurity issues....if they were secure within themselves, they wouldn't feel the need to show off their bodies like that. It is kind of like the people who have to shamelessly flaunt their money so that the world can be impressed vs. the people who really do have lots of money but act very low key about it. The minute somebody has to really flaunt something, it is plain as day that they are insecure and looking for attention...no matter how much they try to convince themselves and others that they are dressing because they feel sexy...sorry, it is because they want others to notice them so that they can feel good about themselves. Face it, guys will drool when they see a woman who is scantily clad.

If I wear an ordinary tank top, guess what, people are going to find it revealing, why????

Because it would reveal the fact, that relative to my size, I have large breasts.

So, I ask you guys this, would that "revealing" tank top all the sudden be considered skimpy, simply due to the way my particular body looks underneath it?

I have very large breasts and any top I wear will point to that fact. Nothing you can do about that. Skimpy is referring to walking down the street showing lots of cleavage, or wearing a short short short skirt, or shorts cut up to the butt etc. I take the subway to work and in the summer, see lots of women (mostly in the teenager or twenty-something group, but sometimes even in their thirties, forties, fifties) with so much skin showing and such tight tight clothing, they actually do look like prostitutes...and no, I am not calling them prostitutes, I am just saying, it is just the way they dress looks very much similar to how prostitutes dress.

If I wear an ordinary tank top, guess what, people are going to find it revealing, why????

Because it would reveal the fact, that relative to my size, I have large breasts.

So, I ask you guys this, would that "revealing" tank top all the sudden be considered skimpy, simply due to the way my particular body looks underneath it?

I know what you mean. If a smaller chested woman wore the same thing it would probably look less "sexy"

Even button-up collared shirts look sexual on me.

The only thing that hides my chest is a hoodie (not for all weather) or a baggy T-shirt from the men's department and that just makes me look sloppy.

I like women that're conservative, because it shows they're secure within themselves, to where they don't feel the need to try and make other guys drool over their private parts; namely, their breasts in this subject.

I think I look at it the same way as someone begging for attention!

Oh yeah, just blame it on "Eve"...

So if a girl gets raped, it suddenly becomes her fault, as she happened to be wearing provocative clothes, and was thereforeeee ultimately "begging" for it. Pa-leeze!!!!

When a woman is attractive, guess what, she'll get a whole lot of attention from the male-end of the species than she ever bargained for. From experience, I'll have you know that *I* needn't dress sexy for *men* to find me sexy. Perhaps it's my youth, my figure, my beauty or all three of these things, but why should I be judged for looking sexy, and or attractive, when the people who should really be judged here, are those that are doing the judging.

I know what you mean. If a smaller chested woman wore the same thing it would probably look less "sexy"

Even button-up collared shirts look sexual on me.

The only thing that hides my chest is a hoodie (not for all weather) or a baggy T-shirt from the men's department and that just makes me look sloppy.

Bingo, I feel you girl!!!

I don't remember anybody on the board implying that. Relax.

This was in reference to Northalius' quote regarding women who, according to him, are "trying" to make guys drool, and who are "begging" for attention.

I find this line of reasoning faulty as I, myself have countless times been the *victim* of male-"drooling", and of male-attention, while wearing something as casual as a tank top and jeans.

I can't imagine he was implying that it was okay to rape someone based on how they are dressed. I think he was just trying to say that the more provacatively a woman dresses, the more attention she will get from men but it won't be attention based on respect for the woman, it will be attention based on guys doing the "nudge nudge, wink wink, I would love to do her" (not that they would touch her or rape her). Men will always look at pretty women no matter how they are dressed, that is a fact of life....I think the issue here is not about wearing tank tops, it is about showing lots of cleavage and just dressing like a tart.

I think the issue here is not about wearing tank tops, it is about showing lots of cleavage and just dressing like a tart.

When I hear comments like this I can't help but feel as though there's a misogynistic tone that lies beneath them. So when a woman is wearing a top that happens to reveal lots of her cleavage, suddenly she's dressed like a tart? That seems like an erroneous, as well as an unfair assessment.

I was in no way implying that it's the girls fault for being raped soley based upon how skimpy she's dressed. That's just crazy for anyone to think, and I am not one of those people!

I wasn't even thinking of rape when this subject was brought up. I guess you're a bit sensitive, since you must've heard guys say it's the girls' fault for tempting men like this, and thus they rape women?

Sorry if you've met such people. Anyway, let's move on, shall we?

I was just plain and simply saying: When girls dress skimpy, it makes them look needy in some way, like begging for attention, or sexually [through the visual] teasing guys just for fun (which is childish). When your private parts are just about hanging all out, it gives me that impression, is all.

The size of your breasts is not the issue! It's how they're covered up, is what I'm talking about. Size is one thing which you cannot help, nor should you; it's apart of what and who you are. How you clothe yourself is another thing... at least to me.

All this especially matters if she's my girlfriend or wife walking in public. For reasons I gave in my other post above.

Calm down, girl. Sorry if I sound so judgemental, but it's just my personal taste. If you want to dress the way you dress, then so be it. I'm just giving reason behind why I like more conservatively dressed women.