Can someone please give me some insight?

Reno

I went on five dates with a girl. The last one was a really good one. We said goodnight and I sent her a text asking if she wanted to get together next week and I did not get any response of any kind. It has been about two weeks. How could someone just stop communication like this. I would understand if there was no interest but at the very least shouldn't she have said there was no interest? Any feedback would be appreciated as well as any advice on what I should or should not do at this point.

Anything could have happened. Maybe she got back together with an ex. Maybe she never really liked you that much. Maybe she met another guy. Maybe she moved to France. Who knows? Wondering is a waste of your time. Forget about her and move on to someone better.

first...let me say that you don't know anything. dont jump to conclusions is what im trying to say. being a girl...let me first say that most of the time when guys think im ignoring them..its just becuz i havent received their message. i wouldnt suggest getting all tied up over her tho..chances are she just might be ignoring you. DO NOT call her more than a few times..girls hate clingy guys. calling her gives her the impression that you care..but over doing it just makes her annoyed and less likely to talk to you. my suggestion would be to move on and find someone else. i know i just defended her situation..but it cant be good for you to wait up for her either. if she really likes you..she'll come after you

I went on five dates with a girl. The last one was a really good one. We said goodnight and I sent her a text asking if she wanted to get together next week and I did not get any response of any kind. It has been about two weeks. How could someone just stop communication like this. I would understand if there was no interest but at the very least shouldn't she have said there was no interest? Any feedback would be appreciated as well as any advice on what I should or should not do at this point.

so you only sent ONE text? that's it?

how do you know she even got the text? if you two were having really good dates, maybe things are fine. maybe she didn't get your text or something, and the fact that you haven't tried to contact her again, maybe she thought YOU weren't interested?

Someone could say the same thing about your interest level. If you stop contacting her because she didn't return 1 text message, how much could you really like her? especially after 5 dates.

I would call her and say hi.

Just to say that it's harsh if she's not responded - BUT I have received texts that were sent to me a week late over the last couple of weeks; I went north and my texts were all over the place. Sometimes I sent a message, and just the blank text were sent about three days later. So I would try giving her a ring, just because of my own experience with messages not getting through. Although it might not be that.

Oh, and I've also deleted text messages accidentally without opening them - not even knowing who sent them...my phone is much faster than I am!

Would it be a bad idea to make contact in order to get closure, I just want a reason for her not to be responsive. She expressed that she was very interested so I don't understand it.

If it were me and I had only been on 4 or 5 dates with someone I would hope he would pick up the phone and call me to ask me out again (if he hadn't asked me out at the end of the date) - a text seems impersonal and with no thought/effort put in. And, perhaps her phone wasn't working, etc. I would call her again and see what's happening.

If she is not interested in seeing you again then it would have been nice for her to return the call after 4 dates.

Thank you for all of your responses. I feel if she didn't get my text I would have heard something from her anyway. I feel really bad. Thank you all for your time.

you know, she might be thinking the same thing about you! you know, it is possible that her phone was broken, didn't get the text, accidentally deleted it.... etc....

if you give up on a woman because of one unreturned text message, what does that say about YOUR interest level? maybe she did return your text message and YOU didn't get it? and now she is wondering why you didn't respond back to her?

I don't get it, if you two had a good 5th date, why aren't you (either of you) trying a little harder? be confident within yourself.

I'm assuming she didn't give you her phone number to call at any point during the dating period? Since you're using text to communicate. ?

If she did not give you her phone number, then I (I'm not you, so do what you feel is right for you in this situation) would text her one more time. I'd probably say something like...

"Hey. I tried texting you on the night of our last date, asking if you'd want to get together next week, but you never responded to it. Curiosity has gotten the better of me, so I thought I'd send you one last text just in case you maybe didn't receive my last text before this one. If you don't want to see me anymore, I'm totally fine with that, as long as you are. If you do not respond to this text, then I'll understand by that alone. It was nice meeting you, and have a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a month, I cant believe it, still no calls or contact of any kind. Ive imagined the worst like she had another guy the whole time, although that doesnt add up, and I still wonder if she ever got that text. The problem now is its been an akwardly long time to make contact, I still think about her and wonder what really happened here. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find out what the real deal is without making myself look bad?

so you never contacted her? I am more of an old-fashioned type of girl, I prefer the man contact me, especially within the first stages of dating.

why didn't you just contact her again 2 weeks ago? I wouldn't be surprised at all if she's lost interest by now.....

Sometimes you have to decide what is more important, your pride or the girl... if all you did is text her once and never called her, she may not have gotten the text, and be wondering what happened to you... some women are very reticent about calling a guy they don't know that well, for fear of looking needy...

so i'd call her again if you really liked her and tell her you're calling to see how she's doing... if she doesn't answer the phone, or doesn't call back, then you can assume she isn't interested.

it would be rude if she did get the text and intended to blow you off, but also, could be she assumed the same of you if she didn't get it...

well u only went on 5 dates with her so i don't think that is long enough to really fall for someone. what made the last date better than the others, did she act different? did she show more interest? she could've met someone else or like some of the other people were saying she might've not been truly interested in u.

i can say from my own experience, i've dated one guy on a numerous times and just stopped calling him because i wasn't that interested in him and i didn't want to break his heart so i just avoided him, hoping he would get the hint. (i know that's bad but i was younger then i am now hehe). if u call her and she doesn't return your calls or she doesn't answer your txt messages she is probably trying to let u know she isn't interested.