What do you want to say to your ex?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate that you are irrational around me.

I hate that you freak out any time I bring up the money issues still lingering between us.

I hate that you told C that you don't want to be with your new girlfriend but yet tell me today that you are bringing her to the party just to hurt me.

I hate that you aren't the person I fell in love with.

I hate that I can't trust you anymore.

I hate that everyone STILL says we are going to work it out, meant to be together etc etc.

I hate that I still love you. And I hate that despite everything, I still want to be with you.

Since my balantly ignoring you, did not do a good enough job at demonstrating that I don't want to have ANYTHING to do with you. I'm going to spell it out for your febble mind. I do NOT want to have ANYTHING to do with you.

If you have to ask why, I have over-estimated your intelligence.

STOP trying to talk to me. STOP staring at me everytime you see me. STOP smiling at me in class. STOP effing looking at me for fsake. YOUR GIRLFRIEND KNOWS WHO I AM.

Don't come by my house with a mocha thinking I'll be flattered. Save it for your GIRLFRIEND. You know, the girl you cheated on me with. I'm sure she appreciate it after she **********.

YOU are a coward. Nothing of what I thought you were.

The night your dad had a heart attack and I stayed with you til the morning, you asked me why I stayed with you. I stayed because I still cared about you. You asked me why I hadn't turn away. I didn't turn away because I had faith in you. All that crashed and burned when I realize what a f-ing joke you are.

You run from all your problems. You side walk EVERYTHING. You have no consideration for me or anyone but yourself. You lie to your teeth. Now, I don't know if anything we had was real. All 10 years, just a f-ing lie. F you.

Leave me the hell alone.

BUT most of all, THANK YOU for showing me what dipsh*t you truly are. MAN was i blind. But never again. NEVER.

I'm sick of you. I'm way too tired to ever be bothered with you again. Yes, silent treatment maybe childish but that is as much as you'll ever get. My apathy. Be grateful. You called me a crazy * * * * *? Keep this up and you will REALLY see crazy.

Oh by the way, your oh so trust worthy best buddy really likes to talk. Karma already came for you. I looked up to you SO much. I gave you my all and you hated that. I hope you enjoy it when jen cheats on you again.

Have fun.

Thank you for your late, half-assed response to my cousin's death after making a big show of wanting to be there and all that. Give me a break.

Thank you for continuing to email to "check up on me" (too little too late BTW) but mostly tell me all about your trip to Cuba next week.

I wonder why you made a point of telling me you are going with friends and not the * * * * * you cheated on me with who is currently your girlfriend. I appreciate in particular being forced to remember these facts:

a) this was a trip we had planned to take

b) why are you telling me you are going with your buddies - just fact? - you haven't been honest with me from the start, and especially since the break up, why start now?

trying to make me feel better? trying to make me wonder if you broke up with M? lying to make me feel better?

c) that I don't want to know this and this is making me wonder all these things and I don't want to know anything about it. I want you out of my mind and out of my heart.

Today I was going through some papers and came accross my old credit card bill that had our last date on it. And I cried.

Did you want to know that, are you happy you are floating around goofing off at school and going on about your vacation and meanwhile I'm in tears over the memory of splitting a frigging pitcher of beer and a plate of nachos with you while we talked about our plans for Christmas and our vacation TOGETHER??

The hate is coming on stronger, but the ache and love are still there and I don't want them to be.

I'm really sorry about the way things ended. I really thought we had a chance -- there are still moments when I think about what might have been. We spent so long trying to build a future, it's still kind of weird that it didn't happen. And I'm not totally over you. You still haunt me in my dreams. Literally. Is it ever possible to get over a first love?

BUT -- in the end, I was right about you. You still snicker when your friends get engaged or married. I heard from a mutual friend recently that you are still married to your work. Right after we broke up, you promised everything would change, that yes, you wanted to get married and yes, you wanted to have kids, but look at you now -- you're still the same man who told me he wasn't ready to settle down.

You're a great person. I really miss having you in my life. I wish we could be friends. But I'm so glad I'm not still dating you.

I want to ask questions and get answers:

Why didn't you talk to me? No matter what is going through your head, you know you can always talk to me.

If you really were having the so-called 7 year itch, 7 years into our relationship, why didn't you simply tell me? And why wasn't I feeling the same itch? Why didn't you give us the chance to work on it?

Why did you cheat on me? Why did you betray my trust?

Why did you commit relationship suicide - a permanent solution to a temporary problem?

I wish you would stop talking to me. I wish that I could ignore you when you do...

You are so brilliant and mature in so many ways...except for emotionally. You need to learn some sensitivity. What you say and how you say it does actually matter... And people have moods. I'm sad every now and then...you could work on your comforting skills. I'm sorry I cry sometimes, but usually it was when one of your nasty comments penetrated my shield. For all your * * * * *ing about me being emotional, you aren't going to find a lower maintenance or less emotional girl, sorry.

You're selfish and insecure. I hope you aren't as angry as you say. Whatever family thing that you are going through and refused to tell me about...I hope it doesn't hurt you too much. I don't like how you talk to your family...you take such an entitled tone with them, I don't get it. You do what they ask, but never with a smile on your face...always so grudgingly...I know your life isn't perfect, but do you appreciate how much you have?-it's SO much more than most people could ever hope for.

You're so critical, but I always held back. I forgave you too many times, and too easily.

Were you really going to come down for Valentine's Day, or were you just screwing with me?

I'm going to miss watching hours and hours of sci fi with you, and talking about dorky things, and smoking cigars and drinking wine...listening to your stories and swimming in the ocean and staying in your family's gorgeous house. You showed me a whole new world, and you made me stronger. The sex was amazing, but I'm looking forward to being with a guy who enjoys giving as much as receiving again.

You have a lot to learn about how to treat people and how to be close to someone, but I can't help but hope when you do we might try again. But I also hope I stop wishing for that. It was mutual, it needed to end, but dammit it's hard. I know you're hurting too, but starting tomorrow you're going to have to deal with it on your own.

I loved you so much. What hurts me the most is that you knew how much you meant to me and you used me. I was young and inexperienced with true heartache. You taught me a lesson about life and love. I loved you more than anyone in life and you hurt me more than anyone in life. I don't think I can ever go through that again. I love you and like I said i'll always hold a special place in my heart even after your CONSTANT betrayal and rejection. I keep looking past the ugly things you did and looking at the sweet , caring, loving moments we had where our souls connected. We loved each other...a very pure love. I don't know if I will ever love anyone in the way I loved you and I don't know if anyone will ever love me the way that you did...that's what hurts the most. I miss loving you and you loving me.

It's such a shame that my luck is so bad that I was hurt so drastically by the man who I loved the most....twice. And despite their wrongdoing I still manage to forgive and love. Woe is me.

Thanks for sending me that message to let me kjnow that you're dating somebody else and that those girls you liked in high school have no chance of changing your mind about this girl because you're so sure about it. Come on now, if I don't hear anything from you in such a long time, this is not the kind of message that I expect to see...

By the way, I got all my taxes and financial aid forms done yesterday, and explored some investment options. I bet your daddy will be doing your taxes for you this year, too, because you're incapable of doing anything like that yourself. And may I add that getting your tax return will give you the perfect opportunity to give back the money that you owe me?

After we broke up, I hated you. You said things to me that you knew would cause me pain for quite some time. You understood how I operated and you knew just how to cut to the core with your most powerful weapons: your words. You acted like a villian. I chalk up my experience with you as just that: experience. Thanks much for teaching me that I can't trust everything that people say. Thanks for making me stronger, wiser, smarter, less-naive, less-gullible: all of that. After we broke up, I was tormented by my guilt. I know I did some things wrong... I should have never allowed you to convince me that there was an amount of truth in your lies.

Now, I think I've gotten past that. Instead, I greatly pity you. Someone like you will never know what it is like to truly love. For you, a woman, any woman, is sufficient as long as she provides you with sex...I'm glad I didn't allow your greasy I-love-yous to convince me to have sex with you. It was a sad experience for me because the first time I thought I had met someone I could support and admire was actually the complete opposite. I've experienced few things equally as disappointing. You'll never understand the true depth of connecting with another soul in great intimacy. You will struggle with pain all of your life because the cosmos will not allow your wrongs to go without justice. I know that you had a messed up childhood and thats why you're so messed up.

Lastly, I forgive you. I can't hold onto my rage forever. Its useless and my past is my past. You're dead and gone from anything of significance other then the lessons I learned about being a strong human being. Obsessing over my pain, over my hurt will only make me a victim in the end. As often as I've played it, I know God didn't mean that to be my part. I am here to heal...thank you for the experience so that I learned how to stand on my own...to know that in the end the only person I'll ever need is myself and God. In the end, I do wish that you are given a break according to what you deserve...and I hope you find your happiness...I say that with sincerity. I have truly forgiven and forgotten...I've risen above the pain and taken it as something to learn from. I've learned that I need to forget myself and focus solely on helping and uplifting others. I am finally free...but I had to be purged with a painful fire before I rose as a phoenix.

Which ex?

To Daniel: You will never change, you self centered, self rightous, fat, nasty, vindictive, manipulative p***k. I hate what you did to Ju ju, I hate that she got sucked in by your sales pitch.

Your going to kill youself by the timeyour 45, and its a shame, because you really are fantastic in bed, even if you are a low life.

To Jordan: Its sad that you are so sheltered from yourself. You could be so fantastic, its a pity that the only reason you treated me so well most of the time wasnt out of love, but for a need to control.

To Matt: I feel so sorry for your wife, I can see in her eyes she wants to run, but she cant becuase of your child.

Did you rape her too?

To Macca: I never forgot you, Im so glad our paths crossed again

Which ex? Good question...to another ex:

God, I think I was unfair. I looked at you and there was an adorable, loving little personality that I just wasn't ready to connect with. In the end it wouldn't have worked...we both knew that in the beginning...our ideological differences would never mesh. But that didn't stop us from being insanely attracted to each other. Perhaps because we were so different? I think I treated you unfairly. I tried to control you instead of letting you be who you wanted to be. I was on the rebound. I wanted you to fit into my mold. I hate that I did that. Through it all, you were pretty wonderful and I think you deserve the best. You were poetic and naive and sweet. Thank you for the time we had together even if its now over. I love you in my own way...even if it will never exist in a deep romance.

And another one:

You're so boring. I don't care if you're rich, don't you get that? YOU'RE BORING!

And another one: You need some serious therapy, my friend. I shouldn't have been involved with you b/c I don't have a degree in understanding how to understand psychotic males.

And another one: I don't see how you could think that I'd ever want to date you again? What in the world could you offer me?

And another one: Friends are friends for a reason. You're great, and you'll always be but man you can't make a spark when it ain't there! You'll find your great love, you deserve it.

I love you with all my heart.

I gave you everything that I could think of.

You seemed so happy when you were with me that I don't know what went wrong.

We had so many great trips together to Disneyland, New Jersey, Etc.

I know you loved me then and I wish you felt the same now.

I can't change your feelings now but I hope your feelings change when you remember me.

We have been through so many rough times together and this is by far the hardest.

Maybe this one can't be solved in a week or 2 weeks or even a few months like the others.

You got a bf within 1 week and I don't think you can love him the same as you loved me because your love for me was 2 years strong. You might be confused or maybe you really are in love.

I hope you see that I cared about you the most and more than anyone and that you can still have a future with me like you said you wanted back in the day.

I know you can't completely forget about me and I hope that in the end we will end up living our lives together no matter what happens during these times because I'll always love YOU and you always have a place in my heart. There's always a chance and always hope as long as we are alive.

I'm glad that we met but I hate the way you treated me in the end. I hate the fact that you NEVER were willing to come see me, I was always the one who had to drive to see YOU!

I hate the fact that you suddenly decided to have a hissy fit while we were in bed, the night of my BIRTHDAY, and you have to leave the bed immediately, cuz "i was moving around too much".

I hate the fact that you cannot seem to be honest while you demand to know little personal details about my life, when you don't even want me in it!!!

I hate the fact that you thought you were too cool for me, just cuz you have a kid, and only one kid, and I had none. How am I going to have a kid with someone who doesn't even want sex, and uses a condom each and every time??

LOL.. I hate the way you are so narrow minded about people, like single people or Jewish people, or people, who just don't share your particular lifeparth that you think you have the right to condemn them and ridicule them. I hate that, cuz i can see you have a bright mind. You just use it in stupid ways.

I hate the fact that your poor kid doesn't even have his own room! He's got to share the one bedroom with you. I hate that you don't think this is enough of a priority to do something about, meanwhile you buy all sorts of stupid stuff that could be used for a bigger place instead!

I hate the fact that you think it's perfect okay that you have never called me once, except for last week, since we last got together. I kissed your southend 6 ways from sunday. I didn't even get mad at you for calling me at 1 am in the flipping morning, when I hadn't heard from you for an entire week.

I hate the fact, that 20 minutes before, I was in downtown, where you were, wandering around by myself and feeling so lonely. You were out with your friends, having drinks! Did you ever think to call me to invite me out for a drink??? No.. never!

I hate the fact that you never wanted to come over here to my place and hang out! We could of had such fun, playing guitar and drums...going to the lake and walkign around. I hate that your kid never came over here and played tennis on the court nearby or went fishing. We could of had such fun! But you never wanted to bother.. i hate that!

I hate the fact that you presented to me a really nice guy.. One that was consider and friendly and charming.. but couldn't be bothered to live up to that once you got me where you wanted me...Why bother to call someone up the first night you meet them to see if they got home okay, then never to bother to call them up, when you yourself have told them to call YOU???

Why bother?? I hate all the damn stupid headgames you played on me.

I hate the fact that I trusted you, and let you get away with stuff from another guy just cuz I was so attracted to you and liked you so much.

I hate the fact that after we slept together the first time, I didn't hear from you for days. Or the next time I went over your house, after we first slept together, that you couldn't even be bothered to get up off your lazy * * * * and answer the door!!!

Or how i tried to flirt with you on the phone after we got it on the first time, and you just changed the subject!

I loved the fact we had sex. It was hot... it was too bad you didn't hardly want it more a few times. I hate the fact that I think you are probably bi or had sexual experiences with men in the past.

I hate that you cannot bring yourself to be a nice guy and just call me up! I don't understand that.. why you cannot just be a decent person.. cuz you act like it sometimes, and it's so confusing.....

Or is this all just a farce... an act you play to get someone to come to your house, and you screw their brains out, let them give you head, then decide they aren't good enough to ever call or think about again??

I hate the fact, that, after doing all kinds of kind things for you, I'm forced to think that you are nothing but a heartless cad!

I hate the fact that although we get along well together, you cannot even think of me as a friend anymore! I never did anything mean to you.. but you were inconsiderate of me over and over again and never once apologized for it!

I hate the fact that you dump me on my birthday of all days.. and then promised to call me "immediately" after you get off of work, only to call me never again!

I think you are a cold-hearted cad. But I hate the fact I cannot stop thinking of you. If you would only call me, I could get this off my chest.

Only you won't return ANY of my phone calls.

I HATE HATE HATE the fact the last time I spoke to you, a week ago, you acted like you could care less about me, and you couldn't stand me! I hate the fact that I actually had gave oral sex to someone who feels this way about me!

You make me mistrust all men now and I really really hate that! I've been through enough bad relationships. I hate the fact that you've made me feel like i'm worthless and ugly and no one decent would want me!

I hate the way you make me feel like i'm not even good enough to get into your car and come see me even though I'm only 20 minutes away.

I hate the fact my dog died a month ago.. and all those night I spent with you, I could of spent with a loving pet, instead of you!!! I hate the fact that you never met my dog.. cuz he was a really cool dog.

I guess maybe the fact you never owned a dog, you never knew what unconditional love is... The fact is.. you have so many conditions on just being a friend.

I thought I would drop my jaw when you told me you didn't have ANY friends at all who didn't have kids! Like not having kids somehow precludes your thinking they were worthy of your friendship!

I hate to think how your kid is going to come out with your selfish actions.

I hate how you told me, You didn't do any drugs really! Then the 2nd time I come to your house you are snorting oxycotodone! I hope you don't do something stupid like OD and your poor kid has to find you!

I hate that you don't even want to hardly speak to your ex-wife. That must really hurt your kid. I wonder what kind of crap your ex-wife had to go through. Must of been alot if you only stayed together for a year or so.

I hate that you have been so cold-hearted, you seemed like such a nice guy. I hate that I kinda of hate you now, while still really missing you.

I hate that I still want you, while you will never give me the time of day again. You are a bastard. I didn't need to meet any more of those. Thanks. For Nothing.

To a previous ex: Thanks for the chance to get to know you. You made me realize that there are special people out there.. And you are one of them. I'm sorry things worked out the way they did. I'd not been around people in a long time due to the places I lived. And I know you were on the rebound, in a huge way. You were an inspiration to me in alot ways, and at the same time, a source of much anguish and concern. I hope you didn't do some of the things you talked about.

I loved the way you made me feel as a woman, the way you loved what we shared in bed. I loved it too. I loved that you would call me every day, like clockwork, and tell me about your day. You made me feel so special, even though we'd not even had sex yet. I wish I had gone with you to Bonaroo. That was neat you even asked me.

Most guys I meet nowadays T, don't even invite me out for a drink, let alone a concert! You are a true gentleman. Well, at least in public, hehe!

You are a great person. I hate that you followed other people's opinions of things, that's where you did wrong. I hope you are happy. After all you've been through (with her) you sure deserve to be. You are a great father. I am sure you little girl is going to grow up to be a wonderful person as will your older girl. She's so lucky to have you to be her father, you know that?

I'm sorry you couldn't have been happy with me, but i think the way we looked at things were too different, perhaps.

I don't know. I hope you didn't tell me a line. One part of me hopes it was all lies too though. You seemed like such a good-hearted, kind of naive type of guy.

Thanks for the great sex. You were always so attractive in my eyes. I will never forget you.

Wow, I've seen a lot of nice things written about their exs. I expected to see more rage.

I need to vent so bare with me. I don't my ex as much as I should.

For three years you were the most amazing person I had ever met. Your energy ignited my life, inspired me to be a better person, and to above all, have fun in life. You were always that spark I needed when I was down and the usually the reason when times were great. I wanted the spend the rest of my life with you, watch our children grow up, and see you grow old.

But you threw all this away with a kiss. Meaningless kiss to my roommate. You just wanted some excitement, some drama, and where did that get you? I was going to take you to pick out a ring THE NEXT DAY. I was going to propose to you in 3 weeks. All of that was gone. Our hopes, our dreams, for what? Some excitement and a meaningless kiss.

So I forgave you. I chose you over my best friend, because even after what you had done I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. It was a drunken mistake. I do forgive you, but it will take a long time to forget the pain. You begged me to stay with you. To make this work. So I did. I gave it everything I had but held you at a distance. I couldn't bare to get hurt again, and didn't want you to forget what you had done to me.

I pushed you away for too long, and you never forgave yourself. You felt you made a mistake no one should forgive, and you blew your chance at a happy life. You met some guy you didn't even like, and because he complimented you and made you feel good about yourself when you were feeling the ugliest, you decided to try to make it work with him. You got feelings for him, and broke my heart.

A week later you came back to me in body, but not in spirit. You lied to me and kept seeing him. You nurtured that relationship and left me to try to make magic in ours. I did everything. I gave my life to us but it was never enough. You gave no effort, and just used me.

When you felt it was time, you forced me to break up with you. You are such a coward. You had an affair with another guy. So now you have cheated on me 2 times; once physically and now emotionally. You broke me down as a man, and turned me into nothing. I let you get away with this, because I knew if I put up a fight I would lose you forever. You always HAVE to get what YOU WANT. What about me? You are suck f***ing selfish.

I broke up with you and you call me on Xmas crying about how much you love and miss me. Giving me hope that we could make things work. We talk to each other as if nothing is wrong, but as soon as I return to town you won't have anything to do with me after you get your Xmas presents. You are awful.

I couldn't take you seeing someone else anymore so I tell you not to talk to me again until he is gone. 6 days later you call, begging to spend the rest of your life with me and wanting to make it work. Being weak, and give it a chance, but what is this? Oh, you haven't broken up with the other guy? And you don't want to yet? So the next day after telling me you want to be with me, you decide not now, next week I will break up with him after I spend the entire weekend with him. And guess what you are going to do whatever you want with him because YOU DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

You spend the weekend with him. I talk to you the following week and you offer to try counseling. We go because you promise to try. After one session you have given up, so what do you do? You spend the weekend with him AGAIN. You won't answer my calls, and this weekend things went a little too far so now it is over for good. Next time we go to counseling you end it with me. Thanks for the effort.

You changed. You were the girl of my dreams. The sweetest most genuine person I have ever met. Now you are a fake, easy trixie. You don't even wait for the tears on my cheeks to dry before you move into a serious relationship with your boy. You made me feel as if I meant nothing to you. That I AM NOTHING.

You've changed because you have bad friends. You try to blend, and are blending with a bad crowd. You also don't love yourself, and will never be happy until you do. GROW UP. DEAL WITH YOUR MISTAKES, and QUIT RUNNING. You've hurt a lot of people, but in the long run, will hurt yourself the most.

You changed. You were the girl of my dreams. The sweetest most genuine person I have ever met. Now you are a fake, easy trixie. You don't even wait for the tears on my cheeks to dry before you move into a serious relationship with your boy. You made me feel as if I meant nothing to you. That I AM NOTHING.

You've changed because you have bad friends. You try to blend, and are blending with a bad crowd. You also don't love yourself, and will never be happy until you do. GROW UP. DEAL WITH YOUR MISTAKES, and QUIT RUNNING. You've hurt a lot of people, but in the long run, will hurt yourself the most.

Thank you. Thank you for venting and letting me read your vent. Thank you for writing for the both of us, even if you didn't know you were. Thank you for writing when I cannot get myself to do anything but read...

I gave you everything I had. I gave you sex love and money. YOur emotions are insane. YOu want me then you dont. then do. Now you are trying to screw other chicks in my face then say you are mad at me. Now I want to kill if it where only legal to get ride of the men who use and abuse then laugh at and leave. My last words to you . U should'nt have done me this wrong I hate you and want you to know how many nights I cried over and over.

Wow....Ruby.. i can relate very much to what you have written here. I often feel like that too.

Geez... it stinks, doesn't it?

"I don't know what happened to the man I loved.

I don't know why you are acting this way.

I don't know why I still care because I shouldn't.

I still love the good and keep trying to excuse the current bad and I shouldnt.

I wish I could hate all of you and start moving on faster.

I hate how this whole thing has made me feel about myself.

I hate how I'm having trouble trusting people because of you.

I hate how I know question all my thoughts, instincts, and people-assessing skills. I thought I was pretty intuitive and you totally got past my radar."

I feel now, sort of hopeless about meeting a good guy cuz I thought he was one, and so fooled me completely! I've sort of lost faith in men.. that they will be decent to me, and not just used for and discard me like yesterday's trash.

Archived