THE most romantic thing someone has done for you?

I just thought this would be fun. It doesn't have to be sex related.

Here's mine:

On my first date with my now lover, we were sitting in a bar/resturant talking. The movie "A Walk to Remember" came on one of the TVs behind the bar. When this one song came on, I melted. I told him, "I love this song. It's so sweet." Without a word, he pushed away from the bar and pulled me to my feet and proceded to slow dance with me in the middle of the resturant. (Mind you there is no dancefloor there.) He held me close and danced with me until the end of the song. When he went to the restroom, the bartender commented, "So I guess this isn't your first date." "As a matter of fact it is", was my reply.

lets see, i was sitting on a couch in my living room, waiting for my boy to get home. he walked in the door, and said, "i have a present for you," i was like "aww" but didnt expect anything much.

he pulled out a teddy bear, dressed in a turkey costume for thanksgiving. i read the tag on it and it was in support of the "luekemia and lymphoma society -- fighting blood cancers". i started crying, because my dad was diagnosed with leukemia last year, and he doesnt have a lot of options left with it, if it comes back.

so the fact that he went out of his way to buy this teddy bear, made me just fall into his arms. it means so much to me.

I just thought this would be fun. It doesn't have to be sex related.

Here's mine:

On my first date with my now lover, we were sitting in a bar/resturant talking. The movie "A Walk to Remember" came on one of the TVs behind the bar. When this one song came on, I melted. I told him, "I love this song. It's so sweet." Without a word, he pushed away from the bar and pulled me to my feet and proceded to slow dance with me in the middle of the resturant. (Mind you there is no dancefloor there.) He held me close and danced with me until the end of the song. When he went to the restroom, the bartender commented, "So I guess this isn't your first date." "As a matter of fact it is", was my reply.

what song???? i love that movie!

My first BF was the most romantic guy ever.

For Valentine's day he took me to a movie, and when we got back to his place, he had a picnic set up in his room for me. We had only been dating a couple of months at that time, but he showed me how much he cared by remember every "favorite" thing I had mentioned...he had all my favorites foods, favorite dessert, even my favorite band playing on his stereo. Then flowers and a necklace.

It was so cute.

The BEST romantic thing anyone's ever done for me was when one my ex's, he was 29 at that time, and I was 20, so I guess he was ready to get married. I wasn't.

It was Valentine's Day. He planned a romantic dinner, and when we got out of the restaurant, he tells me to wait in front so that he can pull up the car so that I didn't have to walk too far.

He pulls up, opens the door, and hands me a bouquet of one dozen red roses, and asked someone to take a picture of us right then and there.

Afterwards, he drove me to a ritzy resort. This was at night. We didn't stay the nigh. Just hung around at the lounge a bit, and he took me into this BEAUTIFUL garden, and led me to a gazebo and asked me, "Wouldn't it be nice if we had a wedding here?"

It was so sweet, because he planned everything out. I would have to say that is the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for me. I won't ever forget that.

It was "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore. The one her character sings during the play they're in.

There's a song that's inside of my soul

It's the one that I've tried to write

over and over again

I'm awake in the infinite cold

But you sing to me over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands

And pray to be only yours

I pray to be only yours

I know now you're my only hope

Sing to me the song of the stars

Of your galaxy dancing and laughing

and laughing again

When it feels like my dreams are so far

Sing to me of the plans that you have

for me over again

And I lift my hands

I pray to be only yours

I give you my destiny

I'm giving you all of me

I want your symphony

Singing in all that I am

At the top of my lungs I'm giving it back

And I lift my hands

I pray to be only yours

I pray to be only yours

I can't think of one specific grand jesture but it's all the little things he does that I think are so romantic.

For example, one time I was stressing (almost in tears) over trying to finish a project in the computer lab all day and he walked in out of the blue with a picnic lunch for me (even tho you're totally not supposed to have food or drink in there...). It made me feel so loved and taken care of. He's the only person who can make me feel better when I'm sad or stressed.

Cleaned my appartment, Drew me a bath and cooked me dinner all in one night.

I did almost the exact same thing for my girlfriend! She was having a bad week at work, so I had roses delivered to her at work, cleaned the entire apartment, picked up dinner from one of her favorite restaurants, picked her up from work (I drove her that day, but that's a different story) and had a hot bath with candles waiting for her when we got home.

I'm the more romantically inclined of the two of us...but she's taking me to a resort in Florida for Christmas, so what she lacks in surprises, she makes up for with her generosity.

My boyfriend drove to visit me (3 1/2 hours) and brought me two things. One was a framed picture of us from a wedding we had gone to. The other was a purple orchid plant. He got it because 1) I had said I wanted a plant for my apartment 2) My favorite color is purple 3) he had wanted to get me something for my apartment and 4) orchids are my favorite flower.

The other one is that one of the times I went to visit him, he made a playlist of relaxing songs. Then we gave each other back massages and then just lay there together. I can't explain it, it was just so nice.

I miss him so much. I can't wait until I can move back there.

My boyfriend does romantic little things for me to make me feel cared for and special pretty much all the time...he LOVES to cook, so he'll make us special meals, and that's pretty awesome.

I would have to say that what stands out, though, is how he told me he had fallen for me and wanted to be with me. It was the day before I was supposed to fly home to spend Christmas with my parents, and I was working frantically at my office to finish everything I had to get done in preparation for being gone for a week.

My phone rang, and it was him...he asked if I had a few minutes. I said "well, I'm pretty busy, but what's up?" He said, "can you come outside?" Curious, I walked out the door...he was there with a Christmas gift for me. It was a DVD of a movie that he had gone to see last summer. He said when he walked out of that movie theater, all he could think was that he wished we had gone to see it together, because the quirky main character reminded him so much of me. And that was when he realized he was falling for me.

Wrapped around the DVD was the sweetest, most romantic letter I've ever gotten....he writes for a living so it was like getting a love note from Shakespeare, LOL. He told me to take the holidays to think about what I wanted, but he hoped that when I came back I'd give us a chance. When I was gone, we talked on the phone every night for 2-2.5 hours...and when I came back, there was no question in my mind.

So that was nice.

Neither my GF and I are good with big gestures or huge surprises, but she does lots of little things that I consider romantic. Like when she can she walks me to work or stops by to see me on my lunch break. The one big thing she did that I loved was she sent me purple roses on my birthday last year because she knew purple is my favorite color. I didn't tell her but I knew they weren't easy to find so she must have searched a while for them. And no one had ever sent me flowers before so that made it even more special.

When my boyfriend and I met in real life for the first time I couldn't believe it because he is exactly the kind of man I had been dreaming of all my life. I told him that it felt so surreal; like a dream because he was so perfect for me. He just held my hand, put it onto his chest so I could feel his heartbeat and said, "I'm real".

OH MY GOD THAT SOUNDS PERFECT!

Sometimes, when me and my boyfriend are just sitting in my living room, he does that smallest things to make me happy.

Like brush my hair out of my face

Or touch my cheek

And look into my eyes and tell me he loves me

Or that I'm beautiful (even though I disagree)

He's just so perfect.

I guess it doesn't take much to make me happy.

This is something I did when dating someone years ago. She told me all her favorite candies while on one of those late night phone talks. Just making small talk. I jotted them all down (almost didn't capture them all since she was speaking so fast). Halloween was a few months away, thank goodness, because I had to go to about 5 different stores to get all the different candies. They were mostly hard candies such as butterscotches, pez, jolly ranchers. Anyway, boxed them all up with a Peanuts card with Snoopy bringing Woodstock a sack full of candy saying, "when you're cool, you don't have to go trick or treating, the candy comes to you". She loved it. She said "I can't believe you got everyone of my favorites!" That's probably more cute, than romantic.

• 4 months later...

A couple of years ago my ex had a singing show at college. She was really nervous because singing wasn't something she enjoyed, she was there for dance. Anyway, she sang "Sway" (Bic Runga) which was, like most couples I'm sure, our song. It was beautiful. I stood up at the back at the room so she could see me, and our eyes never left each other's for the whole song. At the end while everyone was clapping, she whispered "I love you" into the microphone. I could have cried I was so happy.