If You Have Something to Say to Your Ex. . .

If there's something you need to say to your ex but didnt have the chance, what would it be? When my fiance left me, I started writing in my journal about how I felt.

To those who need to vent and get the anger and pain out, here's your chance to pseudo talk to your ex. Let it all out here and revisit it as much as you can. I believe reading your own messages over and over lessens the pain.

Let me start. I wrote this 9.8.06, 12:59am:

Wael, still cannot sleep but it's ok because I need to tell you so many things. Now it's my turn to tell you my disappointment. First let's start when you were having all these problems in NY, before you moved with me. I knew the relationship would be cursed. I've been told so many times never to enter a relationship with someone who has so many problems. YOU HAD MAJOR ISSUES with your personla life my friend. But I held on and saved you. Yes Wael, I saved your so many times and did I ever abandon you? Or lose my temper? Yeah so I lost my temper that night - SO WHAT?? BIG DEAL!! You packed and left in front of my daughter so many times and it shows what a weak human being you are. You are a kid, a boy who likes to run away. You're 30 years old but you are nowhere near the maturity level that I am in. As soon as you moved in my house, the place got so dark, messy and gloomy.

I am so free from you now and so is my daughter and my house. You will never be able to step your cursed behind in our lives ever again! Go bring your bad luck somewhere else but as far away from us as possible!! You may be good looking but all that will go away because you are lazy, arrogant, and looks will never take you far. You should know that because look where you are now. You may be good looking now but all that will go away along with the hair on your head. You will still be a nobody and you are nobody to my daughter, remember that! You have no claim to her strength and character because I raised her. You have no business around me or my house. I am throwing away any material that is someway linked to you - I do not want your bad luck lingering around my family. Go away - since that's what you're good at. You benefited a lot from me but I never gained anything back. That's ok. I gained the strength to realize what a weakling you are. Your life is a disaster that cannot be fixed if you keep blaming others. But you are too arrogant to even think that there's something wrong with you. I wish you all the best even if i know you will fail because you are cursed! And dont blame God for your troubles because it again shows what an arrogant bastard you are. I am so smart not taking you back. The sun is now shining down upon me but dark clouds will always linger above you.

(Still feels as good as the first time I wrote it.)

"I'm sorry for not appreciating you and not always giving you the love you deserved...I wish you could have told me earlier so that I could have tried to fix things. I'm still going to try so that I won't mistreat the next man who comes into my life. I really hope that it's going to be you again...that you still care enough to give us one more chance someday down the road."

I think that the day I parted with the cheater, liar and deceiver, that I pretty much said everything I had on my mind to him. I dumped him and it was due to his cheating on me for quite a long time.

I told him exactly what I thought of him at the moment I told him to get lost. There is Not much more I would say to him at this point, except,,,,,,,, that it has been " good riddance,to get you out of my life."

I don't see how people could turn from love to hate. Once I love someone, I could never hate them. Well, here's what I'd say if I had the chance:

Monica, I know you thought I was the perfect guy when we met, I only wish today I could still be the perfect one for you. You were not perfect for me, but perfection dose not matter when you love someone. I would have tried my best to keep you happy, I never would have hurt you. I'm sorry for not talking to you after the breakup, if I'd known it would be the last time we ever spoke to each other I would have talked much longer than the 2 hours we did on the phone. I miss you so much, I tried to be perfect for you. What happened over the 2 years we were together? Wasn't I good enough for you? I should have seen the signs over the years. You never talked about future plans together with me, you said you didn't feel ready to do so. I was too caught up in my own world to see you didn't want me. There's something I never planned to tell you. When you first said you loved me, I only thought of you as a friend. I wasn't interested in girls yet. But being with you over the next two weeks made me change my mind. Then during the next 3 months when we were separated, I grew to love you, and when I got you back I wanted to keep you forever. Over time, my love for you only grew, while you lost your love for me. Now that we went our separate ways, my only regret is choosing NC once we broke up. If I didn't do that we could still be friends at least. I'd do anything to hear your sweet vioce one last time. Goodbye Monica, you will be in my heart forever.

Well, what'd y'all think? I plan on finding Monica again once I move out of my families house. I'll even hire a PI to find her, just so I can have closer so I can finally move on. I just want to tell her she made a big difference in my life. If it wasn't for her meeting me the same week I planned to kill myself, I wouldn't be alive today and I wouldn't have Jesse.

So, it's been ten years. I am here in the US where you said I would never survive. And you are alive and unharmed, like you said you wouldn't be if I left. Threatening to kill yourself doesn't always get you your way. Obviously you weren't that serious, or else you would have done it. And threatening to cheat just out of revenge was just a plain stupid move. Did you really think I would drop and give you whatever you wanted out of fear of you sleeping with somone else?

Control is not the answer. You held too tight, yet still pushed me away. Staying home would have made me miserable, and thereforeeee easier for you to manipulate. I guess you thought you had it all figured out, God were you wrong...

You never wanted a real relationship with somone who was equal to you. All you wanted was someone to linger down below and worship you high on the pedestal you built for yourslf. I was not your ***** like you wanted. I don't think you will ever truly find what you want. And for that I feel sad for you.

I wish you luck in life. I hope that in ten years you have grown up even if it's just a little. I know you probably won't see this, and if you do you probably won't realise who has written it or that it is even about you. But maybe you might remember the way you treated me and feel a small bit of remorse.

But I doubt it.

" You had a great women and a wonderful little family and you left us. You will always look back on this and it will haunt you. Your heart will be filled with regret. You will always wonder "what if". And this is what you deserve. A life long torture of "what ifs."

I let go you now. Knowing that I did all I could. You knew my circumstances before you came back.

Hell, you knew them when you sitting right here in my living room. Yet you didn't say a f***ing word. What a great act. "

"Maybe you were bored and we filled your time. But now you choose being "alone" over us.

I know you keep your ex girlfriend around. Don't think I didn't know. I know there is a "friend" in ******.

The dumbest thing I ever did was to trust you. You can never loved anyone. You don't even love yourself. You are a weak man. It's too bad because you could've been a great one."

"I can do better"

I don't see how people could turn from love to hate..

I respect your thoughts on that MewSkitty . However ,what I feel for my EX is not necessarily hate, but it is pure disgust and repulsed by the thought of him.

He lied to me, cheated on me more than once, put my health at risk by sleeping with other women behind my back, plus he had HEP C just a few years back, and he never told me of that.

He hid that from me and I only found out from family members of his after the fact. It was probably a minor risk that I could have contracted hepatitis C from him, but nevertheless there was a risk that he didn't inform me of.

It is hard to say that I love any part of that man anymore. All I feel is complete and total disgust and sickened by the thought of him.

I would want to say:

Mr X, I thought you were the most perfect man in the entire world, however I was wrong, you didn nothing but put me down and hurt me, you made me cry and you toyed with my emotions. I never let you down, I gave you my heart and I got pain in return. I want to let you know that Im stronger than you think, I broke up with you and Im vey happy. You did nothing but drag me down. You will never be happy in life because your such a small minded jerk.

SO just saying thanks for making me realise that I shouldnt give out 2nd chances and that im worth so much more

I am so glad that God brought you into my life. I have learned so much about myself since we've been together-and even more since you've gone.

Even though I'm depressed, I know what I need to work on to feel more whole. Sometimes you were very rigid, and you projected a lot of your insecurities and stuff on me, and quite frankly, sometimes you were just plain boring- but I still love you with all my heart. Please come back. The blinders are off-I know we can make it work if you give us a chance darling.

dear s

I deserve more than what you've given me. we've both made mistakes but and we both forgave each other for that. I made all the mistakes in the beginning, but I changed and loved you and when I said you were my baby, you really were. I wasnt the one who left, i wasnt the one who started looking for other people, i wasnt the one who didnt let go of some mistakes done a year ago. I was the one who went to your house at 7am half drunk and bought you bandages for your wounds even though we were broken up and you went out with the guys I was jealous of. I was the one who saw the potential in something beautiful that would have gotten in between us. I accepted your imperfections and hoped you would have accepted mine. you said you were unhappy with me and with your whole life, I would have even enjoyed your misery with you! and yet you left me and blamed me for your unhapiness. I am the one who strived to make you happy and treat you special, considered your feelings and made sure you were on top of your game, because I wanted to, not because I felt obligated to like you did. I didnt start dating other people, hanging out with other men when we broke up. I treated you with respect, and you disrespected me.

I dont deserve that. and yet, here i am, still loving you like the day we were at halfmoon bay.

"I'm sorry for not appreciating you and not always giving you the love you deserved...I wish you could have told me earlier so that I could have tried to fix things. I'm still going to try so that I won't mistreat the next man who comes into my life. I really hope that it's going to be you again...that you still care enough to give us one more chance someday down the road."

Why don't you actually say that to your ex, laboheme? I've followed some of your threads, and it seems he might actually be open to hearing this.

Dear C

Although we agreed to be friends, the reason why i have been avoiding you is because it still hurts when i see or hear from you.

the reason why you contact me is not because you want to be friends it's because you still feel guilty for what you did to me.

one day that guilt will fade and you will forget about me. But as for me, heartache lasts longer than guilt.

Dear ______,

HELP. The dishwasher is broken again, I can't figure out how to program my heat thermostat, my computer is acting up, and one of my stereo speakers stopped working. PLEASE COME OVER AND FIX THIS STUFF.

( Thought I'd inject a little humor here...my ex can fix anything in the world - I mean, ANYTHING - while I'm decidely not handy. It seems everything in my house turned to crap immediately following our break up.)

Ex,

You are cold-hearted and selfish. The way I see it you never really gave a damn about me. You just pretended to. It was always going to be the same thing with me that it was with your previous ex's. Unless things were perfect or exactly how you wanted them you would hang around until you got someone else better. I gave you way too much credit. I thought we were different.

You will be hard pressed to ever find someone else who is as fun and adventurous and real as me. I gave it my all. You just ended up playing commitment games- one foot in the door one foot out the door. I never claimed to be perfect and I made my mistakes for which I am well aware of. But I would have never left and would have done whatever necessary to make us better.

You left. You destroyed what took four years and so much hard work and sweat to build. Why you would leave just as things were improving I will never know. You even acknowledged how things were better. You left all your stuff we moved accross country. You left stuff you owned before you even met me. Why was it so important to move it all the way accross country? You left like the house was on fire. You were a waste of my life.