Girls asking guys out

My guy friends and I were talking one day at lunch and one said that it's so great when girls ask the guy out. He, and the others who agreed, felt that it was such a sign of confidence and it was actually an attractive thing, which surprised me becasue I always took him to be the traditional type. Personally, I would love to be asked out rather then do the asking. This could have somethign to do with the fact that I'm slightly lazy though....... and scared, lol.

Why would it seem desperate or pushy?!

Geez, we wimmins are people too. I see nothing wrong with a woman asking a man out.

If he doesn't like it: eh, he either wasn't interested to begin with, or he may be looking for a docile pliable woman who will take what comes to her.

Asking men out puts the power back in our hands. haha!

Seriously though, time to get rid of these ridiculous rules.

Guys say that they love it. However, I wouldn't do it. Why? Guys want to chase the girl. Everyone thinks something is worth more if it costs more--- and it dating-- the "cost" is the time and energy, etc. However, if you like someone look your best and give off that single vibe. Depending on your situation, you can always spread the word through mutual friends that you think he is hot. I'm simply against taking on the traditional "man" role in certain aspects of dating. Men need to feel many, needed, and need to chase the you until you finally give in and grace him with your presense.

What does everyone think about girls taking the initiative to ask guys out? Is it cool or does it seem desperate and pushy?

we need more girls with that kinda attitude...

there is no set rule for who should ask....anyways, have fun!

What does everyone think about girls taking the initiative to ask guys out? Is it cool or does it seem desperate and pushy?

It's necessary. Otherwise men like me would never date (sadly, we seldom do). It may seem pushy or what have you, but the bottom line is, as someone already said... someone's got to make a move. Why not the girl for a change?

It's necessary. Otherwise men like me would never date (sadly, we seldom do). It may seem pushy or what have you, but the bottom line is, as someone already said... someone's got to make a move. Why not the girl for a change?

Shoot, at least you seldomly date. I'd pay 500 beans to upgrade my dating status to seldom.

Okay, I was speaking in general. My last actual date was over two years ago, Kyo. I mean, c'mon. That's not good.

To me, that says LOSER. Case closed.

That's still more than me. The last date I had will be the first date I'll have. That spells BIGGER LOSER. neh neh neh neh neeeeh neeeeeeh!

I was definitely only talking about myself. If you don't see it as a problem, then it's not one for you.

But when I look at my life and myself, and the fact that it has been that long for me, I cannot possibly look at myself and think that's okay. Because - for me - it's not. I'm not living up to my own standards of where I'd like to be. I'm falling far short and I hate myself for it.

I hope you don't view yourself the same way, Kyo.