He's asked me out for drink but I want to be friends

Hi, 

I met a guy in a club over a year ago and slept with him. We took each other's numbers. He's asked me if I want to meet up for dinner. I'm interested in reconnecting but only as friends, not really attracted to him. I think he likes me, as he's sent texts before late at night asking if I'm out drinking. Should I agree to meet up or is it just not worth it? He is a really nice and funny guy which is why I'm still interested but don't want to end up hurting him. Thanks

12 minutes ago, Mikelona88 said:

I met  a guy in a club over a year ago and slept with him. he's sent texts before late at night asking if I'm out drinking. 

It seems like he's looking for hookups, not friends. He may be a nice guy but why waste your time? 

1 hour ago, Mikelona88 said:

Hi, 

I met a guy in a club over a year ago and slept with him. We took each other's numbers. He's asked me if I want to meet up for dinner. I'm interested in reconnecting but only as friends, not really attracted to him. I think he likes me, as he's sent texts before late at night asking if I'm out drinking. Should I agree to meet up or is it just not worth it? He is a really nice and funny guy which is why I'm still interested but don't want to end up hurting him. Thanks

Yes I'd love to meet up -always looking to make new friends - would lunch during the workday be ok?

So you make it clear it's not a date.

3 hours ago, Mikelona88 said:

I met a guy in a club over a year ago and slept with him. We took each other's numbers. 

It seems like you're in his contacts as a hookup, not a friend. Is this a same sex situation? 

• Like 2

Let's say you did become platonic friends, and then each of you got into serious relationships with others? Do you really think his gf and your bf would welcome you two hanging out when you are truthful, which you should be, that you two once hooked up?

Tell him no thanks and then delete and block his number. You also don't want to start dating a guy and then your phone buzzes with texts from him that your date will raise an eyebrow at if he catches sight of it. Is being buddies with the guy worth the headache?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Andrina said:

Let's say you did become platonic friends, and then each of you got into serious relationships with others? Do you really think his gf and your bf would welcome you two hanging out when you are truthful, which you should be, that you two once hooked up?

Tell him no thanks and then delete and block his number. You also don't want to start dating a guy and then your phone buzzes with texts from him that your date will raise an eyebrow at if he catches sight of it. Is being buddies with the guy worth the headache?

I agree - modifying my opinion above.

8 hours ago, Mikelona88 said:

First off, he's not looking for "friends," and if you agree to meet up, you're sending the covert message you're interested in another hook up.  Then you're faced with him sexually coming on to you, pawing and you, and you basically fighting off his advances.

He's not looking to date you either, men who want to date you do NOT text you late at night asking if you're out drinking.   They're hoping you are and that you invite them to join and/or meet at your place or his for another round of .... sex.

I can't speak for you obviously, but if me and I wasn't interested in another hook up it would be no thank you.

Secondly, if you decline, trust me you won't be "hurting" him. His ego maybe, but NOT him.  He'll get over it.

• Like 1

On what basis have you decided you want to be friends with this fellow?  One year ago, a one night stand ... doesn't sound like the foundation for much.  I'd also question how much he likes you.  It took him a whole year ago after your hookup to reach out?   Not quite enthusiastic behavior.

18 hours ago, Mikelona88 said:

I'm interested in reconnecting but only as friends

But he doesnt. in fact, i guarantee you he only remembered you exist because he wants, hm lets see, more sex. Same with "Are you out drinking with friends" texts. Just more invitations for sex. That guy isnt interested in being your friend, nore in a relationship with you for that matter. He is just interested to get into your vagina again.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

. He is just interested to get into your vagina again.

At this stage we don't know if the OP is male or female.  In a previous thread s/he talks about a girlfriend, and in this one having sex with a guy.  It is a bit confusing. Perhaps the OP can clarify (not that it really matters I guess).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1