Best Break-Up Song Ever...

On 1/5/2024 at 4:38 PM, Wiseman2 said:

I was going to submit this song but I didn’t think anyone here was really old enough to know it. Anyways, I’ve only heard it sung by the group The Left Banke; didn’t know The Four Tops sang it as well. Thanks!

On 1/5/2024 at 12:26 AM, rainbowsandroses said:

Hey guys, so I've been thinking a lot about my brother lately who passed away late 2022, much too soon.  And how I wish we could have been closer and that I could have been a better sister because well, we just don't know how long we have left.

Anyway, in memory of him and to all the couples who are struggling, I wanted to link this song, one of my faves, a classic.  The video is from the movie "One Day" which is a great flick too if you haven't seen.

I listened to it most of last night, had a good cry, and for anyone going through a tough time, whether in their relationship, a break up, a death or with something else, I highly recommend isolating yourself for a bit, downloading some inspirational tunes on your phone, putting in your earbuds and chilling.  

Cry, scream, hit a punching bag, whatever you need to do.  

I know I'm going to strive to do better in 2024, and hope it's a really good year for myself and everyone.

Enjoy! 💛

Sorry to hear about your brother rainbows and roses. I wish you much peace, health, and happiness in 2024! 

Sorry, I don’t know how to upload videos (or whatever it’s called; not real computer savvy here). These two songs aren’t real sad, but they were real popular back in my day; the early 80’s. The first one is called “Jeopardy” by Greg Kihn. Play the wedding video, it’s also called the official video. Make sure you play it to the end. 

The second song is called “The Breakup Song” again, by Greg Kihn. Hope you enjoy it.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Vesna said:

Sorry, I don’t know how to upload videos (or whatever it’s called; not real computer savvy here). These two songs aren’t real sad, but they were real popular back in my day; the early 80’s. The first one is called “Jeopardy” by Greg Kihn. 

Thanks @Vesna!  That's a great tune! 

Here's the video.

• Like 1

Riccardo  Fogli..

1982.. unbelievably stunning man, then and now,  and one of a kind singer. .❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

Disperato

che farai

ora sei da solo. Sempre pronto a giocar duro spalle al muro

ma che anima hai. Disperato

com'è stato

che stavolta muori proprio tu

per il gusto

di aver tutto

quanti amici hai distrutto

Disperato dov'è andato

quel coraggio che avevi in più

Grande l'amore

che non vedevi

per non smentirti

tu ne ridevi

lei   l'unica donna

che in cambio non ti ha chiesto nulla

e tu disperato

hai detto: "è un gioco in più".

Disperato

ora sai

qual è il giorno

da scegliere per spaccare la tua vita

ecco è già finita anche per te

Grande l'amore

che non vedevi

lei non s'è persa

come credevi;

per l'unica donna

che in cambio non ti ha chiesto

nulla sei solo un disperato, un disperato in più.