Best Break-Up Song Ever...

Hey guys, so I've been thinking a lot about my brother lately who passed away late 2022, much too soon.  And how I wish we could have been closer and that I could have been a better sister because well, we just don't know how long we have left.

Anyway, in memory of him and to all the couples who are struggling, I wanted to link this song, one of my faves, a classic.  The video is from the movie "One Day" which is a great flick too if you haven't seen.

I listened to it most of last night, had a good cry, and for anyone going through a tough time, whether in their relationship, a break up, a death or with something else, I highly recommend isolating yourself for a bit, downloading some inspirational tunes on your phone, putting in your earbuds and chilling.  

Cry, scream, hit a punching bag, whatever you need to do.  

I know I'm going to strive to do better in 2024, and hope it's a really good year for myself and everyone.

Enjoy! 💛

• Sad 1
19 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

For @Love Elvis 🙂

Thank you @rainbowsandroses and I’m so sorry for your loss.

I’m listening to this - “I’m not giving up tonight” (title says it all!) by Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds. I love the lyric “If you want me to stay, child, I can be the port from the storm outside”. The song isn’t about a breakup as far as I know (hard to say with Noel!!) but I’m claiming it as a breakup song 😆

We don't always get all that we want

Redefine the pain to something more

And we shall overcome, as we’ve done before 😊😊😊

11 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

For when you don't want to part but you know it's for the best, song by a national treasure:

I have a friend who's a wedding DJ.  He told me a lot of people use this (or the Whitney Houston cover) as their wedding song.  Apparently not many people pay attention to the lyrics, lol. 

• Haha 1

Out of these two, Black packs a bigger punch.  The lyrics are a lot more dramatic and it really captures the pain.  It's more about what it feels like when you first break up with someone. 

Here Without You is more like when some times has passed and you just can't let go of this person (What I'm going through right now, actually.) 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Cynder said:

I have a friend who's a wedding DJ.  He told me a lot of people use this (or the Whitney Houston cover) as their wedding song.  Apparently not many people pay attention to the lyrics, lol. 

Lol. Don't think that's the best way to be starting a marriage. Kind of like people seeing Romeo and Juliet as romantic when the play is a tragedy, the kids only had two conversations with each other so didn't know each other, and they both end up dead. Hope I don't find a romance like that.

• Like 1