Talk About Spontaneous!

1 hour ago, AndieA said:

Rooting for you and hope the Sunday date went well!  That is how I met my boyfriend, his dog ran and jumped up on me.  🐕💖

I need something like this to happen, I get chased by dogs when jogging round the park but the owners are usually elderly men or women sadly 😂

• Haha 4
7 hours ago, AndieA said:

Rooting for you and hope the Sunday date went well!  That is how I met my boyfriend, his dog ran and jumped up on me.  🐕💖

Funny thing is I go to two local dog parks and have met a handful of people who met their significant other at the dog park!

If someone is single and and love dogs and will take care of a dog like taking care of a child, get a dog and mingle at the dog park! Your chances of finding someone there are just as good as anywhere now 😁

• Like 3
On 11/25/2023 at 5:28 PM, mylolita said:

When I was dating, I was never in the texting camp because my flip phone wasn’t the type of phone you would send tonnes of texts on like a smart phone these days… wow, that makes me feel old, even though I’m *only* (ha ha) 33 🥲🤣

It was calls “back in the day!” 🥹🤣 Good ol’ 2008…! Where are you?! 

x

Ha.. my 'back in the day' was  1988..when it was: 1 - call on landline  2- knock at door 3-write a letter, on paper, with a pen...

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TheCrow said:

Ha.. my 'back in the day' was  1988..when it was: 1 - call on landline  2- knock at door 3-write a letter, on paper, with a pen...

I LOVE THIS CROW! 

I wish I’d been back there! The 80s seemed like such a cool era! 

I was born 18th December 1989 - I only saw a few weeks of the 80s! Shame! 

x

• Like 1
Just now, rainbowsandroses said:

Yes! Or cards and notes.  

One of my ex's from years back (together six years, lived together and iengaged) would leave me the sweetest notes.  He would also buy me cards, no occasion, just cause. 

I really loved that about him. 

That is a really sweet touch! 

Was he a bit of a writer?! 

Can I be nosey and ask why you broke up rainbows? Have you ever been married? Do you have children? 

x

24 minutes ago, mylolita said:

Can I be nosey and ask why you broke up rainbows? Have you ever been married? Do you have children? 

No worries @mylolitawe're all anonymous. :))

We broke up because I discovered he was a serious drug addict and had been for much of our relationship.

Yes I was married briefly for about a year.  We married too soon before we had the opportunity to know each other well enough to weather the ups and downs. 

No children.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

No worries @mylolitawe're all anonymous. :))

We broke up because I discoved he was a serious drug addict and had been for much of our relationship.

Yes I was married briefly for about a year.  We married too soon before we had the opportunity to know each other well enough to withstand the ups and downs. 

No children.

Ah, that is a shock I’m sure - sorry it happened! 

Can I be nosey still and ask how old you are rainbows? 

I actually think this site has a lot of women and men around a similar age bracket looking for love, and finding themselves at similar cross roads! 30-50 somethings bracket! I think a lot coming out of a divorce and then re-finding love, or others who have never been in a serious relationship for too long searching for The One! 

It’s a curious read for me. I feel so out of touch in modern dating, even though I am only 33. I feel more like the 90 year old lady who has been married for 60 years 🥲🤣 it feels that long since I was single! 

I say best of luck to you and I have a good feeling about your elevator hunk! 

x

37 minutes ago, rainbowsandroses said:

Yes! Or cards and notes.  

One of my ex's from years back (together six years, lived together and iengaged) would leave me the sweetest notes.  He would also buy me cards, no occasion, just cause. 

I really loved that about him. 

That sounds like the loveliest day Rainbow!!

My mom saved my dad’s letters when they were long distance engaged for 4 years plus all the soppy sweet cards. My boyfriends and I also wrote letters and love letters and postcards when away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, mylolita said:

I LOVE THIS CROW! 

I wish I’d been back there! The 80s seemed like such a cool era! 

I was born 18th December 1989 - I only saw a few weeks of the 80s! Shame! 

x

Very cool growing up in the 80s. I was born in ‘66. I remember seeing Men at Work concert standing room only at a hotel in around 1983, meeting the Ramones at a rock of ages festival early 80s, disco roller skating, getting an ankle chain on a necklace - engraved with our names - not really a promise ring but sort of. Gunne Sax dresses for the high school prom, making cassette tapes of your favorite songs and sometimes as a gift for a boyfriend or girlfriend, and sometimes playing on a Walkman lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update:

Good evening guys, I have an update but also want to run something by you because I typically don't do this type of thing (date two or more men simultaneously) but think it's OK, and curious what yall think.

So, I have third date with Mr. Elevator Man tomorrow night. 😍

We chatted today over email to confirm and catch up on our week because we had not texted or talked all week.  

It was such a great convo ☺️ and afterwards I was pretty upbeat and I dunno I must've been projecting some good positive energy cause I got approached outside my apt building by a guy who lives in the same complex and noticed me previously but never said anything.

We spent some time chatting and he asked me if I wanted to grab a bite tonight.  Made it sound pretty casual, just like Mr. Elevator Man did initially.

Not sure what's up with all these last minute invites but anyway I responded that I would love to but had already made plans.  So he asked me out for next week.  

I responded sure sounds fun and he put my number in his phone. 

He's good looking but I don't feel the same attraction as I do with Mr. Elevator Man.

But I dunno, a couple of my friends think I should keep options open and not limit myself to "one man at a time" as I typically have done in the past especially when I feel such a strong attraction to Elevator Man and it's mutual.

I think there are positives to doing both I suppose but I'm uncertain.

The old me would have turned this new guy down telling him I'm dating someone but then again, we've only had two dates!

Any thoughts?  What would you do in my shoes? 

14 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

It's raining men?

That's great. Enjoy your date with elevator man. You can keep this guy's number, why not?  Maybe you'll use it maybe not. See what's up with elevator man. (Bad pun).

He took my number Wise, he put it in his phone. I didn't ask for his. 

Again it was all so casual, maybe he didn't even intend it as a "date" but we'll see, I have time to think about it.

Or maybe he won't even call, I know how that goes, lol.   He seemed sincere, so did I for that matter when I responded "sure sounds fun" even though I'm uncertain.

You never know how these things are going to play out. 

Ty Wise! 

I think it's also because you're letting off healthy vibes about yourself - you have this little boost from E-Man ;-).  

Obviously see this other man - you've only met E-Man twice in your life! I dated a cute neighbor a couple of times in the 1990s I think - it was funny how I finally met him  - we weren't a match but I know for sure I was also looking to date others at the same time.

• Like 1