Annnnnd we all tested

15 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

We all feel pretty rough, burning up and shaking and bad body pain and chills and then sweating, headaches and congestion and coughing. 

I'm sorry to hear you're all not feeling well. 

Is it possible for you to get the medication that treats the symptoms? I forgot what it's called, but my son's spouse took it and it helped immensely.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

My doctor’s office basically shrugged and said well get better .( basically suck it up) And the clinic on base for my husband is closed for a federal holiday. 

I'm sorry 😞 I hope the more severe symptoms don't last long and you're all feeling better really soon.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Thanks, it is pretty rough. No one can make anything so I might ask a friend to get us canned soup and Gatorade. 

That's a good idea. They can bring you what you need and leave it at your front door.

My case was relatively mild so I was able to order groceries online and pick them up contactless. Perhaps you could have a service deliver anything else you may need.

11 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

That's a good idea. They can bring you what you need and leave it at your front door.

My case was relatively mild so I was able to order groceries online and pick them up contactless. Perhaps you could have a service deliver anything else you may need.

Yeah, she just recovered from a second bout of Covid a month ago so she said she is the best candidate because she is still immune. It is spreading like wildfire on the base again. Unfortunately, the base is basically in the middle of the forest and nothing delivers but the community women are really supportive. 

37 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

My doctor’s office basically shrugged and said well get better .( basically suck it up) And the clinic on base for my husband is closed for a federal holiday. 

Sorry to hear that. Cant somebody just buy you something for temperature to go down like "Paracetamol"?

2 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

Sorry to hear that. Cant somebody just buy you something for temperature to go down like "Paracetamol"?

We have Tylenol cold and flu and Motrin but it isn’t helping my son or husband. I am not as bad because I had 4 shots . My husband was supposed to get his 4th this week. And my son only had 2. They are both burning up . But I am not as hot as them or at least I can’t tell. 

• Like 1

Any idea how you were exposed? Maybe one of the kiddos?

I was infected by my nephew who lived in the same house as me. And exposed twice more, once by a close friend and once by my son and his spouse. It's not strangers who seem to be passing it around but people we know and even people we love.

This virus is insidious.

I'm sorry you and your family are feeling so unwell, but hopefully it is short lived.

2 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Any idea how you were exposed? Maybe one of the kiddos?

I was infected by my nephew who lived in the same house as me. And exposed twice more, once by a close friend and once by my son and his spouse. It's not strangers who seem to be passing it around but people we know and even people we love.

This virus is insidious.

I'm sorry you and your family are feeling so unwell, but hopefully it is short lived.

It could have been anywhere really. My son goes to play cards, kids. One of my daycare kiddos is positive though and he was coughing almost into my face Thursday and Friday. They have been allowed no mask at school anymore and full school no closures etc. Schools don’t even have to report cases, asymptomatic siblings can go to school etc.