I'm worried I might be rebounding...

My ex and I broke up and I started seeing this guy at work shortly after who I was never really attracted to but had always really liked me and is super kind and sweet but not the typical guy I date and wanted to see. He likes me a lot.

I think about my ex everyday still and we had a very connected albeit rocky relationship... I was talking to my ex alot still and sleeping with him when I was starting to date this new guy.

I had also hooked up with my exes best friend right after we broke up and he forgave and tried to move forward, but he works a long way away and I was still hanging out with this new guy alot. I had told me ex to come and visit and we hooked up... but things got messy because I hooked up with the new guy when my ex was in town... I told my ex I hooked up with him and he finally had enough I guess, told me to tell this new guy what had been going on between the two of us... or he was going to do it himself.

I had rejected this new guy once when I was starting to hook up with my exes best friend.... and then I had to tell him that I had been hooking up with my ex when we were first starting to date. I'm also the first girlfriend he has ever had.

The new guy has forgiven me and we are now dating.... but I still think about my ex everyday.

Mostly I am just curious...

Do you guys think I'm in a rebound relationship? 

Has anyone ever had any good experiences with rebounds? 

Umm.. yeah.  You are rebounding all over the place 😕 .

How's that for your mental health?

If you're still stuck on your ex, the worst thing to do is is go 'hooking up' with a bunch of other's.

How about you lay low for a good few months and work through your thoughts & emotions. Otherwise you have nothing much to 'give' to your other guys and that's just messing them up as well.

So, I suggest you just stop this - with all of them.

Get yourself back to good before moving on again. Respect them and yourself.

• Like 1

Stay single for awhile and date casually. Entering relationships like this is disrespectful especially if you are not upfront about your intentions or feelings.

You aren’t over your ex so don’t use someone else to fill the void. 

Not all rebounds are bad. Some are good. Surprisingly good. But. Ultimately not always compatible in the long run. 

Be kind to one another and end your current relationship if your heart isn’t in it.

• Like 1

Your ethics and your decision-making skills suck, so you're not going to be successful  in any relationship until you improve in both of those areas. With all the people in the world, why would you do something so hurtful as to diddle with an ex's best friend? Would you not have minded if your ex hooked up with your best friend? 

If you were supposed to be exclusive with this new guy, you cheated on him? Are you okay if a guy cheats on you?

How about treating people how you would like to be treated? You can't go wrong with that.

On 2/6/2022 at 4:49 PM, Laughlin said:

I told my ex I hooked up with him and he finally had enough I guess, told me to tell this new guy what had been going on between the two of us... or he was going to do it himself.

Apparently, you haven't seen any of those love triangle murder mysteries on Dateline or 48 Hours Mystery. You're playing with fire, here. Don't start anything new until making a clean break.

Yeah, you need to stay alone and reflect on how to be a decent person in order to attract decent men. That guy you're dating now has really low self-esteem to put up with this toxic nonsense. Free him because you're just not that into him and he deserves someone who is, and who will be faithful to him.

• Like 1
On 2/6/2022 at 4:49 PM, Laughlin said:

Do you guys think I'm in a rebound relationship? 

Rebound is kind of an understatement, but what difference does it make?

When stability is something you want to shoot for, you'll do that. Otherwise, you can call whatever you're doing whatever you want.