am i overreacting or should i break up with him?

ive been dating this guy for around a month now. i really really like him. today he got a dm on instagram from a girl who had apparently been watching him in school and was his "secret admirer". she was texting him all sorts of sexual nonsense (knowing he had a girlfriend) and was sending him really weird stuff. he showed me these texts and i thought it was a sort of prank, because it sounded really weird. it turned out that it wasnt a prank, and it was a real girl. she also dm'd me too and while she never was openly hostile towards me, i can tell she was being passive aggressive. i told him about this and he had apparently been talking to her and decided she was cool. he said she invited him over to her house and he said yes. this really triggered me. i got super angry and i asked him how he could go over to her house after he knew she was basically stalking him at school. i told him she clearly doesnt like me and shes going to try something with him. he tried to say that she doesnt hate me. i told him that i will fight for him but i refuse to fight OVER him, and i told him if hes not gonna get rid of her then he should let me know so i dont waste any more of my time with him. he blocked her after that. i cried for hours after that. but it still really pisses me off. the way he handled the situation really gets to me. and the messages he sent her piss me off too. he asked for pics of her. i just am not cool with the fact that he accepted her offer and was seriously planning to go to her house to do god knows what. he never fully apologized. after that he stopped replying to me and im guessing just went to sleep or something. i dont know what to do. im still really angry at him. should i just break up with him?

He's acting like a typical teenage boy who thinks it's really cool to have more than one girl into him.  He's developing his ego.  Unfortunately, he's going about it the wrong way.

I wouldn't waste any more time with a boy who acts like this.  If he wants to pump up his ego by having multiple girls chase after him, tell him that's fine but you won't be one of them.

• Like 1

Yes you should end it.  I agree that he is behaving like a typical teenage boy but that is no reason for you to accept his behaviour.  Let him know it really isn't cool by ending it.  As hurtful as it may be, it's only been a month and it won't take you long to find someone else.

• Like 1

Definitely break up with him. 

He's not into you the same way you're into him, and he's starting to scope out other girls. It's only a matter of time until he tells you he thinks you two should just be friends. 

A boy who really likes you won't behave this way to begin with. 

He’s not worth it. He decided she was “cool”? Yeah so cool she sent random weird, Sexual things to a guy with a girlfriend. And obviously she knew about you since she messaged you too. Seems like a super cool girl and he’s an excellent judge of character 👍🏻
He allowed her to disrespect you and then he turned around and disrespected you too while hanging out with her. Not the kind of guy you should waste your time on. It’s been a month, count your blessings and block anything associated with him. 

On 1/30/2022 at 5:47 AM, getscared said:

i told him that i will fight for him

Don't fight for anyone in your life, ever. If they are worthy of being in your life, there will never be a need to fight for anything like that.

Those that truly love you, would never put you in that position where you would feel the need to fight for them.

He is absolutely disrespectful, irresponsible and completely immature.

This girl made it very clear that she wants to be involved with him, and if he was in a committed relationship that meant a great deal to him, he would have told her that he is not available, not interested and to please not contact him again, followed by blocking her.

The way he responded has proven to you that he doesn't take you or the relationship seriously, he is open to other women coming into his life and isn't ready for any kind of commitments.

Tell him that you refuse to put up with this kind of disrespect, you deserve a man who treats you better and you're done with him.

And mean it...end it, block him everywhere.

• Like 1