Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Emotional support group Covid19

Seraphim

I am making homemade crocheted masks that you can sew cotton into.
sounds good! i always wanted to learn to crochet. I can knit, thanks to my Nana but not crochet. I've tried to teach myself with a kit from Michael's and you tube videos but I get frustrated and quit.

I really want to learn to make little flowers! and then I'll put them all over everything. [emoji847]

Good and bad day.. my grandma passed away earlier, and my daughter was born around 1hour or so before that.. so overwhelmed x

Big big hugs, ((((Butterfly~Wrists))) Sending buckets of comfort and well-being and reinforcement and joy. Welcome to your daughter! What stories you will tell her. Such a big day.

Heart, I've been doing curbside pick up. For groceries, I've had to order 2 weeks in advance to get a slot. For pet supplies from the petstore, it was only a couple of days.

We've ordered a few things for delivery from local small businesses. The smaller guys here tend to be waiving delivery fees because they are just trying to stay afloat. I ordered coffee beans from a local roaster and the owner delivered them! Even sprayed the bags when he arrived!

I know not everyone has these options but if you can, I highly recommend.

You could always try and see if it works out? I ordered a week before I needed more groceries. They came eventually.

Yes, my area has a lot of issues with the main shopper/delivers -multiple texts about the order, delayed, leaking packages, wrong items, missing, completely wrong order/huge delays. My friend saw one of the shoppers wearing gloves and handling the food -and her phone too. I saw another hanging around with a full cart chatting with others (this is pre-virus) which made me wonder again about the safety of perishables. I have also heard great experiences! I can't feasibly do delivery in the situation we live in now with very complicated access -I'd end up having to wait outside our building or hope the shopper will be willing to do all the complicated access procedures. Too much interaction for me and not worth it. I'm really glad it worked for you -when it does it must feel so convenient and efficient! i have my non perishables delivered to my building's package room but now those are not available for delivery (cleaning products/paper products).

sounds good! i always wanted to learn to crochet. I can knit, thanks to my Nana but not crochet. I've tried to teach myself with a kit from Michael's and you tube videos but I get frustrated and quit.

I really want to learn to make little flowers! and then I'll put them all over everything. [emoji847]

I am really good at crochet. I can do anything from a YouTube video.

Had to mute another cousin, sigh. She says the fact that cases have been dropping proves it's a liberal hoax. Um, no, cases have been dropping because of social distancing.

Of course I won't waste any time debating her or anyone else. She is free to believe what she wants just as all of us are. I just hope she or her husband or kids don't end up sick because she doesn't believe it's real.

I can't decide if I envy them for their lack of fear or not.

Anyway, I will continue to err on the side of caution. Nothing wrong with staying clean, staying away from people and being careful.

PS: I just realized if I work the full 11 hours I will be up 22 out of 24 hours. I think I'll just work 8 hours and then come home. Luckily my point of contact has told me that I own my own development and I can attend what training I feel is necessary.

Heart, I've been doing curbside pick up. For groceries, I've had to order 2 weeks in advance to get a slot. For pet supplies from the petstore, it was only a couple of days.

We've ordered a few things for delivery from local small businesses. The smaller guys here tend to be waiving delivery fees because they are just trying to stay afloat. I ordered coffee beans from a local roaster and the owner delivered them! Even sprayed the bags when he arrived!

I know not everyone has these options but if you can, I highly recommend.

Wow- it sounds like it works well in your area! My friend tried it for a few weeks in ours -she lives in a very affluent part of town -and ended up feeling pressured to tip for the incompetency because "he knows where I live".

Had to mute another cousin, sigh. She says the fact that cases have been dropping proves it's a liberal hoax. Um, no, cases have been dropping because of social distancing.

Had to do the same. This pandemic has sure shown some different sides to people I have known for years. Some are much more meaner, some are much more dim?

For the first few weeks, I tried arguing and explaining. It only got me worn out. So now I have muted and life is happier.

Wow- it sounds like it works well in your area! My friend tried it for a few weeks in ours -she lives in a very affluent part of town -and ended up feeling pressured to tip for the incompetency because "he knows where I live".

Yeah we've been rather fortunate. It may be because we are a smaller city with oodles of small businesses. I'll absolutely be remembering those who have done their part in helping people out. I tag them in my social media so they hopefully get more support.

Ugh, that would suck worrying about that in your friends position.

Had to do the same. This pandemic has sure shown some different sides to people I have known for years. Some are much more meaner, some are much more dim?

For the first few weeks, I tried arguing and explaining. It only got me worn out. So now I have muted and life is happier.

I don't even bother because I know it's pointless. I know people can have different points of view and that's fine. I just get annoyed when they say that people who believe the virus is real are stupid brainless sheep who don't care about their rights.

I love both these cousins dearly, but once we are able to have visits again I don't think they will be first on my list lol.

I just choose to do things that I feel will help me remain healthy. And hope that I and others are able to stay safe. And of course, that this awful pandemic runs its course soon so that no more people have to die or be horribly ill.

Yeah we've been rather fortunate. It may be because we are a smaller city with oodles of small businesses. I'll absolutely be remembering those who have done their part in helping people out. I tag them in my social media so they hopefully get more support.

Ugh, that would suck worrying about that in your friends position.

That's great! Our weekly farmers market is closed but they are doing pre-orders and pick up. I haven't but what a great and creative idea!

don't even bother because I know it's pointless. I know people can have different points of view and that's fine. I just get annoyed when they say that people who believe the virus is real are stupid brainless sheep who don't care about their rights.

Well that's just it, right? The ones who don't believe it, are yelling the loudest and calling everyone else stupid, etc. Better to just turn off.