Ex Bf came back after a year and I am so confused.

MsLeeSee

Despite his text, he's still unclear. Does he want you to meet his family for dinner because he wants you to be his friend or does he wish to rekindle a relationship with you? Get a straight up answer in order to prevent wasting your time and energy on him.

IMHO, it's huge whenever a man truly wants you to meet his family. I remember my husband was eager to introduce me to his family including his grandma! Usually, this honor and privilege is reserved for special people in a person's life and not privy to just casual friends. Nonetheless, you still need to have "a talk" with him and find out what his sincere intentions are with YOU.

Thanks for your reply Cherylyn. I'm gonna just talk to him, see what he says. Rather he wants a relationship or not, I think I'm okay. I usually don't go back to my exes as they're exes for a reason however him and I didn't have a bitter toxic relationship. I wish he would value who he brings home to his parents because it gives off the wrong impression to the partner and the parents. Esp being that I tend to overthink things and I don't want to be embarrassed when all is clarified. Thanks again for your response!

I'm Sorry. What forum should I have posted in? I'm not opposed to getting back with him, I'm just confused what everything means.

Not to sound harsh, but rather than being "confused" about what everything means, I have a hunch that you Know what "everything means."

If he was serious about getting back together he'd make that clear, rather than risk losing you. In other words, he'd be camping out on your doorstep. Either way, unless you hear it straight from the horse's mouth, I wouldn't jump when he throws a few crumbs your way.

Thanks for your reply Cherylyn. I'm gonna just talk to him, see what he says. Rather he wants a relationship or not, I think I'm okay. I usually don't go back to my exes as they're exes for a reason however him and I didn't have a bitter toxic relationship. I wish he would value who he brings home to his parents because it gives off the wrong impression to the partner and the parents. Esp being that I tend to overthink things and I don't want to be embarrassed when all is clarified. Thanks again for your response!

No problem, MsLeeSee. I'm glad you'll talk to him and ask him questions so you can receive straight up answers from him. A man should never be a question mark to you. It's good that you don't have a bitter toxic relationship with him. Ask him questions so you won't misunderstand his intentions such as introducing you to his family. You won't overthink after you get the answers you are looking for. Enjoy the dinner, btw! :tongue:

I'll take a little more perhaps empathic stand point....

If interacting with him isn't hurting you or disrupting your day too much then maybe just be casual and start again as friends....Yep, there I said it 'Friends'....

You're the prize here and if he doesn't act on it then it's his loss right...?

Exes do come back...It's never happened to me but I've seen it here and there. But rarely do they come back and lay on the floor begging "I NEED YOU BACK!!!" ....nor would you really want that....

So perhaps let things evolve a little more organically yeh? Putting him under the spotlight will only cause unnecessary pressure....

That said, if it IS hurting you and disrupting your day then yes you'll probably have to sort it out asap....

S'up to you*

Carus :)

I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt (for the sake argument) and not assume he's some horrible guy who dumped her for another woman, but someone who was clearly not ready to date at the time.

If he were to call me an entire year later, I wouldn't rough him up over the phone and insist I know his intentions and demand a commitment. He's invited her to his parents house. I don't understand why all the negative responses. It's as if his invitation to spend time with his family is some horrible thing.

He may or may not want to reconcile. But she isn't going to know that unless she engages him in some way.

Besides a year is a long time in between. I wouldn't jump at the chance of reconciliation and would want to at least spend some time getting reacquainted anyway

Does she have the strength to enjoy a day at his parents and from there see what transpires?

If he did break up with her for someone else, she'll find out soon enough.

Archived