Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

1 minute ago, maritalbliss86 said:

Wow 😂 now that is some serious cake-addiction LOL!!!

Oh my stepdad his mom babied  the crap out of him. He was the youngest of four and all his other siblings had to eat his vegetables including theirs and he got extra desserts while they eat his vegetables. His first wife used to crush his medication for him and put it in honey because he was such a baby then he met my mom after his first wife died. My mom doesn’t baby him at all and tells him to smarten up. 😂 

• Haha 1

I don’t know how 27 years has gone by. I look at our wedding picture and look at a picture of us today and go oh my God how did we get so old? ! 27 years it doesn’t seem possible we don’t seem old enough to be married that long. We don’t seem old enough to of been together almost 33 years. What the actual heck. Ahhhhh we used to be so young and beautiful and free. We may be a little weatherbeaten and a little more cynical but still adore each other. Just the thought of my love for him brings tears to my eyes and makes me sob with happiness. 

There have been days true, that I hated the sight of his face and the sound of his voice and could’ve cheerfully strangled him, but a lot of years of troubles will do that. But we have also weathered it all. And still adoring him since the 80s. ❤️ 

image.png

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Oh my stepdad his mom babied  the crap out of him. He was the youngest of four and all his other siblings had to eat his vegetables including theirs and he got extra desserts while they eat his vegetables. His first wife used to crush his medication for him and put it in honey because he was such a baby then he met my mom after his first wife died. My mom doesn’t baby him at all and tells him to smarten up. 😂 

That's funny.  I can see how the last baby gets spoiled LOL. 

Our 4th baby is just SOOOOO adorable.  Sometimes I can't believe the strong emotions he elicits from me, cuddling him in the middle of the night is not bad at all, I love the bonding and getting to snuggle with him and comfort him.

He's still sleeping right now, he's taken to sleeping in almost till 9am 😲 

Trying not to spoil him, but he is just so darn cute and ALL the kids adore him and together as a familly I think he gets so much love and attention it's going to be hard for it not to go to his head LOL

Just now, maritalbliss86 said:

That's funny.  I can see how the last baby gets spoiled LOL. 

Our 4th baby is just SOOOOO adorable.  Sometimes I can't believe the strong emotions he evicts from me, cuddling him in the middle of the night is not bad at all, I love the bonding and getting to snuggle with him and comfort him.

He's still sleeping right now, he's taken to sleeping in almost till 9am 😲 

Trying not to spoil him, but he is just so darn cute and ALL the kids adore him and together as a familly I think he gets so much love and attention it's going to be hard for it not to go to his head LOL

I think the last get does get spoiled all to hell. My brother is my mom‘s baby and oh my god he’s like the goose that laid the golden egg. I have to tow the family line and he can do whatever he likes and it’s all good to her. Me , she goes I expect you to be better than me so I pound you hard. 

A young couple who have a YouTube channel and who live in Halifax said they were told they could get a first dose of the vaccine, probably in May, but they can't get their second dose for FIFTEEN WEEKS!  Yikes!  They're supposed to be administered 21-28 days apart depending on the particular vaccine, but this couple said the government is worried about supply and running out of doses.

They also said they're back on lockdown and that they won't be trying the "Atlantic Bubble" again until maybe another month or so.

They're looking into traveling to the US to get vaccinated and then just not returning to Canada for several months so they won't have to quarantine.  They said it's been suggested to them to do that, but they seem worried about how they'll be perceived if they do.

5 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

A young couple who have a YouTube channel and who live in Halifax said they were told they could get a first dose of the vaccine, probably in May, but they can't get their second dose for FIFTEEN WEEKS!  Yikes!  They're supposed to be administered 21-28 days apart depending on the particular vaccine, but this couple said the government is worried about supply and running out of doses.

They also said they're back on lockdown and that they won't be trying the "Atlantic Bubble" again until maybe another month or so.

They're looking into traveling to the US to get vaccinated and then just not returning to Canada for several months so they won't have to quarantine.  They said it's been suggested to them to do that, but they seem worried about how they'll be perceived if they do.

I am not getting my second shot until July so about 12 weeks but they will extend it as far as 16 if they have to. Yup we have a supply problem. It seems Moderna can’t pony up. Johnson &Johnson hasn’t even delivered yet and 18 million doses of AstraZeneca is sitting in a warehouse in the US doing nothing. So even though we’ve paid millions and millions and millions and millions and millions of dollars for doses we’re just not seeing them. 

But also based on data Health Canada has determined it is also safe to go as far out as 12 to 16 weeks because they say antibodies don’t  drop by then and also they want to get as many people the first shot as possible because Canada right now is in a massive third wave. 

Yesterday our Premier begged the federal government for the use of the military to help out in hospitals and it was granted. Some other provinces have offered to send doctors and nurses including the wife of the premiere of Newfoundland and Labrador as she is an ICU doctor. 

Ahhhhhhhhhhh dental phobia here we come again. Need to get a filling this morning and then don’t see them until Oct. 

Thank goodness to for dental benefits . They increased are amount this year to over $2000 a person . But it is only me on the benefit plan as hubby is looked after by the military. 

I did manage to get through my dental visit ok. I needed a filling on my incisor near the top. My dentist said I have fared  very well without preventative care over the pandemic. She said other people didn’t fare as well. I had a tiny little divet  in the natural tooth and that’s where the little bit of decay had started. Now with the filing  that tooth is perfectly straight. 

For anyone who has known me more than a hot minute they know I have really bad dental phobia. So I took two clonazepam before I left. So I had .75 mg today. I had my noise cancelling headphones to listen to movies from my phone. and I had a finger fidget. The whole appointment was  I don’t know maybe 10 minutes. I did manage to just lay there calmly so they could get their work done and it was done pretty quick. The distraction really really helped. And I think also too that it was a front tooth which seems to be less traumatic than the molars. 

No more dentist appointments until October yay!

3 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Wow, there should be some sort of party for that or something. Along the lines of 25 year anniversary.... but this would be the 50% anniversary lol!

Lol . I ordered a cake from a military spouse on base she makes homemade cakes. And we are having Chinese food brought in of course because we are in a lockdown and nothing is open. 
this is the cake she made us. 

this year will also be my in-laws 62nd anniversary. 

C001B983-DD0D-41CE-98FF-3564BD6B74A2.png

• Like 2