He’s had precious girlfriends before. Apparently they left and a few would cheat because of all the time he would be away for work. He said no ones helped him this much before and he would usually just have to buy new work shirts and clothes because he would work 12hrs and sleep for a few and then do it all over again the following day for 6days a week. Spend most of his time traveling home to do whatever yard work or things needed to be done Sunday and then travel back to wherever he is Monday.

I guess it’s my own fault. I do offer my help too much because I feel that if I just get it done, I don’t have to hear him stress or complain about it later on. If I have the time to do it then why not do a few of his things also.

There have been times where I don’t feel appreciated, and feel taken advantage of but a lot of the time it’s brcause I feel I’m not doing a good enough job in things.

I like to help do these things because when I was working 2 jobs it was totally frustrating for me to not have time to do my errands or laundry and stuff.

I take care of my kids and I spend time with them when I have them. They spend 3 days over at their dads during the week. Tuesday through Thursday.

I have hobbies. I paint, I am into photography, and I go to bible studies every Tuesday evening.

He snowboards whenever he does have time and fishes and the usual male hobbies when he has days off.

So we aren’t around each other all the time or anything like that.

But it’s true. He is a grown ass man. And he does need to do these things himself and get those chores and errands priorities figured out so he doesn’t stress about it once it piles up.

He’s not a bad man. He isn’t abusive verbally or physically. I just notice his work has him on edge a lot.

Any problems we have had is usually arguments that happen after trying to talk about my past issues and insecurities.

I’ve talked to others and they’ve also suggested backing off, leaving him alone when he seems overly stressed

You need a therapist and he needs to do his own errands, chores rather than "snowboards, fishes and the usual male hobbies". He's not your therapist and you're not his mother. Take care of your kids first.

we have had is usually arguments that happen after trying to talk about my past issues and insecurities.

Archived