Should I let this soulmate go?

Sukiwater29

However then again ... is there a difference between commitment phobe or commitment issues? I know he just doesn't want a commitment and he felt like even in his past relationships he wasn't ready to be in one. Like he was in a relationship for 4 years and still felt like he wasn't ready. Is that almost a commitment phobe? Maybe cos he's a Gemini lol but yeah I loved how u knew the cancer reference haha

I'm a Gemini and have never had trouble committing to long-term relationships. One's birth date does not predetermine someone's behaviour in a relationship.

I just think he's a young guy not really looking for something serious right now, but hits you up when he's bored or wants his ego stroked. I don't see anything more complicated going on than a lack of genuine interest but knowing the "right" things to say to you to get you talking to him again.

I'm a Gemini and have never had trouble committing to long-term relationships. One's birth date does not predetermine someone's behaviour in a relationship.

Obviously you are lying through your teeth. We all know that Gemini has commitment issues.

I think it's interesting he was in four-year RL but still not "ready" to commit.

Was it a casual RL all that time?

No It wasn't a casual relationship but I think he just felt like he wasn't "life ready" like not ready to settle down i feel like his mind is all over the place.. but you are right Katrina, it's only best I let go as at the end of the day I am playing myself the most. He wants to be "friends" or just stay in touch but honestly... I feel like I'll never move on until I let go.

I just think he's a young guy not really looking for something serious right now, but hits you up when he's bored or wants his ego stroked. I don't see anything more complicated going on than a lack of genuine interest but knowing the "right" things to say to you to get you talking to him again.

Haha I really do believe in astrology but yeah it should never justify someone's actions but yeah it's simply the case of a young guy who's just not interested in a relationship and that's ok. The only thing that isn't ok is me not being honest with my self and what I want deep down inside :)

At a festival my friend thought she was in love with the guy from a burger stand... Guess what she wasn't.

You can't trust festivals or take them too seriously. All that booze and drugs. It's like a whole different planet. Not to say you was on any of them - just saying how mad festivals can be.

So that crazy connection you think you had could just be like a holiday romance.

Also sadly he has depression this is something he will have to deal with. It's unfair for him to drag you into it. He is doing a kind thing for pulling away.

One of my friends who has depression. Ended up dating a guy with depression. Last I heard she isn't happy. It's not easy! So be careful if you really want to pursue it.

Also girl you are off traveling in January! Honestly go out there single. Don't be out there worrying about a man back home. Have fun!

Omg I love this!!!! My ex was a Gemini. Must unpredictable man ever and so indecisive in the relationship. I don't believe in these things but he was textbook Gemini lol

Lmaooo literally genuinely no exagération but MALE geminis are majority all over the place. I think female geminis are different though wouldn't say they have troubles settling down at all. (If anyone here doesn't believe in this please don't comment on it)

Lmaooo literally genuinely no exagération but MALE geminis are majority all over the place. I think female geminis are different though wouldn't say they have troubles settling down at all. (If anyone here doesn't believe in this please don't comment on it)

Tell you what all the Gemini's I have ever met in life as massive spenders.

My Uncle's wife was always in debt.

My Dad literally always buying unnecessary stuff.

Then my ex was in like 5k debt by time we split up.

Like I said I'm not a massive believer. But seems a bit odd how all of them had money troubles.

My Dad settled down at 25. My Aunt at 18! My ex obviously didn't. So that trait I have no idea.

Watch out for the money stuff!

I always joke about star signs on a date. Impressed if the guys look into it and dicuss it with me other.

Apparently my sign and a Gemini makes for a passionate and unpredictable... My days of that is over lol

Wish you luck with it all.

Honestly enjoy your 6 months traveling and embrace it as single.

If this guy is around when you get back. Why not entertain the idea again?

Enjoy your Xmas and go see the world after!

Tell you what all the Gemini's I have ever met in life as massive spenders.

My Uncle's wife was always in debt.

My Dad literally always buying unnecessary stuff.

Then my ex was in like 5k debt by time we split up.

Like I said I'm not a massive believer. But seems a bit odd how all of them had money troubles.

My Dad settled down at 25. My Aunt at 18! My ex obviously didn't. So that trait I have no idea.

Watch out for the money stuff!

I always joke about star signs on a date. Impressed if the guys look into it and dicuss it with me other.

Apparently my sign and a Gemini makes for a passionate and unpredictable... My days of that is over lol

Wish you luck with it all.

Honestly enjoy your 6 months traveling and embrace it as single.

If this guy is around when you get back. Why not entertain the idea again?

Enjoy your Xmas and go see the world after!

Thank you so much for your message lovely 💖💖 yesss I willl enjoy the world and travel and embraceee being single!!

I'm letting him go as of now , no longer entertaining the idea of me and him ever being a thing. It's time to be realistic so I will no longer reach out to him.

My brother is also a Gemini like myself, and has been with his wife for over 20 years. My Gemini uncle has been married to my aunt for nearly 50.

Say what you like, but you are making a lot of silly generalizations and attributing it to star signs.

Did some research and this is what I discovered about Geminis -- generally speaking (there are always exceptions depending on placement of moon, ascendant, venus, mars).

The constellation of Gemini depicts a set of twins, Castor and Polydeuces. It is from this picture the zodiac draws the archetypal Gemini sign. Gemini is the legendary dualistic sign of the zodiac and is rumored to have almost a split persona, thus channeling the twin depiction. However, this dualism isn't as simple as a personality split. Oftentimes, what is believed by others to be a dual personality is really a discrepancy between how the Gemini would like to be seen, and how he or she really is.

Emotionally Aloof and Non-Committal

Geminis are often seen as emotionally unreachable. This feature is common within all the air archetypes and it is particularly visible when an individual has a moon or Venus in an air sign. The energy in air is locked in the intellect and "head knowledge," so emotional responses are not always recognized, even by the Gemini himself or herself. Yes, a Gemini does have emotions. However these are often cast aside in favor of more logical and tangible pursuits.

A Passion for Novelty

Boredom is toxic to a dominant Gemini. The air element that governs Gemini feeds upon intellectual stimulation. Combine that with the mutable and ever-changing energy of Gemini's triplicity, and you have an individual that thrives on new pursuits. Unfinished projects are highly common in the life of a Gemini, as are speedy relationships and abandoned hobbies. This isn't because Gemini is too lazy to finish, but because the typical Gemini is bright and easily distracted. It is a real challenge to tie this one down.

A Curious Disposition

Geminis ask questions about everything. Pat answers are not for this sign. The air element works strongly to fuel the intellect of all air signs, but the mutable aspect of Gemini keeps the questions coming. This makes for a highly skilled debater. When a Gemini is backed by a high intelligence quotient, you'll see a razor sharp conversationalist that can jump skillfully from topic to topic. Chart-dominant Geminis make excellent lawyers.

Socially Outgoing

Geminis love to talk, and they are in their element both at parties and behind the podium. They are not homebodies. A Gemini likes to be out and about, learning about the world and particularly about how others think.

Witty in Speech and Prone to Banter

Conversation fuels a Gemini. It feeds the core of his or her being. Geminis love to learn, and they also love to share what they have learned with others. However, because their minds work so quickly and draw from eclectic resources, they are absolute charmers when put to the conversational test. One can always look to Gemini for the quick-witted response, and they do love to be contradicted in speech. This gives them an opportunity to deliver fast comedic slaps and wry retorts, the sort that keeps their victims awake and planning responses for many nights.

Creative and Quick

With a Gemini, everything is fast. They are prompt in speech, quick in whim, and the end comes soon after the beginning. Their creativity is always running high and as soon as one project begins, another is already in planning. Efficiency is the gift of earth signs, but Geminis are excellent in theory and planning. Their abilities provide the theories that others will eventually finish for them.

--------------------------

My brother (the commitment phobe) is a Gemini for whatever it's worth.

Mod note:

OK peeps, can we please stick to the topic and question at hand or the thread gets closed. Question, which is: "Should I let this soulmate go?" and "My question is that... should this time be the last time ever? shall i cut him off everything? ". This is not about star signs and astrology. Thanks.

Just my opinion. Ascribing behavior to something as intangible as astrological sign is making excuses. Excuses why the relationship isn’t or won’t work, excuses why someone treats you as less than, excuses for even why you may behave a certain way.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t believe in astrology. But don’t use it to justify. If you want, use it as insight, but nothing more.

This has nothing to do with how the planets aligned the day this guy was born and everything to do with the fact that he's just not that into you. Gemini, Sagittarius or Hufflepuff, it makes no difference.

You don't have a "crazy intense" connection. He's not your soul mate. He's a fling. Period.

I met my husband in my 20s over seas when on vacation. We had literally no reason to think it would work. We lived on different continents from one another for 3 years but it worked because we both wanted the same thing.

When it's real, it's not hard. Circumstances might be hard (money, distance etc.) but the relationship itself isn't. That part comes easily. He doesn't want what you want and you can continue to meet up with him to tell him that while thinking you're giving yourself "closure" when in reality you're just beating a dead horse.

You won't get anything out of another meet up. Cut ties and move on.

Just my opinion. Ascribing behavior to something as intangible as astrological sign is making excuses. Excuses why the relationship isn’t or won’t work, excuses why someone treats you as less than, excuses for even why you may behave a certain way.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t believe in astrology. But don’t use it to justify. If you want, use it as insight, but nothing more.

That's the thing that is all I've been doing , using it as an insight not even to justify it but people aren't even acknowledging that

You don't have a "crazy intense" connection. He's not your soul mate He's a fling. Period.

I met my husband in my 20s over seas when on vacation. We had literally no reason to think it would work. We lived on different continents from one another for 3 years but it worked because we both wanted the same thing.

When it's real, it's not hard. Circumstances might be hard (money, distance etc.) but the relationship itself isn't. That part comes easily. He doesn't want what you want and you can continue to meet up with him to tell him that while thinking you're giving yourself "closure" when in reality you're just beating a dead horse.

You won't get anything out of another meet up. Cut ties and move on.

You spoke some truth yeah I'm not getting anything from meeting up with him. I'm done here . Also if you havnt read in the first few comments I interpret "soulmate" as someone you share a spiritual connection with - one that helps you grow in all levels . Which is the actual real meaning of soulmates. I also mention that we have many soulmates. I just highlighted that word in my title.

In addition I'm not using astrology to justify Why he isn't to me , if anything it's proven to be useful in understanding and dealing with human behaviour. Thank you for your response

However this was a sweet example . It's true "externals" can be hard but not the relationship itself

Archived