Ex Followed Me on Instagram

pacopaco

Well at the very least she's still curious about you. It's interesting, I used to look at my ex's FB occasionally after we broke up. TBH I had not 100% fully moved on so I was curious.

But now, three years later? I have no desire to check it. None, nada, zippo.

So frankly not sure what it means other than the fact she's still curious about you, even if just a little bit.

I wouldn't put much stock in that though; I think it's "normal" to be curious about an ex, doesn't mean we want to get back together with them!

lol, yeah we're all opining that it means nothing, meanwhile, after however many moons since you broke up, she's had this great epiphany that you're "the one" decided to stalk you on Instagram and is quietly pining away hoping to reconnect!

Bottom line, who the hell knows. It probably means nothing, but then again...

Unless she actually contacts you, ignore it.

I only just got on Instagram after we broke up. I knew she was on there but I thought it dumb to go look for her and block her if she didn't even know I was there.

Then that would be why she followed and then unfollowed... she was probably wondering why all of a sudden you were on there, knowing that she was, when you had never been on there before.

You're not helping yourself to move on by starting new threads consisting of "why" she's doing these things she does.

lol, yeah we're all opining that it means nothing, meanwhile, after however many moons since you broke up, she's had this great epiphany that you're "the one" decided to stalk you on Instagram and is quietly pining away hoping to reconnect!

Bottom line, who the hell knows. It probably means nothing, but then again...

Unless she actually contacts you, ignore it.

We just broke up in late August, but yeah I didn't read into it too much. The "follow" was gone the next day anyway. I guess I was thinking to myself "she wanted me gone. She got why she wanted. What gives?"

Oh, the scourge of Instagram! Oh, how I've been in these very spins!

Look, it does not mean nothing. The trouble is that, whatever it means, is just not enough.

I was in similar shoes a few months ago. My ex and I had blocked each other on IG, and in my feral, wallowing days I'd kind of gotten in the habit of looking at her page, which of course wan't really a page, because it was blocked. "User not found" kind of became a little reminder bell of "relationship over because it didn't work." That reflex grew thin, to the point where I was hardly looking.

Well, then one day I did look, and there she was! She had "unblocked" me! What did it MEAN?! And I spun around a bit, because my brain loves a futile workout, before landing on the very simple: it means something, but not enough. It means that life is crazy, basically, and so is love, and social media can really shine some life on the worst of the crazy.

Enjoy the tiny ego boost—you're still in her mind. Sigh. Now keep doing you, moving forward.

Oh, the scourge of Instagram! Oh, how I've been in these very spins!

Look, it does not mean nothing. The trouble is that, whatever it means, is just not enough.

I was in similar shoes a few months ago. My ex and I had blocked each other on IG, and in my feral, wallowing days I'd kind of gotten in the habit of looking at her page, which of course wan't really a page, because it was blocked. "User not found" kind of became a little reminder bell of "relationship over because it didn't work." That reflex grew thin, to the point where I was hardly looking.

Well, then one day I did look, and there she was! She had "unblocked" me! What did it MEAN?! And I spun around a bit, because my brain loves a futile workout, before landing on the very simple: it means something, but not enough. It means that life is crazy, basically, and so is love, and social media can really shine some life on the worst of the crazy.

Enjoy the tiny ego boost—you're still in her mind. Sigh. Now keep doing you, moving forward.

You summed it up pretty well blucastle thanks for that!

We just broke up in late August, but yeah I didn't read into it too much. The "follow" was gone the next day anyway. I guess I was thinking to myself "she wanted me gone. She got why she wanted. What gives?"

She was maybe curious. She thought of you, and had a look. She did it to put herself in your head a little. She wanted to see if you would block her. All possibilities.

It doesn't mean anything much. You should block her so she can't do it again.

Stick to no contact.

She was maybe curious. She thought of you, and had a look. She did it to put herself in your head a little. She wanted to see if you would block her. All possibilities.

It doesn't mean anything much. You should block her so she can't do it again.

Stick to no contact.

Thanks RayRay. The NC is hurting me but as so many people here would agree, I'm doing it for my own healing. I'm still missing her, missing my old apartment and our 4 cats (yes 4) but I know I won't heal and get better if I break NC. Truth be told, I'm just done and tired trying to figure her out. I spent too much time doing that while i was her. I can't go back to being that kind of wreck. It hurts, is all.

Archived