Is it over?

Jeannette80

No no.. We didn't date 2 months.... We met 2 months ago.. The dates happened in August.. I referred to the 2 months to point that its not someone I knew from before. The dates had 1 day difference between them

OK...but that doesn't answer my question.

Why are you so overly attached to someone you barely know? I get that you feel there was a "connection", but he seems to have checked out.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well usually I move on.. But maybe I feel in this case that I made a mistake and didn't handle the situation very well and I ended up losing a guy that I didn't want to lose..

Well, sometimes people make mistakes. And we just accept the consequences and move on.

Turning back time isn't possible, right? So, why keep obsessing over something that can't happen?

Obsessing over "fixing" it will keep you stuck exactly where you are. Tell me, is all this obsessing making you happy or feel at peace? Or is it causing you stress and anxiety?

I tend to move away from stress and anxiety because it isn't good for me and isn't fun.

Sometimes, we just have to walk away.

Well usually I move on.. But maybe I feel in this case that I made a mistake and didn't handle the situation very well and I ended up losing a guy that I didn't want to lose..

OP, we have suggested ways of trying to make amends with him, if you're so inclined.

But you keep talking yourself out of it. You appear to have no idea what you want.

I know you are right.. There nothing I can do now.. Go back in time? No.. Call? Well.. He doesn't seem interested.. So yes, I know I have to accept things as they are. And believe me I will accept it.. Already feeling better than yesterday and I guess time will tell..

I need to take the lesson out of it.. And move on.

Haha.. Yes I appear not to know what I want because I'm afraid. I want to reach to him. I've said that from the beginning. But I don't want to seem desperate. And I fear his rejection..

Of course I would like to hear suggestions..

They're in this thread.

I think you are going to need to just let it go, though. Too much time has passed now.

Jeannette, just do it. Text him and get it over with. You’ll have your answer, whether or not he responds.

Prepare yourself for the very good possibility that he may not respond.

Doesn’t seem you will let the situation go, and that you want to make contact.

You really have nothing to lose at this point.

Just prepare for the possibility that he may not respond, or he may just give a brief response (feed you breadcrumbs).

Either way, I’d just make a decision sooner than later - walk away or message.

Otherwise, you’re going to drive yourself bonkers with the indecisiveness and over-thinking.

A week of dating shouldn't result in a 12 page thread. Like .

Txt him if you want. Maybe then the obsessing will stop.

I was thinking the same thing. Way too much overkill, agonising and wringing of the hands over nothing. Really. OP, like others have been saying, just text him already and be done with it. This obsessing is so over the top after only 4 dates. Seriously, time to move on.

Yes.. Some of my friends encouraged me last night telling me to call him and see what happens.. Not to chase him.. Just call him.. See how he is doing.. And if the conversation allows it to talk about what happened. After all this is a guy that as I said we have mutual friends. It's possible to see him somewhere with company so it will be awkward.

The problem is that I feel embarrassed to call. After all he didn't reply to my previous text and it felt like he was ignoring me. So I feel that a few days might pass, maybe I will feel more confident and call. Not to beg, chase or anything..

Yes.. Although some people told me to call him my feeling is that I shouldn't..

Whatever happened happened.. Calling and wanting explanations.. No no way..

On the other hand calling just to see how he is doing its too early for that..

I do feel that we will talk eventually or see each other again. I mean we have mutual friends we go to the same places..

But calling and trying to fix things it's too late now.

The ship has sailed.

Let's face it. If he wanted he would try to fix things too..

It just surprises me.. He said he would do anything to fix his mistake and seemed so into me.. Well, I suppose he wasn't that interested in the first place.. Or he didn't bother to try afterwards.. Lost interest

Archived